Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

maydaymemer

Educated
The new featured contracts were actually pretty good. Late but the June roadmap ends at July 11th:
HITMAN3_Y2_June_Roadmap-1536x864.jpg

I guess this means the new map Ambrose might come out on the twelfth. I'm pretty excited. Freelance mode I'm cautious about because without any sophisticated scripting it could be rubbish, it could be great like Berlin but it could be rubbish like the escalations. A new map? I'm extremely optimistic this'll be great especially if leaks about a gambling den seem to suggest this is some kind of pirate town which I love the aesthetic of

i tried to have a look at what's needed to have 1 and 2 with 3's engine. i came to the conclusion that i'll pirate it.

maydaymemer

Educated
i tried to have a look at what's needed to have 1 and 2 with 3's engine. i came to the conclusion that i'll pirate it.
For anyone looking for a real answer:
Buy this - https://store.steampowered.com/sub/672746/
Then this - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1829590/HITMAN_3_Access_Pass_HITMAN_2_Expansion/
The first bundle gets you the first six levels of each game. The other thing I linked gets you the other two levels that were made for the second game, as that game had a total of eight levels because DLC was made. I have no idea why they don't just have one bundle for everything instead of splitting it into two bundles but I hope when the new map comes out they package everything together permanently

it's not that easy, you also have to start and install the games in a specific order or else 1 and 2 won't be recognized. but it can also happen "just because". and every step is tied to the online account. screw them, skidrow and reloaded to the rescue.

maydaymemer

Educated
it's not that easy, you also have to start and install the games in a specific order or else 1 and 2 won't be recognized. but it can also happen "just because". and every step is tied to the online account. screw them, skidrow and reloaded to the rescue.
These arent the games themselves. This is the DLC bundles for Hitman 3, so there's no need to recognize the games themselves it just gives you the levels. If you buy them this way there's no recognization process, it's automatic. In fact Hitman 3 installs the full trilogy when you download it, the DLC are just keys that unlock the corresponding levels you paid for. The DLC scheme is confusing and stupid but it seems you just weren't smart if you thought you were buying individual games

Ivan

Arcane
Finally bit. I don't think I'll get a much better deal than £30 for the deluxe version... hopefully the game is decent!
It's a good time. What's cool is you can tweak the difficulty to your liking. I especially loved how the harder escalations make your equipment limited-use

kangaxx

Arbiter
So I finished the first mission and did about half of the second one. Apparently my games didn't "merge" properly and now I have to fucking restart from the beginning because my save doesn't load.

Not the best.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Enjoying it so far, it's just more of the same which is no bad thing. The Dartmoor map was great fun, and I liked the weird, foreboding atmosphere at the start of the next level. Looking forward to exploring the club later.

maydaymemer

Educated
All five of the new maps are pretty fun. The flaw with the third game is some maps being way too bound by set scripting and some budgetary restrictions but the actual maps themselves are well designed to make traversal have a nice flow and sometimes the gimmick just clicks with you and you'll have at least one favorite because the game is more experimental

maydaymemer

Educated
SPOILERS BEGIN The mission's objectives are leaked on Hitman Forum. To save you the misery of readin Hitman Forum I'll give you the leaks.New mission is called Shadows in the Water:
The briefing is this:
Welcome to the Andaman Sea, 47.

We’ve arrived just in time. It seems Crest didn’t disclose the true object of the heist to his partners, so Akka has seized one of the satellite control unit’s keycards as collateral until they can renegotiate.

The militia have set up camp near the remains of a colonial outpost; both Crest and the control unit should be nearby. You’ll need to destroy the unit itself or render it inoperable by retrieving both keycards. Knowing Crest, he’ll have given his to someone he trusts, but Akka’s less inclined to delegate. She should be in the pirate base when she’s not out among the locals.

I’ve provided you with a GPS tracker. Activate it when you’re done and I’ll initiate extraction. The sooner we finish up here, the better.
Objectives are this
  • Eliminate Noel Crest
  • Eliminate Sinhi “Akka” Venthan
  • Deny access to the surveillance satellite
    • Destroy Satellite Control Unit
    • or: Obtain Uplink Access Keys (X/2)
Target #1
Noel Crest was merely a second-string member of the militia until opportunity presented itself. Specializing in the discreet retrieval and/or destruction of valuable items, documents, and data, he made a name for himself among those in the know by cleaning up after others or, in certain cases, retrieving things before they could be cleaned up. He is meticulous and proud of it, spending a great deal of time perfecting his plans and making sure every component necessary is optimized and accounted for. He is also notoriously guarded with information.
This discretion and attention to detail meant he dealt with top-tier clientele. But despite his access and his talents as a fixer he had been kept at arm’s length by the militia’s leader, Lucas Grey. Unfortunately Grey’s chosen lieutenants were decimated by 47, leaving little in the way of opposition when Crest decided to usurp leadership of the militia.

He had not always been so ambitious nor so capable. Crest lacked security as a child growing up in the midwest. He was poorly anchored and inconsistently cared for by his immediate family. They were far from well-off, and as a result of his unmet material needs and his unmet social needs he was extremely vulnerable to being swept up in his local organized crime scene. At the time Crest was still young and quite small, not to mention more than eager to take risks that might impress his bosses. He was frequently assigned to break into houses in search of blackmail material, infiltrating through doggy doors or narrow window gaps and sifting through documents and even the contents of the occasional safe (once he mastered the art of cracking them.) This experience and the praise that followed fostered his budding confidence and stoked his desire to master the most subtle of the criminal arts. By the time he was too big to squeeze through a dog flap, he no longer needed to.
He began to discreetly offer his services to the wealthy and privileged at the first whiff of scandal, steadily filling a little black book with a who’s who of dodgy executives and morally dubious members of the elite. Crest learned to reach a little further every time, and the jobs he undertook became bigger and more ostentatious; wiping particularly sensitive records from a law firm’s database at the behest of a rival legal team, retrieving evidence from police cold storage lock-ups to conceal a client’s ill-doings, even sanitizing the crime scenes themselves to remove every trace of what had happened there. Every job was harder than the one that came before, the rewards greater. His skills grew in tandem with his bank balance, yet he still held on to his unquenchable need to be recognized by those above him.

Crest was recruited for his skillset as well as what Grey believed was an eagerness to be lead, but in the absence of a leader, Crest clearly grew tired of being a follower. He aspires to turn the militia’s remaining resources towards large-scale heists, restoring and even expanding their influence in the process. To that end Crest believes an influential group of pirates endemic to the Strait of Malacca (a waterway through which 40% of the world’s shipping traffic passes) would be invaluable allies. The loss of the Delgado cartel damaged the mobility of the militia severely and Akka’s ad hoc syndicate could restore it, with the additional benefit of providing a smoke screen for their activities in the area. Really, they’re everything Crest could have asked for.

Target #2

Before she was Akka, Sinhi Venthan was raised by her grandmother in a small coastal village south of Chennai. When she was six, the aging woman – the only mother she had known – died, and neither of her parents reappeared to claim her. Neighbours offered the young girl token assistance, but the truth was that none of them could afford to support her more substantially without taking food from the mouths of their own children. Like many children in her situation Akka learned how to survive on the streets by doing odd jobs and petty crimes. Criminal opportunities proved much more fruitful and easier to find than proper work, and as she grew older and the charity of the adults around her dried up completely Akka waded deeper and deeper into the criminal underworld.

Hearing about the thriving (and profitable) piracy scene in the Strait of Malacca, Akka found her way across the Indian Ocean and set foot on Ambrose Island in the early 2000s when she was still a teenager. At the time it was a hub for several small pirate crews, each with their own leaders and their own territories constantly under dispute. Ambrose was for the most part neutral ground due to the presence of the beloved local matriarch, Farah, who operated a bar on the island and helped to keep the peace for the sake of the locals. Farah took Akka under her wing after she arrived, and for a time Akka was grateful. Farah’s affection was unconditional, unaltered by whatever crimes anyone undertook – so long as they didn’t hurt anyone else who called the island home. She treated the young woman without judgment, and even encouraged the ambition and guile that Akka demonstrated in assembling her own pirate crew.

It took time for Akka to demonstrate her worth to the rest of the population. She was a capable raider, but she was even better at assessing targets and developing strategies of approach. She was relatively indifferent to life and unafraid to take it when needed, coldly gauging risk on practical costs rather than human ones. She managed to enrich her crew in periods when others were growing lean, intensifying territory disputes as a result, but Akka and her men seemed to thrive no matter what stretch of water they hunted in. Pirates from rival groups began defecting to work beneath her instead. When another leader was killed in a botched raid, his crew folded itself in eagerly under Akka’s rule. Before the remaining petty rulers of Ambrose knew it, she had amassed enough manpower to overthrow them – and she did just that. Their crews were subsumed into her own, and they themselves were swiftly killed and disposed of in the sea. This is how Akka became the pirate queen of Ambrose Island.

This satisfied her for a time until recently. Evidently her base began to feel less like a throne and more like a cell. Chafing against the limitations of their isolation, Akka began reaching out to other groups operating in the Strait and more widely abroad. Gradually, she’s pieced together a tenuous (and by necessity low-tech) syndicate of outlaws extending as far as the Pacific Ocean. In cells and pockets, their expertise, resources, techniques and information are shared with Akka at their epicenter.
Meanwhile her formerly close relationship with Farah has waned. There can only be one point around which the people of Ambrose Island orbit, and Akka would prefer it to be her.

Challenges list (I deleted all the duplicate challenges - SA, SO, SASO, eliminate X target, discover the location, etc. - there's about 50 challenges same as a lot of maps in the game already like I believe Paris, New York, Dubai, etc.):
A kill to treasure
  • [REDACTED]
Another for good measure
  • [REDACTED]
Destructive Neutralization
  • Destroy the Satellite Control Unit
Elegant Neutralization
  • Neutralize the Satellite Control Unit
Access Denied
  • Obtain both Satellite Control Unit access cards
Irrefutable
  • Give Farah the evidence she seeks
Jump Start
  • [REDACTED]
Two Birds
  • Eliminate both targets simultaneously with a cannon
Ingenuity
  • Eliminate Crest with a spark of ingenuity
A Bridge Too Far
  • [REDACTED]
Hippy Ki-Yay
  • Eliminate Akka while dressed as the hippy
Made to Order
  • Eliminate Crest with lethal poison while he is eating
… I Thought About It
  • [REDACTED]
Picturesque
  • Take a picture of Lance Hsu
The Beacon is Lit
  • Turn on the light on the Radar Tower
A Pirates Life For Me
  • [REDACTED]

Shortcut: Colonial Ruins
  • Unlock the ladder shortcut in the colonial ruins.
Shortcut: Pirate Outhouse
  • Unlock the ladder shortcut in the pirate outhouse
Tactical Exfiltration
  • Exfiltrate in the militia’s tactical speedboat
Under The Bridge
  • Exfiltrate in the cove boat
Sail Away
  • Exfiltrate in the workshop boat
Waiting in the Wings
  • Exfiltrate in Grey’s helicopter
LockSmith
  • [REDACTED]
Nature’s Bounty
  • Help out Gregory M. Yeager
The Smuggler
  • Become Torres Piombo
Le Pew!
  • Obtain a Durian
Firestarter
  • Obtain a molotov cocktail
Fisherman’s Friend
  • Obtain the meat hook
47 Leagues Under The Sea
  • Exfiltrate in the submarine dressed as the Hippie
Get It Yourself
  • [REDACTED]
I’ll Always Know …
  • Eliminate a target with the meat hook
Penned Pal
  • [REDACTED]
A Bone To Pick
  • [REDACTED]
Talk to the Hand
  • [REDACTED]
Starting locations:
Western Beach
  • 47 has come ashore on the western beach of Ambrose Island.
Shrine
  • 47 has landed safely on Ambrose Island and is sitting by the bonfire near the shrine.
Central Social Hub
  • 47 is relaxing with a beer at Farah’s after safely arriving on Ambrose Island.
Stilt Village
  • 47 has arrived on Ambrose Island and is passing the time, as many of the locals do, with a spot of fishing.
Militia Camp
  • 47 has cleverly infiltrated the militia camp by disguising himself as a food worker.
Pirate Camp
  • 47 has successfully disguised himself as a metalworker and infiltrated the pirate base.
Places where you can hide items:
Shrine
  • The ICA can conceal a small item in the shrine near the northeastern corner of the island.
Big Tree
  • The ICA can conceal a small item in the roots of the banyan tree in the central jungle area.
Farah’s Place
  • The ICA can conceal a small item inside a trash can at Farah’s Place.
Colonial Ruins
  • The ICA can smuggle a briefcase containing a large item into the upper level of the colonial ruins.
Green Container
  • The ICA can smuggle a briefcase containing a large item inside the green container at the back of the pirate base.
Boat Cradle
  • The ICA can smuggle a briefcase containing a large item near the cradled boat towards the back of the village.
Food Storage
  • The ICA can smuggle a briefcase containing a large item into the food storage hut near Farah’s Place.
SPOILERS OVER

Larianshill

Arbiter
I really regret jumping the gun and buying Hitman 3 on EGS, because I'd really prefer to have it on Steam instead. But I also feel like limiting your progress to only one platform is something they didn't have to do. There's no reason you need to stick with Epic forever.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah. I kinda regret getting it on EGS too, but I specifically didn't transfer as I wanted to redo old achievements.

I'm really waiting for the new game mode to come out. I didn't play III nearly as much as II and 2016. Berlin and China are both cool maps, but I've barely done anything more than run-and-gun China and to a large extent Berlin.

Need that new rogue-lite game mode to get me interested again.

maydaymemer

Educated
I really regret jumping the gun and buying Hitman 3 on EGS, because I'd really prefer to have it on Steam instead. But I also feel like limiting your progress to only one platform is something they didn't have to do. There's no reason you need to stick with Epic forever.
Here's something I've never tested: if you register a new IOI account and replace the old one with that on your Hitman 2, will you be able to carry that progress over to steam essentially creating a copy of that save?

ADL

Prophet
If they're gonna make it that damn hard to merge my EGS save with a Steam copy then I'll either just not bother or use the Peacock Project when the time comes and it's all on sale for real cheap. There are many legitimate reasons that someone would want to have the game on Steam instead and they screwed everyone in their handling of this. These fuckers better not take some EGS deal for their Bond game.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Finished all of the new main levels now. I think the third instalment is a bit hit and miss, but I knew what I was getting myself into.

By Chongqing I was a bit bored of it all. Luckily I found a sniper rifle on a roof as pretty much the first thing I did in the level, so I decided to complete it by killing every single NPC on the map with whatever weapons I could find, which turned out to be pretty fun. By the end it was just me running around doing whatever I needed in either facility. I think it would have been a massive pain to finish that level as the game wants you to.

Overall there are a couple of good levels (Dartmoor, Berlin) a couple of OK ones and a couple of extremely bad ones (Chongqing, the train at the end). Probably worth, because I'll come back to this and do some of the additional challenges when I feel like it.

Edit: one thing - "Connecting to Hitman Servers" at random moments, often of high tension, isn't acceptable. My internet is really good (I play some League and haven't DC'ed even once), so I don't think I can blame this annoyance on my own rig.

Last edited:

maydaymemer

Educated
Played the new level twice so far, seems pretty good to me. Lots of details in it. First try I killed Crest and Akka with an electrocution using the laptop and Agent Smith. The second time I accidentally caused a panic and Crest had guard AI so he came into this little area and I knocked everyone out. Then with Akka I put emetic poison in her drink and killed her with the scrap sword in the bushes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom