Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Help me patch my newly purchased Arcanum.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Guys, I just bought Arcanum from GoG but I can't get the unofficial Drog patch to work. Worked fine for me last play-through but that was about 5 years ago and on a different machine. Running W7 64bit.

The Unofficial Patch gives me this error:

2lc5rbb.png

Anybody?

EDIT: Re-downloaded from TA and got a different looking icon. Tried again but got a different error. :(

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, fuck. The Hi-Res didn't work either. Trying an uninstall/re-install of everything.

EDIT: Fucking hell. No errors this time, yet no fucking dice. Goddammit. Fucking fuck fuckgiagnjkdajk;gbaDGHK'BLDGADK'GL

Probably retarded suggestions, but did you try running the patcher on compatibility mode, or installing the game somewhere else, or running the patcher in the same folder as the game's executable

I uploaded a mirror here, btw. Easier to access.

A user named cat

I have that asshole error with like half the DOS games I download that need to be installed or configured through an exe. Compabitlity modes seem to never work for installers.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I went through the same crap and no matter what could not make it work.
I went to a place (on suggestion) that I am not sure I can mention here and got a superior pre-patched all in one version that had everything installed together in a neat package.
Aaaaargh matey.
PM me if you need to know what I am talking about and where to find it I guess- Not that I support Piracy (-well, actiually...) but the version out there is far better than the version I bought legitimately.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Probably retarded suggestions, but did you try running the patcher on compatibility mode, or installing the game somewhere else, or running the patcher in the same folder as the game's executable

Yeah, tried that. Just to be clear: Each patch installs as if everything is ok, but when I try to click the Arcanum .exe icon in the Sierra folder it tells me I'm missing a file. And when I click the shortcut on the desktop which the GoG install placed automatically, the game loads fine but no hi-res (and I'll guess no other patch either).

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Do you have the game installed in Program Files? You should install all your games in another folder, like C:\Games\etc., as some older titles have compatibility problems when put inside Program Files.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Try installing the game to a disk different from C:\. My copy of Win 7 wouldn't let me access my C:\Games\Arcanum folder normally so I had to move it to D:\.

And even now, I always run it as administrator. Fucking Windows, always getting in the way of having fun.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Did you guys disable UAC? I did and install all my games to program files (and program files x86) and never run into problems of the kind, even pre-2000 games like Fallout.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
It automatically installed into C:\Sierra so I'm doubting that's it. Unless I really have to put it on a fucking external??

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just applied Drog's patch to my GOG copy of Arcanum, located in D:\GOG games\Arcanum, and it runs just fine. So, uh, try installing the game to disk other than C:\, I guess?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Ha. Yeah.

Um. I solved this. That Sierra folder was from...awhile ago I guess? What's strange is this is a newer PC and I don't remember installing my old Arcanum discs on it. But obviously that's what happened. Anyway, got it all worked out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom