Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No one really plays Twisting Nether and I don't see this being that much better. Only useful if you're way behind. Also might push you that much closer to fatigue damage assuming you've life tapped a decent amount. Probably not the best move against other control oriented decks.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Twisting Nether is actually played a lot in Renolock.

The problem is you already have removal in that deck, and many times your hand is almost full so you can't play this. It is too slow for aggro decks that want draw, and mills control decks that play with full hands.

So continuing in the same spirit, it is a crappier Twisting Nether, except this time Twisting Nether doesn't even leave Standard. Maybe if a new warlock archetype is born this will see play.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm worried the other Old God cards will be synergy shit like C'Thun so even more cards in the deck will be like his acolyte cards -- useless unless you're using them in a Yog'saron/Ysharajajajs/UngoMujumbo deck. Oh, N'zoth is the other one. Will be interesting to see his card since he hasn't actually appeared in WoW yet. Technically Ysharajsajj hasn't, either, but there have been some murals depicting him.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
635942557135375705.png

Terrible. Baddies on forums are saying it's amazing. They must not be playing the same game because I rarely run across aggro decks these days. Meanwhile this card is trash against Control priests, warriors, paladins, etc.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
Thank fuck Naxx is going away.. Still lots of great deathrattle minions, but getting just 2 Shredders would be absolutely ridiculous.

gSz10bw.gif

BztBBGE.gif

NgVQMny.gif

KUpZb7s.png

Last edited:

Explorerbc

Arcane
I see those crappy epic cards and I know I'm gonna open them all, while missing all the playable ones :negative:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There is no logic behind that card at all. It's an intentional shit card to fill the quota.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
lol I got another prophet valen from brawl

gimme dat duzzzzt

UglyBastard

Arcane
New legendary!

635944614619651818.png

Why do they make those cards? It's worse than Foe Reaper...

€: It's even worse than fkn Gruul. Cmon men, why???

Revenant

Actually, I would probably consider shelling out money on cards to be competitive in Standard but this new "lore" is so offensive I'd be ashamed to give this game a single dime.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Might be a mistranslation since a lot of these cards are being revealed on Asian websites. I saw another place call it 'Monstrosity.' Still pretty generic.

Revenant

It's not this card in particular that is insulting, it's their card thematic design decisions as a whole. They have an immense WoW lore to build upon, yet choose to go with the most inane conceptions. Look, it's a tauren... but it's CORRUPTED and has tentacles! Disgusting.

EDIT: this also depicts the shift of desirability of cards simply to collect. In Vanilla/Naxx, I always looked forward to add all the Warcraft heroes to my collection, but do I want a fucking infested tauren? No I don't.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Most of this seems to be newer art they did themselves rather than rely on the old physical TCG art.

635944486031752216.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
635945220590196054.png

Toxin cards are like spare parts, 1 mana but with stronger effects:

- Return a friendly minion to your hand (it costs 2 less)
- Give a minion +3 attack
- Give a minion stealth until your next turn
- Deal 2 damage
- Draw a card

Not amazingly good but a solid card that's probably worth playing for the combos. 3/2 is pretty bad for a 4 drop but at 3 mana it would probably be OP.

They also revealed a shitty warrior weapon:

635945232922107008.png

hivemind

Tentacles for Arms is terrible against mill decks so I don't see it getting a spot in many decks

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
2/2 weapon for 5... LOL! and it returns to your hand so you can play it again and lose even more.. Nice!

The argument went that headcrack was OP at 2, UP at 3, so at 2.5 it'd be just balanced. Probably still shit but that was BB's reasoning

Explorerbc

Arcane
I finally did it, now I can go back to just achieving rank 5 and not giving a shit about ladder anymore :smug:.

2j2gn7a.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
UR A LEGEND!

The more I look at N'zoth the more I can't believe this card won't be nerfed. Think about control Paladin who can fairly easily reach turn 10... so what if you're able to play Sylvanas and Tirion Fordring prior to that? For 10 mana you get the 5/7 N'zoth, 6/6 Tirion with taunt/shield/weapon, and 5/5 Sylvanas. It's like a win-more card where it doesn't even matter if you're drastically behind.

UglyBastard

Arcane
I finally did it, now I can go back to just achieving rank 5 and not giving a shit about ladder anymore :smug:.

GZ men, that's the spirit! :salute:

- - -

New card:

635947043480664519.png

Might be an indication that Tirion gets the nerfhammer. Otherwise I have no idea why anyone would play this over Tirion.

GrainWetski

Arcane
You can tell Blizzard really respects their own lore. I thought it was a joke card made by some random.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom