Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hypothetically speaking...

MisterStone

Arcane
Hypothetically speaking, let's say you had this software that allowed your PC to emulate dozens of different kinds of coin-op arcade video game machines, and you were able to download the software (for the sake of argument, we'll call this "ROM images") that was run on these machines... in effect, that you were able to play practically any coin-op arcade from the 1980s and 1990s on your PC.

An insane dream, I know, but this is all purely hypothetical... What would you play?

(Don't worry, this is entirely hypothetical and nothing is being removed from inventory.)

LCJr.

Erudite
It took you this long to find MAME?

Oh and Defender of course.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Play all those arcade coin op games that used to steal your money. For me it's Shinobi, Cabal , Final Fight , Metal Slug , Snow Bros , Bubble Bobble , Neo Turf Masters (?) Slam n' Dunk and many other I can't remember.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tower of Doom of course. In co-op. One of the most engaging games evar. With multiple paths!

LCJr.

Erudite
Wow. I think this is the first time I've seen you post on something other than ethnomusicology or racist hate propaganda in years. Why the sudden change?

Oarfish

Prophet
Tower of doom, 1942, R-Type, Ghouls and Ghosts, Golden axe, Double dragon.

MisterStone

Arcane
Joust is the f'in shiznit. I love that game- it has the simplest controls, but the most innovative game design that I can think of of any video game from that time. Joust II is even better because it is more varied and fixes some of the cheesy stuff/glitches from the first game. It apparently didn't do very well, but that's probably because of the time it came out.

I would def. play Joust and Joust II a lot on my hypothetical magical emulator thingie. You can also play joust on the free version of GameTap. :)

Suchy

Arcane
I loved those arcade games back when I had a C64, but I stopped playing them the moment I got my first PC (1993). You know... Adventure/RPG gaming and X-Wing. You didn't have it on the arcade.
Neverthless I'd still give a shot to Golden Axe, best sidescroller ever.

Fez

Erudite
Golden Axe the best? Meh. Just don't say that about the sequels.

Thrasher

Erudite
Robotron with 2 nice big knobs mounted on a boulder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom