Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I of the Dragon gold

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
<a href="http://www.primal-soft.com/">I of the Dragon</a> is gold, for those of you interested in an action CRPG where you play a dragon. For those not sure what the game is like, you can grab the <A href="http://www.primal-soft.com/media.shtml">demo</a> from their site.

Spotted this at <A href="Http://rpgvault.ign.com">RPG Vault</a>.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Tribal, but to the point.

I learned my lesson with the Lionheart demo. After playing that, I figured I would give the game a chance because they'll have fixed the problems by then. Pfffft. Yeah. Whatever. :roll: I was so naive back then and they took advantage of me. :cry:

Well, never again! Unless a bunch of regulars come on here saying "OMG U CAENTT LIEV WIHTOUT PLAEING TIHS GAEM!!!11!!1" and actually mean it, I won't be touching I Of The Dragon.

Astromarine

Erudite
it's still better than Lionheart. I would consider it a neat diversion, maybe a 6.5 or 7 game, if it wasn't for the motherfuckingly irritating human missions.

Fez

Erudite
Urgh, poor Astromarine, I feel for you. Those human mission were the worst idea ever. The whole point of the game was supposed to make you an uber badass dragon, so then they make you weak as a kitten just to 'spice it up' in the most annoying way possible. It was the equivalent of a badly planned 'stealth' mission in an otherwise all-action FPS. Folk were having to either give up or cheat at that point. They should stop hiring level designers who have been using DIY lobotomy kits.

If it wasn't for the city building and expanding, giving you a feel of changing the environment around you, I'd have ignored the game as a bad fantasy shooter with RPG elements. The satisfaction of watching the little towns grow only lasts so long though, and you'll be working hard to finish it.

If anyone is considering buying it, then I'd seriously recommend getting the demo and playing all the way though it at least once, if you are not totally engrossed all the way through you'll find hit hard to finish the full game.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:05 pm
It's nice to see that some threads are getting well deserved attention even after all those lonely years.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Heh, I didn't notice the date of the first post, so I thought that it was a new game.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Exitium said:
I of the Dragon was out for 3 years? Damn. Looks like nobody missed it.

I played a demo of it a very long time ago. (It was very beta-ish at the time though).

It was crap. The idea was better than the implementation (hell, thats not saying much I guess)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom