Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Idea for a new forum

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
There are a lot of new games coming out in the next 6 months. Some of the titles like Lionheart and ToEE everybody is going to get anyway, some of them like VtM, KotOR, Restricted Area, Riftrunner, PotC, Escape Velocity, Starfury, and many, many others are less known or less accepted by general public.

It would be good to have a "Reviews" forum where people would post their impressions after they played a game. I know a lot of people here and I know where they stand, so their opinions would be much more informative then any other reviews I may find elsewhere. We can of course post in the general RPG section, but having a separate forum would make it more organized and moderators can keep it clean from OT posts. So what do you guys think?

Spazmo

Erudite
Sounds interesting. I'm all for it.

And while we're talking about reviews; now that I'm on the staff, do I get free review copies?

Please?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I like the idea... which probably means according to most here must mean it's a bad idea. :oops: :shock: :oops:

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
I like the idea... which probably means according to most here must mean it's a bad idea. :oops: :shock: :oops:
Oh, lay off--you're not that disagreeable!

About the idea though--I'm all for it.

Psilon

Erudite
Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe we could move some of the better reviews to the front page? It's been a while since anything got posted to the reviews section.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Yeah, that does sound like a good idea. Either that, or get more freelance writers to beef up the review section.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
OR... You guys could write a review of a game, and we could have READER REVIEWS as a section on the main site itself.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
OR... You guys could write a review of a game, and we could have READER REVIEWS as a section on the main site itself.

Ehh .

I think that people should post their reviews and other people should give feedback about those reviews first
( like if they liked them or not and or even suggest impovements
like correct your spellaz chris or like tell us Saint why excactly you hate the gameplay in FO:BOS ) and only after the reader reviews had been seen and critisized by other people the review should be kept pernamantly as a section on the main site itself.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Saint_Proverbius said:
It's not about writing a full review, it's about a place where we can gather people's opinions about any specific game, all kinda opinions: long, short, well written and not, the ones that would cover the whole game and the ones addressing a specific issue like combat or story or even icons from ToEE :wink: If we ask people to write a review for the front section it would take forever and generate only a small fraction of the opinions we can get from posting.

So, Saint, what do you say? The aye's have it? I am waiting for somebody to post an opinion on PotC. :)

Vault Dweller

Developer
So can we have an official word on that? Or should we sign a petition or something :wink:

XJEDX said:
Are you being punny?
Aye, matey, I was. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Hmm, the people have spoken (btw, thanks to everybody who liked and supported this idea), but there is no new forum and there is no official "fuck you and fuck your stupid forum" :lol: response. So, purely out of curiousity, Saint, why do you think that having such a forum is a bad idea?

Vault Dweller

Developer
In that case he misunderstood it. It wasn't about a few thoughtful possibly well-written reviews hanging on the front page providing that Saint will like them, it was about a place to keep dozens of impressions posted by members for other members. It's really simple.

Hey, weren't you the guy who said "Sounds interesting. I'm all for it." :lol: What happened to you, man, you used to be cool :lol:

Edit: Don't you think that it would be in the best interests of this society if Volourn's blind love for NWN would be limited to a NWN review thread? :D

GreenNight

Liturgist
I am not against or for the proposed forum. But I wanted to note that if the forum is not created you still have the General RPG forum to write mini-reviews.

Life is nice, because it's full of opportunities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom