Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Inquisitor - alternate timeline where Jesus came off the cross and killed the non-believers

La vie sexuelle

Learned
To go back to the main topic it's not at all hard to expect a game like this would be woke.
You're clearly spewing out bullshit because you have no idea what you're talking about. If the game is anything like the books, then calling it woke is sheer idiocy on your part. Nothing I have seen from it so far suggest anything woke. In fact, it seems to stay true to the spirit of the books (which is pretty metal. Reminds me a lot of Call of Juarez and Reverend Ray McCall, who could quote the Old Testament while dispensing God's Judgement with his revolvers).
I can confirm that there is no woke shit in the game whatsoever. Its very dark, depressing low fantasy medieval setting. Atmosphere wise its absolutely like the books. If you haven't read them then think Disciples 2, Diablo 1,2, Inquisitor (2012), King Arthur Knights Tale.

But is it good to play?
Short answer is No. You basically run from one marker to another. Dialogues are well written, characters are interesting and your responses do matter but there is no inventory, skills or stats. Every hour or so you travel to "unworld" where you have to fight and run away from things. But those sections are NOT fun. Oh and there are no proper saves just stupid ass checkpoints. I would say wait for like 75% sale and play it for the plot.
This sounds a lot like the first Witcher. I suspect that was their goal.

Isn't the Inquisitor books itself are imitating of The Witcher novels?

GloomFrost

Arcane
To go back to the main topic it's not at all hard to expect a game like this would be woke.
You're clearly spewing out bullshit because you have no idea what you're talking about. If the game is anything like the books, then calling it woke is sheer idiocy on your part. Nothing I have seen from it so far suggest anything woke. In fact, it seems to stay true to the spirit of the books (which is pretty metal. Reminds me a lot of Call of Juarez and Reverend Ray McCall, who could quote the Old Testament while dispensing God's Judgement with his revolvers).
I can confirm that there is no woke shit in the game whatsoever. Its very dark, depressing low fantasy medieval setting. Atmosphere wise its absolutely like the books. If you haven't read them then think Disciples 2, Diablo 1,2, Inquisitor (2012), King Arthur Knights Tale.

But is it good to play?
Short answer is No. You basically run from one marker to another. Dialogues are well written, characters are interesting and your responses do matter but there is no inventory, skills or stats. Every hour or so you travel to "unworld" where you have to fight and run away from things. But those sections are NOT fun. Oh and there are no proper saves just stupid ass checkpoints. I would say wait for like 75% sale and play it for the plot.
This sounds a lot like the first Witcher. I suspect that was their goal.

Isn't the Inquisitor books itself are imitating of The Witcher novels?
LOL. No man, just no. I admit that the first witcher is not the most complex RPG out there but still is a proper RPG. Inquisitor on the other hand is basically a glorified point n click adventure with some combat here and there. Same with books; very different in style and setting.

Gerrard

Arcane
Originally they planned an RPG, but after a while they gave up on that considering their team and resources, and decided to make an adventure game instead.

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
The Polish homosexuality will seemingly never end, The Witcher's success and its consequences has been a disaster of the human race. Not only is Poland a NATO stronghold but they're also the dedicated nation for producing goyslop now that American mutts can't put airplanes together anymore not to speak of AAA video games, and their Kievan faggotry gaming factory is purposefully being scorched into ashes in the war. Whether they be ex-CD (cross-dressing) Projekt devs or wannabes it's all the same "cinematic" UE5 slop they keep cranking out, often with Ubishit trigger warnings and messages about being put together by a collective of jews, retards and trannies, and having the standard progressive walking sim gameplay with cutscenes sprinkled on top.

I'm only popping into this particular Poletrash thread because there's a great game that went by the same title done by Czech devs and that game had soul. You might remember it as that one isometric game with fucking incredible backgrounds that you probably never played, but you should play it. It's well written and there's an actual game component to it, even if the introductory town you enter might have you go for an hour reading to get into a mystery.

937264ff886a361d2a379be239fc4a6e.jpg

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Is that Inquisitor? I put it in my last thread voting on what rpg I should play next and it didn't even get a single vote. Maybe you should show up next time and show some support pal. As for this Inquisitor game - The Inquisitor, it was pretty crappy and I didn't finish it out of boredom. :2/5:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm only popping into this particular Poletrash thread because there's a great game that went by the same title done by Czech devs and that game had soul. You might remember it as that one isometric game with fucking incredible backgrounds that you probably never played, but you should play it. It's well written and there's an actual game component to it, even if the introductory town you enter might have you go for an hour reading to get into a mystery.
Defenders of the Inquisitor oughta get stakeburnt.

Harthwain

Magister
You toot the "great game" and "actual game component", but all other comments I ever heard about it was that the actual meat of the game (not the "fucking incredible backgrounds" or "soul") was either bad or mediocre at best and it amounted to being a hack'n'slash in the vein of Diablo. Which is not particularly glowing recommendation on the Codex.

GloomFrost

Arcane
The Polish homosexuality will seemingly never end, The Witcher's success and its consequences has been a disaster of the human race. Not only is Poland a NATO stronghold but they're also the dedicated nation for producing goyslop now that American mutts can't put airplanes together anymore not to speak of AAA video games, and their Kievan faggotry gaming factory is purposefully being scorched into ashes in the war. Whether they be ex-CD (cross-dressing) Projekt devs or wannabes it's all the same "cinematic" UE5 slop they keep cranking out, often with Ubishit trigger warnings and messages about being put together by a collective of jews, retards and trannies, and having the standard progressive walking sim gameplay with cutscenes sprinkled on top.

937264ff886a361d2a379be239fc4a6e.jpg
YEah man An absolute underrated gem. Some quests and writing definitely could rival even Planescape or Arcanum. And that incredible moody music mmmmmm. Its basically Disciples 2 the RPG lol. If it just wasn't for painfully brutal unbalanced Diablo style combat it would be my number 1 RPG ever.

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
amounted to being a hack'n'slash in the vein of Diablo
You can't have everything but all things considered the combat wasn't too bad, besides, Arcanum had shit combat and Codexers, me included, appreciate that game. Sometimes the atmosphere and mood makes up for gameplay flaws. If you're trying to defend poleshit though, the game this thread is about has no gameplay and is an interactive movie with pretenses of being an adventure game without puzzles.

Harthwain

Magister
You can't have everything but all things considered the combat wasn't too bad, besides, Arcanum had shit combat and Codexers, me included, appreciate that game.
Arcanum has more things going for it outside of combat though.

Sometimes the atmosphere and mood makes up for gameplay flaws.
You condemn The Inquisitor for "having no gameplay", while you yourself try to "make up for gameplay flaws" in another The Inquisitor game with "the atmoshpere and mood". I sense a paradox here. If you have a standard, then at least apply it evenly.

If you're trying to defend poleshit though, the game this thread is about has no gameplay and is an interactive movie with pretenses of being an adventure game without puzzles.
1) I didn't play the game myself but I do know there is combat/swordfighting in this game.

2) I wasn't even defending "poleshit" in my response. More like I was curious about you giving The Inquisitor a glowing recommendation when all I heard about the game in question was "a nice try, but not really worth your time due to horrible gameplay" (which is pretty damning when all the game has, in terms of gameplay mechanics, is its hack'n'slash component).

3) I don't care about developers' nationality in games, only about the quality of games they make. You could be a Russian or an American and I would judge your work the same way.

Ryzer

Arcane
Tbh I think Smuta has more chance being good than Inquisitor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom