Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hellgate London Officially Announced

Sol Invictus

Erudite
What makes MDK2 not a real Bio game?

almondblight

Arcane
Exitium said:
Curiously... why can't Hellgate London be a good game? We can all agree that Diablo 2 was a good game, but what did it offer that its predecessor Diablo, or Nox, or a bunch of roguelikes with skill trees in them didn't already have? Funny how Hellgate London seems to be held to a higher standard than all the other relatively budgetesque games we cover, yet everyone here talks about them like they're the 'best games EVAR' - e.g. Kult, Restricted Area, Space Wolves, etc.

There just isn't a hell of a lot to go on besides some cool concept art and some mediocre screenshots. And one preview written by a moron. Diablo II had great gameplay, I'm not sure I would have given a damn if I listened to the hype. Until I have some idea of what this game will actually play like, a smattering of gameplay elements I've seen before and and screenshots I could have mistaken for another game isn't going to get me hyped. Wait and see is the feeling I get.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well, I've a lot of faith in the Schaeffer Brothers and Bill Roper. They've never ever dissapointed me with any of their Blizzard titles. I think this one's a safe bet. I'll be certain to 'eat my words' if it ever turns out to be crap, but I'm at least 98% certain that it'll be a good game, and it's definitely something I'm interested in playing, even if others aren't. I like roguelikes.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
John Galt is a character from "Atlas Shruged" by Ayn Rand. I started to read the book but about 1/3 the way through the premise just got so unbelievable and the writing wasn't all that great either... I stopped reading it. I'm under the suspicion that no one has actually read Atlas Shruged, they just read some Objectivists summary and assume its some Magnum Opus, while its really just bad literature. That goes ditto for the objectivists who wrote the summary.

/screed

LlamaGod

Cipher
MDK2 was alright, it was pretty fun overall but alot of the puzzles could be pretty retarded.

Some were easy (like putting shit together) but some were just damn annoying as hell and ruined parts of the game, the action parts were good fun though.

omg saying something nice about a bioware game

Sol Invictus

Erudite
We all know that the only reason Volourn says bad things about MDK2( a good game) is because he likes to argue over stupid shit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"What makes MDK2 not a real Bio game?"

Geez... I thought we covered this. It's not because I haven't played it as a defacto BIo fanboy accoridng to you dinks I would have to play every BIO game hence if I haven't played it there are two options to be had:

a) I'm not a true BIO fanboy.

OR

b) MDK2 is not a true BIO game.

Make your pick. Choose wisely, Obiwannzer.

"We all know that the only reason Volourn says bad things about MDK2( a good game) is because he likes to argue over stupid shit."

Wrong. As I said on page 2, if I haven't even bothered to play a game; it must suck. It's the law.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Hory said:
Exitium said:
Excited? Fuck yeah. Hellgate London: The ultimate roguelike.
Influence decreased: -10

True. It doesnt got anything on IVAN or even ADOM for that matter.

CAN YOU BE A FARMER IN HELLGATE? I THINK NOT.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"It is a rael BIO gam e; it's is develloped by Bio, af terall. Silly goose. R00fles!"

As a registered, and highly trained BIO fanboy I must play and enjoy all BIO games. Since I have niether played or enjoyed MDK2 it's not a REAL BIO game.

Game over.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
As a registered, and highly trained BIO fanboy I must play and enjoy all BIO games. Since I have niether played or enjoyed MDK2 it's not a REAL BIO game.

Your path lacks focus, young grasshoper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom