Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearts of Iron 3 Bitches!

entertainer

Arbiter
I hope it won't get dumbed down like other paradox new titles. Though that's inevitable since probably they will use their fancy eu3 engine.

Amasius

Augur
entertainer said:
I hope it won't get dumbed down like other paradox new titles. Though that's inevitable since probably they will use their fancy eu3 engine.
Not inevitable but unfortunately very likely. :|

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope it will just become more accessible without being dumbed down too much. Just a little improvement of the interface and controls would be what that game needs.
That and it needs to be easy to mod.

Seldon

Educated
entertainer said:

That 'fancy' eu3 engine hardly makes it inevitable. Eu 3 has always been a far more advanced and feature rich game than the rather simplistic Eu 2, and if we bring in In Nomine in the equation, then you are horribly wrong.

The only recent game that can be considered 'dumped down' is Rome, but it is maturing. Patch 1.3 brought in several new features like new events, new trade resources and 3 new playable nations. It still has a long way to go, but it is improving.

I do not think Hoi 3 will be dumbed down. We already know it has about 10 000 land provinces, but I frankly do not care. Hearts of Iron is and have always EU:s, Vickys and CK:s retarded little brother. Boring, uninteresting and unrefined. Its fans are the most immature group on the Paradox forum. The only good thing about Hoi 3 is that it will generate profit that can be used in more interesting games.

entertainer

Arbiter
Seldon said:
Boring, uninteresting and unrefined. Its fans are the most immature group on the Paradox forum. The only good thing about Hoi 3 is that it will generate profit that can be used in more interesting games.

what

Fez

Erudite
Good stuff. I've just been replaying HOI2 recently too.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Serious_Business said:
Where is Victoria 2.

There weren't enough Capitalist pops to fund it so Paradox rigged the elections to get a command economy but then the tide of immigrants slowed down so Paradox invaded Norway to get more pops but had its economy crippled by war dissent.

long story short, people want to kill stuff.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Jaime Lannister said:
Serious_Business said:
Where is Victoria 2.

There weren't enough Capitalist pops to fund it so Paradox rigged the elections to get a command economy but then the tide of immigrants slowed down so Paradox invaded Norway to get more pops but had its economy crippled by war dissent.

long story short, people want to kill stuff.

War dissent? With all those social reforms I'm not sure why would anyone be pricky about this. They should lower their safety regulations. No one cares if a few workers get stuck into loose machinery. Unemployement subsides? Give me a break. In the next elections they better change everyone to conservative. They should start making luxury furniture, too, lots of demand on the world market. Also, form Scandinavia. And why is Poland on the map?

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Seldon said:
. Boring, uninteresting and unrefined. Its fans are the most immature group on the Paradox forum. The only good thing about Hoi 3 is that it will generate profit that can be used in more interesting games.

Would really like to know what you post under at Paradox...

Was making the same point to LCJr over at Tacticular Cancer and he said it was an elitist view. Maybe it's one only those who do actually follow Paradox games can appreciate?

mlc82

Scholar
Of course they're using that god awfully ugly EU3 3D map, which served no gameplay purpose at all other than destroying the atmosphere provided by the antiquated 2D map, but did ensure that the game wouldn't run on my laptop. If you're going to blatantly graphics whore, at least use pretty graphics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom