Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hey, can we have some better banners?

Jason

chasing a bee
It's covering up my awesome posts!!! Destroy it now!!!

Chefe

Erudite
EvoG said:
Now Chefe is apparently having the same problem, so it cant be exclusive to me?
Apparently, it went away for me a couple of days ago. But, for a little while there it was attacking me with all the intense fervor of a hungry and vicious jungle cat.

EvoG

Erudite
Alrighty. They're back.

At this point I'm ONLY mentioning this to you (Taluntain) for purposes of making sure you can trust your communications with your ad provider, as, if they say they're gonna do something, they should commit to it.

In this case, the Amex banner was gone all month, but now is back in full force. I don't care anymore personally, so if you want to not deal with it thats perfectly fine, but this also means either the provider isnt' respecting your wishes or, something else is in place that will forever disallow ad display specifications.

Maybe you(we) are just stuck with what they give you(us), as distasteful as it may be.

:)

Cheers

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Ffs... and no, I obviously can't trust them with anything. Considering they're paying next to nothing at this point, I'm ditching them at the end of the month. I haven't managed to find an alternative that would also allow ads on message boards, but oh well.

So no, no one will be stuck with this crap forever. I've put EVE banners up for now.

There's a special 2-week free trial attached to the ad, so it's worth checking out.

Jason

chasing a bee
Do you get paid if we sign up for the free trial (Eve) or is it only if we pay for subscriptions?

And EvoG, ditch IE already. Firefox is better in every way. I've never had any of those dancing banner things or multiple pop-ups or exploding monkeys.

EvoG

Erudite
I did FireFox about a year or so ago, and while I loved the window tabs, it kept getting slower and slower...not per session...per install.

Perhaps its better now.

Slaine

Scholar
screw firefox man..it's based on IE core..just use opera... those ads won't even load and you can block unwanted pop ups as well

Crazy_Vasey

Novice
Slaine said:
screw firefox man..it's based on IE core..just use opera... those ads won't even load and you can block unwanted pop ups as well

. . .

Shit. How can you not even noticed how different things look in Firefox to IE? The font rendering alone gives it away.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
As I suspected, it pays for subscriptions only. But don't let that stop you from taking advantage of the trial...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom