Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Server move, NEW DOMAIN

Calis

Pensionado
Tags: Roel Arts

Dear visitor,
<br>
<br>
Due to reasons that would make your head explode if I were to explain them, we're moving to a new server. Now (pay attention): THIS MIGHT MEAN THAT RPGCODEX.COM WILL STOP WORKING FOR A WHILE. "Might" as in: "we're not sure". There's an easy remedy for this: as soon as you can't get to rpgcodex.com anymore, just use rpgcodex.<strong>net</strong> and you'll be fine. Catch you on the flipside.

Black

Arcane
Calis said:
Dear visitor,
THIS MIGHT MEAN THAT RPGCODEX.COM WILL STOP WORKING FOR A WHILE..
Does this mean Codex won't work for a while?

Ladonna

Arcane
Write it on notepad so you won't forget it, and then post en masse when its back up.

Welcome back btw.

Calis

Pensionado
Elwro said:
We were behaving badly and Sorcerer' Place is kicking us out or what?
No, Taluntain bought a brand new server. The domain stuff is because the new server comes with new nameservers and Saint is having trouble digging up his account info. We're hoping that entering the new IP into the old name servers will make it propagate and they won't delete the DNS zone info right away when Tal's old account expires, but we're not sure; hence the .net.

denizsi

Arcane
I know it's terribly unprofessional and unethical, but I just have to publish this PM

Calis said:
denizsi said:
Calis said:
denizsi said:
Hey, could you tell why you are moving the server? Is there something wrong? Anything I or other members could help with?

Thanks but there's nothing you can do I'm afraid. We will explain why when time is right.

That doesn't sound good. Come on, you know you can trust me, I won't tell a soul, as before.

Alright. We sold the domain. To Bethesda. The offer was just too good. Oh btw, don't get fooled by the newspost and my post about Saint losing passwords. Once we turn to rpgcodex.net, there's no going back to .com. Hopefully, people will sleep it off and get used to the change

Calis

Pensionado
Well, in all fairness, in return I got iloveoblivion.com and .net from them. No, really! whois if you don't believe me, they'll be pointing to rpgcodex on the new server :D

Pegultagol said:
Does anyone ever donate to 'Keep the Server Alive!'?

I'm pretty sure I've already donated several accidental advertisement clicks. No need to compound the cost of that headache.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
So, you've got some money from Bethstapo, right? Will the visuals in AoD be improved? I want bloom, bump, shader and particle effects, LOTS of them! AoD may be cool in its core, but it looks outdated. Mass Effect and Fallout 3 are much more appealing. Or will you just forget about the site and AoD and will move to some tropical islands in the Pacific?

Micmu

Magister
Calis said:
Well, in all fairness, in return I got iloveoblivion.com and .net from them. No, really! whois if you don't believe me, they'll be pointing to rpgcodex on the new server :D
You were not kidding. :shock:

But are you sure they just replace the domain name in urls? I thought they remove the link and replace it with plain text "i love o____n.com"

Joe Krow

Erudite
Bethesda huh? So will Summer be the new moderator here? I can see it now- "All Fallout 3 discussion will now be limited to one thread"... not a bad idea actually.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
There's been one $4 donation made in the last 2 years. I'm planning an exotic cruise with all that fat loot.

don_tomaso

Liturgist
tis is why me loves ze codex; it even makes boring stuff like upgrading servers funny.. or maybe not funny, but at least not boring.. or, whatever... happy saturday u ugly bastards

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom