Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Holy fuck, Gabriel Knight 2 subtitles patch!

laffer35

Novice
Complain to the thread starter if you don't like reading about user made patches for games.

Get that unicorn horn out of your ass and lighten up a little.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
laffer35 said:
Complain to the thread starter if you don't like reading about user made patches for games.

Get that unicorn horn out of your ass and lighten up a little.
No, thank god he exposed this absolutely awful debauchery and fuck you for making the shit patch. Subtitles in my fucking fmv-based adventure game? You're outta your goddamn mind. Deaf motherfuckers have no place playing computer games in the first place, and by doing them a service you have made yourself a very ungulatan enemy today.

This goes for everyone who likes the patch. Fuck you people!

Von

Novice
Andyman Messiah you must be very depressed teenager.
I wish your parents have more time for you.

Jesus Andyman, what's wrong with you? You were such a cool horse, and now you bash people whose crime is helping others enjoy their games more? You are not yourself. For non-native english speakers subs are often useful, I thought you'd know.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah Andy WTF ? Tone down the booze, or at least use it to update that FF7 LP.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I will not make any excuses for my sudden ECCCCCCCC-ENTRIC!! behaviour, and I truly do mean it when I say that you're all diseased and a terrible waste who should be beheaded with a chainsaw by three monkeys high on angel dust.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
F U C K HAS BECOME CENSORED!! THIS IS TRULY ALSO THE WORK OF THE DEVIL KNOWN AS LAFFER35!!!

KILL HIM! KILL THE SUBTITLER!!

Either 1) his account has been hijacked, or 2) the horse is gone for good.

If 1) then
DU, this is not funny.

If 2) then
Fare thee well Andyman Messiah, we knew thee well.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
HOW DARE YOU IMAGINE THAT MY ACCOUNT IS HI-JACKED! DO YOU NOTICE MY ECCENTRIC BEHAVIOUR IN ANY OTHER THREAD PERHAPS? THIS IS 100% ANDYMAN MESSIAH AND I CALL FOR SWIFT DECAPITATION OF ALL MORONS, LOSERS AND DICKHEADS ON THIS FORUM.

ANGEL DUST MONKEYS! START YOUR CHAINSAWS!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
To everyone who lacks properly functioning ears.

Kill yourself, you deaf motherfuckers. Stop pretending you're normal because you're not. If you need subtitles to understand english then you're a fucking alien and you're not welcome on this planet. The english language, love it or hate it, is a requirement in today's society. The GK2 patch is a work of bullshit with no purpose whatsoever. If you have trouble hearing what people are saying, turn up the fucking volume, you handicapped prick! Putting halfassed subtitles into a game or a movie is not going to improve your way with any language in any - fuck - way. Rather, it's going to make it worse. You wanna learn english? Listen to the fucking thing!

And if you think the actors who speak english with a german accent are difficult to understand, kill yourself. Tie a rope around your stupid fucking neck and take a goddamn shit. These are actually the ones speaking the most clean, most precise type of english in the entire game. Mostly because they're doing it with such disdain of the simplicity of this fucking easy language. Every word is carefully and powerfully pronounced, oftentimes slowly so that the fucking americans can understand that the language is a joke. The fast food of languages. Pick it up and throw it the fuck away.

Now, if you've done all of this and still have trouble with some of the conversations, don't kill yourself again just yet. Lucky for you that the game records all vital information. Gabriel has a tape recorder, Grace has a notepad. You can listen to these as much as you want. Fondle your little penis.

And lastly, the fact that both your first posts on the forum was "HI I SAW THIS GREAT PATCH!" and "IM GLAD YOU LIKE MY PATCH!" makes me throw up.

Fuck you.

Don't cry, she wasn't good enough for you anyway. You'll find somebody else. You'll be happy, I promise.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Out of pity for Andyman, I bet that Von and Laffer are the same person.

And to piss him off : I learned English by playing subbed games.

laffer35

Novice
Not the same person. I would never start a thread with a sock account.
I've posted about this patch on many forums (where I was already a member) and I've never used a sock account on any forum.

Also, that Andy guy is either trying to be funny (it seems that way to me), or he's challenged in some way. Or it might be he can't stand to be wrong about anything, and turns into a total jerk when he is. Some people are like that.

Finally, I find it odd that he's upset about me posting in a thread someone else started when the thread was about my patch. I would not call that advertising at all.

And coming from a guy that advertises a bunch of his own stuff in his signature :D

In any case, his mission has been successful... he has trolled this thread so much that the focus of the thread is completely lost.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Chateaubryan said:
Out of pity for Andyman, I bet that Von and Laffer are the same person.

Actually, i kinda get the feeling that Andyman and Laffer are the same person. It's all just an elaborate advertising conspiracy. :P

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
laffer35 said:
Not the same person. I would never start a thread with a sock account.
I've posted about this patch on many forums (where I was already a member) and I've never used a sock account on any forum.
Well, there's a first for everything.

Also, that Andy guy is either trying to be funny (it seems that way to me), or he's challenged in some way. Or it might be he can't stand to be wrong about anything, and turns into a total jerk when he is. Some people are like that.
I'M A PRETTY UNICORN, YES I AM.

I'm not trying to be funny. I'm not trying anything actually. Well, maybe I'm trying to save the world because God knows it needs saving from people like you. I can admit being wrong about things but I'm an asshole who actually believes that subtitles are retarded. Especially when they're done in such a halfassed way, now that I have seen your patch in action. Why anyone would bother with it is beyond me.

Finally, I find it odd that he's upset about me posting in a thread someone else started when the thread was about my patch. I would not call that advertising at all.
Still playing this game, are we?

And coming from a guy that advertises a bunch of his own stuff in his signature :D
Well, there's a difference here. My stuff is absolute bullshit and your stuff is violently repulsive.

In any case, his mission has been successful... he has trolled this thread so much that the focus of the thread is completely lost.
What focus would that be? That you want feedback on a fucking subtitles patch? Are you high, you fucking imbecile? Sit on your hand for an hour and then go jerk off, I promise you it'll feel just like someone else is stroking your penis.

laffer35

Novice
Andyman Messiah said:
Especially when they're done in such a halfassed way, now that I have seen your patch in action.
Thanks for the feedback but I would appreciate if people would be a bit more specific.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
laffer35 said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Especially when they're done in such a halfassed way, now that I have seen your patch in action.
Thanks for the feedback but I would appreciate if people would be a bit more specific.
It looks like you wrote it with only one cheek.

laffer35

Novice
Alright, but I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to.
It would help if you would point out where the typos are, or what else it is you're having issues with (a bit of detail would be very helpful).

It would be helpful if you could provide screenshots, or at least spell out the lines you have trouble with so I can find them quickly and correct them.

Quilty

Magister
I for one am honored to be to told to fuck off by The Horse. :tear:

laffer35

Novice
Yes, this thread has high drama indeed :roll:

In any case, I'd just like to point out that the subtitles in the game, when using this patch, will appear in the same way they appear in certain localized versions of the game.

It's a shame the game doesn't split them up better, so long paragraphs of text will appear at once... however, there is nothing to be done about that, unless you change the game itself.

I still think it's better than nothing, if for some reason you want to have subtitles in your game (something I think should be an option in every game).

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Just another day on the Codex, nothing to worry about!

And I still have yet to replay GK2 with your patch, but as I warned you months ago: it could take time ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom