Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HoMM 6 leaked

curry

Arcane
Been playing this for a few hours now. Goddamn I kind of like some of the stuff they did but on the other hand they also fucked up stuff.

The castle thing is one of the things that SUCKS. When you open the castle screen, you get this short loop of the castle and you build stuff in another window. :what:

The battles have been pretty good so far though.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
How does the resource system work? Did they really strip out half of them?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Sceptic said:
How does the resource system work? Did they really strip out half of them?
Based on the Beta that was released a while ago, yeah, they did.

Achilles

Arcane
It's a good game guys, despite the fact that they simplified it a bit. I really think people should consider buying it, it's obvious that the developer's heart was in the right place.

relootz

Scholar
so my pre-order CE is in.

buy or not buy, i require guidance.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Alexandros said:
It's a good game guys, despite the fact that they simplified it a bit. I really think people should consider buying it, it's obvious that the developer's heart was in the right place.

:lol:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Alexandros said:
Not sure if serious.

curry

Arcane
The resource system isn't that bad. In fact you barely even notice that there's fewer resources. What's wrong in the building system is the fucking castle. When you open the castle view there's just a short video loop of a castle and a generic menu where you can buy stuff. It's a huge disappointment.

The map looks good but sometimes I miss stuff like a pile of gold because it just blends into the environment.

The battles are pretty good and tactical. The new spell system doesn't allow you to spam spells but it works well imo. The new creatures are pretty well done and I like the animations too.

One thing that I don't like at all is that the game wants you to log in to some crappy online shit all the time, and if you play in offline mode, you'll miss out some stuff. :roll:

I'd say it's still better game than HoMM 4 or 5. :salute:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How is the music, castle and unit diversity, heroes and artifacts?

And fuck you, Heroes 4 was good and innovative, not my fault that plebeians cant appreciate that. If only they finished it...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I like the battles. I don't like anything else.
World map camera is wobbly. It changes height based on terrain and terrain is all fucked up.
Town map is retarded.
Voice acting is shit.
Hero talents are basically old spells, and they're boring.

curry

Arcane
Malakal said:

I can't remember if the music is the same as in HoMM2 but it's decent. The units are sweet but heroes and castles suck. There's way too few heroes and they are uninteresting and you already know what's the deal with the castles...

The artifact system is the same as always.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Actually, at least in the campaign, there are set artifacts. I.e. equip 2 "of the Cock" and get cockalicious bonuses.

Achilles

Arcane
Jaedar said:
Alexandros said:
Not sure if serious.

Yeah, I'm serious. I don't agree with some of the design choices and I really hope they'll fix the town screens after release, but as a whole the game is pretty good. I've been a fan of the series since the original HOMM and I agree with curry, VI is better than both Heroes IV and V. My only major complaint is about the awful town screens. Other than that, :thumbsup:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The game isn't horrible. The early campaign kind of sucks though, it's very limiting in what skills you can choose and what units to produce. But! I had fun with a Skirmish game just now. Played as Stronghold.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Malakal said:

And fuck you, Heroes 4 was good and innovative, not my fault that plebeians cant appreciate that. If only they finished it...

:lol:I like the heroes individualism too...but the whole game is a pile of messed up shit.

Destroid

Arcane
HoMaM is no more... this is the MaMH!

I got tired of the gamplay at HoMaM 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom