Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

maydaymemer

Educated
im a member of those leak posting discords and i wish the leakers werent so cleak and dagger about the new roguelike mode. they wont actually leak anything substantial for god sake

DemonKing

Arcane
New level was ok. Some decent humour and some creative kills to be had. Not the best HM3 level but certainly not the worst.

maydaymemer

Educated
New level was ok. Some decent humour and some creative kills to be had. Not the best HM3 level but certainly not the worst.
I really liked it. Probably one of the better Hitman 3 maps along with Mendoza and Berlin, I really liked rediscovering Dubai by doing the alternate routes so I'd either put that above Ambrose as my third fave or below as my fourth. So the new map is probably an 11/15 overall. The cobbled together nature of it is very charming and the new molotov is a good unlock, but as selfish as it is I kinda want a map or two more because IO are so good even with this smaller places at making it interconnected and replayable that I would pay for maps with new assets to keep the formula going easy. Even if the WoA gameplay is getting on a bit, Hitman needs a refresh, it's also so good I'd like it to continue a bit more. Freelancer could be great and I always champion reusing the old maps but I don't think it'll be as good for keeping me engaged as a new map unless it's something really different and cool

maydaymemer

Educated
HITMAN3_Y2_October_Roadmap_Hello_Hitmanforum-1536x864.jpg

October roadmap, the Agent 17 suit is my new favorite. October patchnotes werent bad either:
-resolved issues on Dubai and Mendoza where certain photography challenges didn’t unlock if the player took a photo of the intended subject before capturing the exact requirement of the challenge.
-resolved an issue where Agent 47 could be spotted when hiding behind a wall in the Chongqing facility.
-added a new exit to the Mendoza location, both for the campaign mission and Contracts Mode. The new exit is located near the default starting location and utilises the car Agent 47 arrives in.
-resolved several issues that could cause NPCs and (especially!) targets in Haven Island to see through several walls and floors.

However it isn't all sunshine:
-changed how kills with the Molotov cocktail from Ambrose Island are classified and they’re no longer considered an Accident Kill.

The Hitman fanbase are such autistic fun police. that was an item that took skill to use but because Hitman Forum complained it's now no longer useful. Hitman Forum and its team of unpaid jannies who ban people under false pretenses should rope themselves. they go the phone removed which at least WAS overpowered, it took timing a throw to get an accident kill with the molotov and you were still at risk of being caught. Actual fucking Karens

pickmeister

Learned
Peacock is now officially an open source project!

We've moved to open source, under the AGPL-3.0 license. This means that if you know JavaScript, TypeScript, or C#, you can contribute!

If you have a GitHub account, please give us a ⭐ so that more people can help find the project! https://github.com/thepeacockproject/Peacock

Thank you for your support!!
Didn’t they ask for money to use it at some point?

maydaymemer

Educated

Freelancer ten minute gameplay trailer out. As well as the closed technical test

CLOSED TECHNICAL TEST

The Closed Technical Test will begin at 1pm UTC on Thursday 3rd November and run until 4pm UTC on Monday 7th November. The CTT is only available on Steam and will be available as a separate ‘game’, meaning it cannot be accessed from the standard HITMAN 3 game. You will need a download code sent from IOI to access it and play.

Many of you will have already received an invitation email directly from IOI and you can expect further details sent to you before the start of the CTT. For everyone else, we have opened up a signup page where you can register your interest to take part. We can’t promise that everyone who signs up will get access, but we are hoping to scale up to demand and really stress test our servers as much as we can.
Looks good so far

Ivan

Arcane
this is shaping up to be majestic incline. I've dropped Hitman in the past b/c I couldn't shake loose the feeling that I was reading a script. I LOVED it most when I was playing the escalations, when there were more unknowns, where items were use-based and you couldn't just lockpick every door, break open ever door. This is much more my alley, closer to the improvisational feel I favor vs the more scripted/theatrical feel of the campaigns with tier telltale "story" paths.

maydaymemer

Educated
this is shaping up to be majestic incline. I've dropped Hitman in the past b/c I couldn't shake loose the feeling that I was reading a script. I LOVED it most when I was playing the escalations, when there were more unknowns, where items were use-based and you couldn't just lockpick every door, break open ever door. This is much more my alley, closer to the improvisational feel I favor vs the more scripted/theatrical feel of the campaigns with tier telltale "story" paths.
Your opinion on escalations is very unpopular among the fanbase, but I actually agree with it. Not that I prefer escalations, I love the bread and butter Hitman missions of going in and killing two or however many targets that go in loops, but as someone with almost 2000 hours in this trilogy I've essentially capped off the amount of ways I really want to try finding for almost every map. Love Miami, love Berlin, love Paris, but I think I've squeezed the blood from the stones of Silvio Caruso, Dawood Rangan and Alexa Carlisle at least for now until I come up with some weird lure to use. I really hope to get some randomly generated targets in this mode so there's infinite ways to play these maps in, because the map designs themselves that never get old as long as there's new NPC interactions you can have. Which give escalations credit is what they do since they're essentially spin-offs of the contracts mode. Elusives do it too because you don't replay them as much

It's kind of a genius idea this is because it's taking the old style of Hitman - finding equipment, having a safehouse, purchasing items, playing levels back to back - and combining it with the strengths of the new style - large sandbox worlds, massive hordes of weaponry, more complex NPC pathing - to create a style that could hopefully appeal to both sides. A lot of people are more into Blood Money than the new trilogy because admittedly it plays better more as a coherent experience you can pick up and play compared to the more make your own fun style of the trilogy. You can play thru the entire campaign of Blood Money in a day and be satisfied, the new games only excel if you know what levels you want to pick otherwise you will erm and err on menus and playing it all like it's one game by starting at Paris and ending at the train is fun but it doesn't feel like a single satisfying campaign it feels like three campaigns at best. Even then, 2016 doesn't flow as well as the latter two due to its episodic nature and then there's DLC to bridge the story that also spikes up and down the pacing and difficulty

Ivan

Arcane
Yeah, as long as they keep this spirit in some game mode in future entries, I'm stoked. I'm cool with them putting this out, letting players chew on it while they do 007, and return to Hitman later.

pickmeister

Learned
One thing I never understood in Hitman games is why am I getting so many weapons for doing well in missions (meaning going stealthy) I can’t really use if I want to keep doing well.

I loved filling my little shed with weapons but beside occasional fucking around and reloading the mission - why?

It feels contradictory.

dsndo

Educated
One thing I never understood in Hitman games is why am I getting so many weapons for doing well in missions (meaning going stealthy) I can’t really use if I want to keep doing well.
Because they commited to a roguelike format of unlocking increasingly powerful guns without ever considering if it made sense in the context of the game. It doesn't. HITMAN is a bad shooter and always actively discouraged you from going in guns blazing.

maydaymemer

Educated

I loved filling my little shed with weapons but beside occasional fucking around and reloading the mission - why?

It feels contradictory.
The way they're doing this roguelike mode is that going stealthy is no longer a requirement to get unlocks - in fact sort of the opposite. There's no longer a out-of-five rating system in this new mode and the optional objectives include stuff like "kill three guards with a sniper rifle" so I think we're going to be encouraged to do missions our own way now instead of the silent assassin way being the only way to get lots of unlocks

pickmeister

Learned

It feels contradictory.
The way they're doing this roguelike mode is that going stealthy is no longer a requirement to get unlocks - in fact sort of the opposite. There's no longer a out-of-five rating system in this new mode and the optional objectives include stuff like "kill three guards with a sniper rifle" so I think we're going to be encouraged to do missions our own way now instead of the silent assassin way being the only way to get lots of unlocks
Sounds sweet.
My worry is that in the early games, Mr. 47 couldn't take many shots so going in guns blazing wasn't very viable.

But I guess that shouldn't be a problem in nu-Hitman considering that I managed to clear whole levels with a screwdriver with no issues. Plus there's a cover system making things easier.

Freelancer was a huge step in the right direction. Hope they have more (& longer) beta tests in the months leading up to it.

maydaymemer

Educated
I'm overall pretty positive on it but my expectations are tempered so I dont overhype it as it's got some things I dont like about it. The positives is the safehouse looks great, I really enjoy the new showdown missions and the mechanics of both gathering weapons and payment as opposed to the more gamey aspects of the main game is really great like it a lot. However I feel like the mode starting you off with just killing NPCs from the main map is not the ideal way to do this mode. I feel like having new targets on the map pre-made or random or procedurally generated targets would be best. Or whatever the Showdown is doing but in a more limited capacity. I dont think the way theyre doing it is bad or should be done away with but I feel like if you isolate the NPCs on the previous maps who would make good targets on their own there'd be about a dozen per map which for a mode intent on infinite replayability in order for it to be consistently fun it'd be pretty repetitive. The Showdowns are the right way to go

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Quick question, I have both Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 with all the DLCs.

If I were to purchase Hitman 3 and boot it up, would it automatically unlock the content from the previous games in Hitman 3 without need to purchase any additional DLCs?

Quick question, I have both Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 with all the DLCs.

If I were to purchase Hitman 3 and boot it up, would it automatically unlock the content from the previous games in Hitman 3 without need to purchase any additional DLCs?
Don't know if it's automatic when they're all on steam/the same platform, but otherwise you'll likely have to do a transfer through the IO website. I had Hitman 2 (with hitman 1 included) on steam but Hitman 3 on epic and had to a one time transfer through the IO website to access the Hitman 1+2 content (and unlocks) in my Hitman 3 install on epic.

kangaxx

Arbiter

It feels contradictory.
Sounds sweet.
My worry is that in the early games, Mr. 47 couldn't take many shots so going in guns blazing wasn't very viable.

But I guess that shouldn't be a problem in nu-Hitman considering that I managed to clear whole levels with a screwdriver with no issues. Plus there's a cover system making things easier.
As long as you can hit headshots it's quite easy to gun everyone down in the level. And that's before you start properly abusing the AI.

Caim

Arcane
So I've decided to give this a spin, I've been messing around in the tutorial levels, the fashion show and the beach (which I know is out of order, but I really liked the premise).

And this... this is something else. I've got quite a lot of Metal Gear Solid under my belt and I've played the first few Assassin's Creed games, but this goes way beyond that. So many moving parts to figure out, what makes them tick and how to manipulate them. Find everything within the levels, figuring out the schedules of NPCs, figure out with what I can poison people and go from there. I do like that if you kill a target in a particular fashion, reload and try something else you will get the reward for that ending if you complete the level. In the Paris level I put the woman's poison into her own drink, reloaded, spiked it with rat poison instead, followed her to the bathroom and there I shot, dunked and garroted her before pressing on.

The waiting game can be a bit annoying at times: in the beach level waiting for the target to get into a proper position is a bitch and a half, and I've still got to do the kills where you kill the target and just her with a proximity bomb, in the bathroom and in the safe house. First one I'm just going to spike her drink with rat poison and boobytrap the toilet, but apparently she can switch whether she wants sugar or honey in her tea. I've still got a few nuances to sus out like exactly how far I can go with stealth and the finer details of the Paris level like how the auction works and how to kill the Russian on the catwalk, but I'll make it work.

And with all the environmental kills I realized that this wasn't just a stealth game: it's a Final Destination game where you are the one delivering death.

Caim

Arcane
Did the kill in the Paris mission where you drop the rig on the Russian dude.

I am looking forward to never doing bullshit like that ever again. There's a window of opportunity and then there's waiting 20 fucking minutes for the dude to hit the stage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom