Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Holy fuck, Gabriel Knight 2 subtitles patch!

laffer35

Novice
I hope you'll find it useful; if you play the game using my patch, it would be cool to have some feedback :)

Here is a video I made just after finishing the subtitles, showing what it looks like.

laffer35

Novice
I saw a thread about a patch I made and decided to reply.
I don't see how this is advertisement... is there some unwritten rule to stay out of threads about something you've made? I don't get it.

aboyd

Liturgist
I believe he is accusing you of creating the Von account as a sock puppet. So yes, advertising.

Since this forum has a habit of posting the IP addresses of suspected sock puppets, I guess we'll know eventually if you really are doing that or not.

Even if the IPs aren't exactly the same, it does look suspicious that 2 new accounts were opened within 48 hours of each other, solely to post what looks like an ad. Maybe it's you & a friend down the street? I wonder if the IPs are from nearby locations.

laffer35

Novice
Well, even though I can understand how it looks suspicious, it's certainly not the case.
If I wanted to advertise my own patch, I would have started a thread about it myself and not used some sock account.

I found this thread by googling for the patch to see if anyone had posted about it anywhere... and this is the only place I could find.

laffer35

Novice
One was enough :D

In any case, I have no programming skills - I simply used another patch (that added Spanish subtitles) and used an editor to replace the Spanish lines with English from the game.

There is one big issue with the patch, though - when you apply it, you will no longer have speech when reading letters in the game. For instance, when you read the letter from Glower... you will have text only.
I have no idea why this is as the speech is normal in the rest of the game... but since I know nothing about programming and I have no idea why this is... I obviously can't fix it.
Would be cool if someone would, though.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Thanks for the patch, I always like to have subtitles when there's speech in games. Don't mind the codex paranoia.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
ghostdog said:
Thanks for the patch, I always like to have subtitles when there's speech in games. Don't mind the codex paranoia.

Exactly. Thanks a lot for your work, I have a great reason to re-play GK2 now.

Von

Novice
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
I take it this game is worth checking out?

Info, for someone not in the know?

ofcourse. its an awesome good old days adventure game.
Most of characters have strange german accent so its really hard to understand what thay are talking without subtitles. And that was killing this game for me years ago.

thanks for patch to myself... i mean to laffer ;)

laffer35

Novice
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
I take it this game is worth checking out?

Info, for someone not in the know?
It's absolutely worth checking out. It's one of my all time favourite games.
It has really awesome atmosphere and a great storyline. Best FMV game by far.

Von - you ass! :lol:

kenney bounces

Liturgist
I kinda prefered gabriel knight 1. It was about voodoo.

The second series dealt with werewolves. The 3rd series dealt with vampires. Although they had more budget and whatnot, it's really boring to deal with werewolves and vampires. It's a very much saturated genre for me.

laffer35

Novice
Yes it is. The atmosphere is so nice in that game, and I don't mind it being about werevolves.
Werevolves work really well in this game, and the villain is very cool.

laffer35

Novice
Anyway, if anyone plays through the game using this patch, I'd love some feedback - especially about typos, etc.

Von

Novice
I will be playing it soon. Just need to get the game.

Anyone has link to uncesored(with cannibal children) version of Harvester?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
laffer35 said:
Andyman Messiah said:
laffer35 said:
Anyway, if anyone plays through the game using this patch, I'd love some feedback - especially about typos, etc.
Yeah, I bet.
Go play with your cute little horses and stop trolling the thread, if you don't mind.
Go pimp your worthless little subtitle patch somewhere else, if you don't mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom