Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Funposter

Arcane
There's nothing to steal. Stealth is just a damage multiplier for cutting through bad combat.
There are mods to fix this
I've looked, its a desert.
The popular overhaul mod Ordinator adds perks in the pickpocketing tree that give NPC valuable stuff for you to steal. I'm sure there are others although maybe not something just does just that and nothing more.
There's a mod which multiplies the amount of Gold that NPCs carry and increases the price of stuff like fine clothing. WAACF fixes the cost of clutter items so that stuff like silverware is worth stealing, and MorrowLoot also adds Glass weapons to the homes of some noble families. I'm sure there's more but I'm not looking for them. You could even make such a simple mod yourself~

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
You could even make such a simple mod yourself~
Yes. I'm going edit level lists in my spare time, so npcs carry more bullshit clutter.

When I say there's nothing to steal, that's the end of it. There's nothing to steal. I give a damn about broken game economies or perk trees.

Inconceivable

Learned

Skyrim, in a nutshell.

And it also leads to modding-paralysis.
I'm a fan of VR and Skyrim - playing Skyrim in VR is like a dream come true - yet I've owned VR headsets for 4 years now and still haven't played Skyrim in VR. I've been tinkering with mods in and out, getting distracted, moving on, going back again... yet never actually playing THE FUCKING GAME IN VR due to modding-paralysis. I don't have a huge amount of time on my hands these days. I have a job, I have kids, so actually diving into a Skyrim playthrough is a huge investment of precious free time, so I have to make sure I only actually begin it if I have the 100% perfect mod setup, right?
I have 24 hours logged in Skyrim VR. 0 of that is actual play time.

At this point, I'm not sure I'll ever get to play Skyrim VR. :D

Don Peste

Arcane

Skyrim, in a nutshell.

And it also leads to modding-paralysis.
I'm a fan of VR and Skyrim - playing Skyrim in VR is like a dream come true - yet I've owned VR headsets for 4 years now and still haven't played Skyrim in VR. I've been tinkering with mods in and out, getting distracted, moving on, going back again... yet never actually playing THE FUCKING GAME IN VR due to modding-paralysis. I don't have a huge amount of time on my hands these days. I have a job, I have kids, so actually diving into a Skyrim playthrough is a huge investment of precious free time, so I have to make sure I only actually begin it if I have the 100% perfect mod setup, right?
I have 24 hours logged in Skyrim VR. 0 of that is actual play time.

At this point, I'm not sure I'll ever get to play Skyrim VR. :D
Can't you just use one of those wabbajack lists?

Inconceivable

Learned
Can't you just use one of those wabbajack lists?

I only learned of this tool recently. And just checking, there even seems to be a VR compilation.
However, my problem is not the technical installation of mods. I feel pretty confident with that. It's more the "optimal selection/combination of mods" that is the eternal curse of the Skyrim modder. While Wabbajack can provide some orientation, it doesn't really address the underlying obsession.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Most important Skyrim mod yet
43816-1609555087-992581422.png

Yosharian

Arcane
So has anyone actually tried this... insanity?

https://www.ultimateskyrim.com/ultsky-install

It seems right down the Requiem-player's alley. Survival mode, requiem-based, all that good jazz. I saw some videos about it a few years ago but apparantly it's pretty complete and bugfree now.
Ultimate Skyrim is good but it's currently being ported to SE so give it another 6-8 months IMO.

roll-a-die

Magister
So has anyone actually tried this... insanity?

https://www.ultimateskyrim.com/ultsky-install

It seems right down the Requiem-player's alley. Survival mode, requiem-based, all that good jazz. I saw some videos about it a few years ago but apparantly it's pretty complete and bugfree now.
It's Requiem in only the loosest sense of the word. The person making it undoes a lot of the economic tweaks that requiem is good for. And it also has a faster on ramp than requiem does. Meanwhile if you hate Skyrims actual content it does very little to revamp that.

If you want a requiem list, look at Serenity, or Noir, both of which are available on Wabbajack for automated or semi-automated install.

roll-a-die

Magister
is requiem SE still ongoing or guy responsible for dropped it after getting better job
Last update developer-wise was in September for mainline requiem. But it's a busy season so it's possible they are just busy. Ogerboss also said in that blog it was time to begin SSE porting properly. So it's possible they are going to be back. So... :philosoraptor: I dunno.

Yosharian

Arcane
It does actually look as if Ogerboss isn't posting on the Nexus page anymore. Difficult to tell if it's just a winter break or if he's actually ditched the project. It does happen. Time will tell.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there an alternate download for the current version of Skyrim Realistic Overhaul texture pack anywhere? Preferably a torrent.

My shitty Internet connection gives me constant network errors when trying to download it on moddb and when I did finally get it finished (via constantly resuming the download) the files were corrupt.

alyvain

Learned
What are some good quest mods for Skyrim? I heard a lot of good stuff about the Forgotten City, but people were overselling it.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Forgotten City is good, in part because it turns Skyrim on its head. There's almost no fighting, and talking to NPCs is important. It has several endings, and you can't rely on quest markers to tell you exactly what to do. Falskaar matches Skyrim's tone and gameplay very well, and could probably pass for a DLC if the voice acting were a little better. Legacy of the Dragonborn is frankly essential for making Skyrim worth playing to completion. Helgen Reborn is OK, but has some tedious crap to pad out its length. I've heard good things about Vigilant, Moon and Star, The Wheels of Lull, and Undeath.

alyvain

Learned
talking to NPCs is important

If we compare it to a base game, sure, but overall... I don't know. But I must say that two endings and a bit of exploration, even though the location is not particularly spacious, were pretty nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom