Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hell is freezing over: Ubisoft's Might & Magic X is actually a blobber

aris

Arcane
If 25 hours means a no-bullshit focused story and gameplay without unmotivated fetch quests and meaningless grinding, I'm highly for that rather than the a 80+ hour game where 60% consists of fillers, boring fetch quests and grinding, that plagued so many games of the old times where 60+ or 80+ hours gameplay was mandatory.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DWB's Wizards and Warriors has to be my favorite Might and Magic game. Can't wait for that fucker to do a KS.

Alex

Arcane
If 25 hours means a no-bullshit focused story and gameplay without unmotivated fetch quests and meaningless grinding, I'm highly for that rather than the a 80+ hour game where 60% consists of fillers, boring fetch quests and grinding, that plagued so many games of the old times where 60+ or 80+ hours gameplay was mandatory.

But that is completely the opposite of what M&M is about...

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Never caught MM virus, the developer is some german shovelware producer not 3DO and it is published by UBI-soft trying to steal some sweet Kickstarter market which is the only reason this thread reached 22 pages. (Cause game looks unsurprisingly like shit for tablets) Skyway is right Jasun Codex is itching for mainstream cock lately. Only redeeming quality of this whole thread is the nostalgia I got from meeting the developer of Settlers II and Albion. :salute: Would play Incubation 2 too This was sweet tactic/logic game.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Never caught MM virus, the developer is some german shovelware producer not 3DO and it is published by UBI-soft

Uh-oh...

trying to steal some sweet Kickstarter market

And you know what, quite honestly? I, for one, am glad and actually give them much more cred given how this is not a kickstarter. All those kickstarters of everything popping up by everyone, promising the pie in the sky if people pay for development are beginning to seriously friggin tire and annoy me. If this game was a kickstarter project, I would have just hahaohwow'd at it and moved along, but since this is done 'traditionally', I'll follow the development closely because it shows that they are actually taking the ever so slightest risk to do it. If it's shit, it's shit, no big deal. If it's good, it's good, that's cool. But at least it won't be a cashgrab AS big and shameless as some of the kickstarter nonsense that's been happening in recent time.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
battered-woman-520x345.jpg

aris

Arcane
You people really believe in advertised gameplay time? :lol:
Developers lied a lot more about that during the late 90s and early 2000 than now.
And you know what, quite honestly? I, for one, am glad and actually give them much more cred given how this is not a kickstarter. All those kickstarters of everything popping up by everyone, promising the pie in the sky if people pay for development are beginning to seriously friggin tire and annoy me. If this game was a kickstarter project, I would have just hahaohwow'd at it and moved along, but since this is done 'traditionally', I'll follow the development closely because it shows that they are actually taking the ever so slightest risk to do it. If it's shit, it's shit, no big deal. If it's good, it's good, that's cool. But at least it won't be a cashgrab AS big and shameless as some of the kickstarter nonsense that's been happening in recent time.
:bro:

LivingOne

Savant
Usually when a dev/publisher talks about game lenght they tend to add a small bunch of hours than what it takes to finish it.Slightly less than 25 hours is a bit disappointing but still cautiosly hoping...

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
While we're waiting for any relevant information to surface, might as well sift through HoMM6 artwork and see what creatures we're up against...

Inf61_zps3886e970.jpg

2012_12_18_Dungeon_Shadow_Lurker_MMH6_Tridiontcm_zps53100b13.jpg

:mhd:

More here

Gozma

Arcane
Made me think of the lava hydra things in Darkside of Xeen that look like a polyp

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I love how every much discussed threads on the codex always end up side-tracking on meaningless pedantic discussions about semantics of terms related to games that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

Spergs, the site is filled to the fucking brim with the cunts.

Let's analyze your assertion shall we?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom