Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline History of D&D games video by Obviousplant

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
what's with this netflix generation that can't handle any information exceeding a 15 minute timeframe anymore?

Mustawd

The thing is 2 hours+, which is more than many movies. Cmon man that's long. Besides, there are people who would watch it, but still think it'd be better broken up.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Apart from the rushed final part, the flow was pretty good and I enjoyed the fact that my watching experience wasn't interrupted every few minutes with a request to subscribe to the channel, followed by an amateurish intro and a recap of what I've seen just seconds before.
But oh well, as soon as he figures out how the youtube partnership program generates the most revenue, he'll surely transitions to those videolets, too.

Cadmus

Arcane
Fuck making shorter videos. One of my favourite videos is Mathewmatosis 6 hour Dark Souls commentary. It's not like you're making a top 10 list of Apple apps for teens, these are kinda serious videos and I appreciate being able to watch them in one piece.

On the other hand, I started watching the Looking Glass retrospective yesterday and fell asleep so there's that. I'll finish it today.

Declinator

Arbiter
Rather than shorten it I would have made it readable instead of watchable.

It does not really lend itself to the video format all that well. In fact I dare say it has little to no benefit at all. I would have been able to read all the information in a fraction of the time it takes to watch the video.

karfhud

Augur
Rather than shorten it I would have made it readable instead of watchable.

It does not really lend itself to the video format all that well. In fact I dare say it has little to no benefit at all. I would have been able to read all the information in a fraction of the time it takes to watch the video.

On the other hand, showing how combat works, for instance, doesn't lend itself to the text format.

It's really cool that he collected/recorded all those gameplay fragments.

Lhynn

Arcane
what's with this netflix generation that can't handle any information exceeding a 15 minute timeframe anymore?
Lack of free time bro. Hard to sit your ass down for 2 uninterrupted hours in a row.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom