Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime In Space, No One Can Hear You Scheme...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
001 - It begins
00.jpg

So, we're not alone in this galaxy, and we have to share the bounties with other Empires similar to us in size and might.
Although first contact has been made, there was no hiding every Empire's desire to seize more territory.

We will not be left behind.

02.jpg

After days of mad scramble in the edges of the void, the Alien Empires began to respect our strength and showed desire for alliance.

03.jpg

A border was established. Already the Golden Empire has lost two scouting carriers upon arriving on 'claimed territories.'
Blue - AgentMass Empire blocks the way north while offering an alliance.

D1.jpg

Teal - 8Ball Empire has opened fire twice on our scouts - demanding us respect their borders despite pleas for understanding from our diplomats.

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

We will overlook this transgression - for now.
We will stop further explorations to the north.

04.jpg

We have missed a huge opportunity to capture rich worlds, but we will concede that loss for now and look elsewhere for opportunities.

Take a look at the radius around Deneb and you will realize its importance...
deneb.jpg

The outermost wavy line circle indicates how far can a ship jump from that system.
But the most important is the second dotted circle - the scanner radius.
By having Deneb we will no longer be blind of the happenings in AgentMass' Empire. Any traveling fleet within his Empire will be detected by our scanners and we can react accordingly. Without this knowledge, he may hide his fleet movements from our sights.

Another day later... opportunity knocks...
Southern quadrant has fallen into disorder and chaos, its leader has abandoned governance and surrendered control to rebels.
05.jpg

We will act accordingly.

06.jpg

RK47

Patron
002 - Golden Sword

201402281022.png

The Defenders put up a good fight.

01.jpg

00.jpg

But was ultimately helpless before our superior numbers.
Elsewhere our allies in this war, The Tzaeron Empire agreed to trade their research

02.jpg

It is an uneasy alliance, should our forces cross paths, neither will back away until the other is destroyed.
Careful planning and foresight is necessary to avoid needless casualties.
Our forces complete the bombardment of Aldhibah and set course for AlphaAuva.

201402281524.png

Yet treachery is afoot on the Western Quadrant.
Callias, a Silent Empire has sent a fleet against a claimed system!

Screenshot%202014-02-28%2021.28.14.png

Our warning went unheeded, and we quickly forward a message to our alliance.

04.jpg

While at the same time a small carrier force will transfer ships to garrison the target planet.

05.jpg

Those fools will pay for this transgression.
Elsewhere, final approach...
06.jpg

07.jpg

Prepare for assault.

RK47

Patron
003 - Siege Perilous
01.jpg

Curses.
Reinforcements won't make it in time. SECONDS separate them from the attackers!

Elsewhere....

03.jpg

07.jpg

Not good. Not good at all.
We cannot advance.

06.jpg

There's something we can salvage from this victory however, notice the numbers above the system?

0 - 2 - 0 This is the Economy - Industry - Science rating of the system.
You need to pay to develop it.
The cost is dependent on the planet's resources. The more resourceful, the cheaper it is.
Do you notice the circles around the planet? The bigger they are, the more resourceful the planet is.

Economy is the cheapest. It increases treasury by 10 Credits every Production Cycle (24 hours). This is automatically destroyed when a system is conquered - it will yield 10 credit per point to the attacker.
Industry is 2nd most expensive, for every point in Industry it creates 0.25 ship per hour. It does not get destroyed when conquered. So we can produce ships from conquered territories if we capture any industry points.
Science is the most expensive but has a larger effect on the Empire. It accelerates research - and tech once leveled up can be traded away. And since this game promotes backstabbing you cannot trade both item at once, one side must take the risk and make transfer - trusting the customer to deliver on the other end. :lol: Yes, we're in the space age with stone age diplomacy.

The situation in AlphaAuva is very dire indeed, we need more ships from our core world. And I still can't see Tzaero's fleet making a difference. I cannot risk making a move for DeltaAlfirk. It would just lead to more losses.

Elsewhere, I spend 25 credits to create a new Carrier group.

05.jpg

Carrier group lets you transport Ships across systems. Once you arrive, you can garrison it for defense, or collect more ships and move on. Large empires tend to have a lots of carriers ferrying ships from Core Worlds to borders.
This is the kind of situation I'm facing now, being overstretched and having to bolster the borderworlds on regular basis.

And now... we wait.

08.jpg

09.jpg

RK47

Patron
04 - The Silent Invader
10.jpg

Still no response. Hours after invasion, our silent invaders remain silent.
We have no idea what could've provoked this attack.
But we have hope.
8Ball - our ally is willing to make a trade of technology.

01.jpg

The secrets of Jew Banking will be traded for their weaponry.
This will enable our outnumbered defenders to have a fighting chance.
However, more bad news await...

02.jpg

05.jpg

shep.jpg
What've we got, Hackett?
08.jpg

hack.jpg
They've got us with our pants down, Shepard. Whatever Blue is doing, he's not scaring Callias. He's gambling everything on this attack.

03.jpg

shep.jpg
Are you saying that if we beat this attack, that's it for Callias?
hack.jpg
Look, I'm not gonna lie Shepard, if there's more than 70 ships behind that initial attack, we may need more, but this first wave - can be repelled. I repeat, we can. We'll lose a system but that's that. But we need more meat for the second wave. If there is one.
shep.jpg
Good thing 8ball came through with the Thanix cannons. No word from Blue?
hack.jpg
AgentMass is dead silent. Maybe it's the timezone effect. Tzaero's unavailable, though I doubt his fleet can do much, he's too far away to be of any help, we've traded all the tech we got from him.
shep.jpg
AlphaEuva?
07.jpg

hack.jpg
Holding ground, I don't see any point in trying to take out that 90+ garrison. Tzaero needs to start firing at something, we gave him a corridor.
shep.jpg
He'll come through. If he doesn't...
hack.jpg
God, I hope not. Look, I'm pushing 20+ to Operation Gold Automata but the rest will have to divert to West Quadrant.

04.jpg

shep.jpg
I know. Just don't make us look weak in front of Blue.

06.jpg

hack.jpg
You've got it, Shepard. I'm rerouting Core Fleet to West Quadrant, ETA 24 hours.
09.jpg

shep.jpg
Give'em hell.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
05 - Dance of Death
Defenders of EtaMi successfully repelled the invasion.
While massive loss was inflicted on XiSadalSud.

01.jpg

Hours later... a suddenly development in our northern border caught my attention.

02.jpg

It appears that AgentMass is under attack yet is not responding.
Elsewhere - Callias Empire launches a second wave of attack on EtaMi.

03.jpg

Hopefully our forces will be strong enough to repel the assault.
Bad news on Operation Gold Automata.
The Rebels have achieved weapons tech 2.

04.jpg

This toughened their defenses, allowing them to split their capital garrison. We will need more ships.
And our research sharing with Tzaeron Empire draws suspicion from our ally...

05.jpg

Much distrust spreads in the galaxy.

06.jpg

RK47

Patron
06 - The Repulse

00.jpg

01.jpg

shep.jpg
Shepard to Hackett. EtaMi is secured. Strike Fleet Revengeance is ETA 40 mins to XiSadalSuud. Callias is sending the remnants of his task force into Dabih, I trust our own fleet will it there to defend it in time?
hack.jpg
They will, Commander. If this works, it's checkmate for their invasion.
shep.jpg
You heard the man, weapons ready. Let's punch their ticket and take back what is ours.
02a.jpg

02.jpg

shep.jpg
Targets destroyed. That's the last of them. I want immediate report from Dabih system.
03.jpg

shep.jpg
Fuck yeah. Who's the invader now?
03a.jpg

shep.jpg
Begin distribution of garrison forces, and send a lone scout through their back system, I want an alternate route of attack into Callias' Empire.
04.jpg

shep.jpg
We're coming for you...
hack.jpg
Shepard, though I'm happy to hear the good news, there's some troubling news from our Alliance.
shep.jpg
What's that?
hack.jpg
We have suspicions that this Alliance is starting to collapse. AgentMass is not responding to our diplomatic messages and is under attack from another Empire in the northern quadrant.
06.jpg

shep.jpg
Is this another revolt in the making?
08.jpg

hack.jpg
It could be. Their fleet production has fallen way behind. Carrier group one of the weakest in the galaxy. It shows a serious case of mismanagement.
shep.jpg
Are you saying we should take advantage?
hack.jpg
You know we can't afford another front right?
shep.jpg
What about our techs?
05.jpg

hack.jpg
Labs have completed research on manufacturing, our factories have increased their fleet production capacity.
shep.jpg
Good, keep me posted.
07.jpg

hack.jpg
Shepard.
shep.jpg
What?
hack.jpg
Don't over-commit. We're stretched to our limits as it is. Hackett out.
09.jpg

shep.jpg
I know.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Ashlesha, ive heard about this place. Nice planet. Verdant fields where children frolic underneath a sapphire sun. Hope Tzaero burns it to the ground

RK47

Patron
07 - Victors
00.jpg

hack.jpg
Well done, Shepard.
shep.jpg
You know it's not over yet, right?
hack.jpg
I know and our friends from Tzaero Empire has agreed to an exchange of new tech. We help them improve their manufacturing capacity, while they extend our fleet mobility.
01.jpg

shep.jpg
Not bad.
hack.jpg
Shepard, about this invasion to Callias.. are you sure?
02.jpg

shep.jpg
We've got them on the run, Admiral. If we stop now we'll be repeating the siege of AlphaAuva.
hack.jpg
You do what you have to do then. We've more reports from our Northern Borders.
shep.jpg
What of it? Has AgentMass replied?
hack.jpg
No, we've raised our concern to 8Ball, he seems to agree and has ideas of expansion. This will be their first war...
03.jpg

shep.jpg
Is he serious?
hack.jpg
We think he is. Deneb Listening Post picked up a 117-strong fleet moving into ZetaAzel, one of the most resourceful system under our former ally's empire. How should we respond?
04.jpg

shep.jpg
Let them. In doing so, he's indirectly competing with the new owners of ZetaBunda.
hack.jpg
I think so too, but what if they're working together, Shepard?
shep.jpg
I won't let them. But let's leave it at that for now.
hack.jpg
Also, I've bad news from Gold Automata...
shep.jpg
What is it?
hack.jpg
We've taken DeltaAfirk, but the casualties are horrendous.
05.jpg

shep.jpg
*shrugs* Realities of war. Hey, are they pulling half of their forces from AlGiedi? That's the capitol, right?
hack.jpg
Shepard, we've not seen a single shot fired from Tzaeron Allies. They've suffered no major losses as of yet and taken no system.
shep.jpg
No trouble at all. Issue the order to attack AlGiedi from AlphaAuva.
06.jpg

hack.jpg
Shepard we've got no scanners on the outlying system beyond AlGiedi. If they send in reinforcements, even if we win, we might not be able to hold.
shep.jpg
Let me worry about that later. Maintain the course, Admiral.
hack.jpg
Alright, Shepard. Hackett out.
10.jpg

RK47

Patron
08 - Giants
hack.jpg
Shepard, is this even necessary?
shep.jpg
You know it is.
hack.jpg
But what you're proposing is nothing short of a backstab. He will never trust us ever again.
shep.jpg
If this operation is a success, we won't need his trust anymore. Tzaero has agreed, now, are you with me?
hack.jpg
Very well, let's get over it again...
shep.jpg
Right. Computer, display galactic map.
03.jpg

shep.jpg
Scanner reports that 8Ball's Fleet is taking over Blue's Empire without being challenged by Pink, now I don't want to ring any alarm bells here, but his weapons tech outgun ours.
hack.jpg
But Shepard, he's forming a buffer state between us and Pink in the north.
shep.jpg
That's what he wants you to think. Computer, display tech report on Ironic's Empire.
04.jpg

shep.jpg
They have equal weapons tech. Now, I'm not accusing 8Ball of double crossing us just yet, but I don't like his ambitions, claiming Blue's former territory. We need to act fast before our alliance is losing its relevance and he joins up with Pink.
hack.jpg
Shepard, this insane, we're fighting a war on two fronts and you want to make a third?
shep.jpg
We're doing fine on the Western front.
01.jpg

shep.jpg
We've established not just one, but three forward outposts with enough factories to produce defenders and fleet carriers to repel any attempts to retake their lost systems. I've stopped major reinforcements there and Tzaero fleet is moving to finish off Operation Gold Automata. We can look towards the north now.
hack.jpg
Very well. What's the plan?
shep.jpg
The following diplomatic transmission is very recent.
06.jpg

hack.jpg
So he's telling the truth and all you had is nothing but an unproven suspicion.
shep.jpg
Uh huh, but you forget one major detail, Admiral. What if Ironic Empire sees 8Ball's defenses being pressed from two direction. What would happen then?
hack.jpg
Are you saying by having Tzaero attack the rear - we can induce a chain reaction without us even launching an attack? Wait, wait a minute. Two directions? Who's the second invader?
shep.jpg
Us. Hear me out. This is convoluted, but we're not including Ironic (Pink) in this plan. He has no idea what is about to happen, but if you put yourself in his shoes, he's probably not going to miss out on an opportunity to steal some easy systems from 8ball. And guess what happens next when Tzaero's 260-ship carrier enters 8ball's scanner range?
hack.jpg
8ball calls us in.
shep.jpg
Damn right he will. Then Phase 2 of Operation Jagged Alliance will commence. Computer, display plan 432014.
02.jpg

hack.jpg
Oh god. This... this could work out.
shep.jpg
It should and it will. Let's tear the galaxy a new one, Admiral.

RK47

Patron
09 - Now
01.jpg

Tech advance - Manufacturing T3.
Capped another Green Stronghold. Holding position.
Tzaero is in position.

02.jpg

We have no way of confirming whether Tzaero has received the message - but we will await the response from Light Blue.
Once 8ball sends the transmission for help, Phase II can start.
He's still unsuspecting. Our fleet is massing at ChiAskela.

03.jpg

Why ChiAskella?
Because it's outside of sensor range.

05.jpg

:smug:

It'd be hours before they can detect Tzaero's invasion...

04.jpg

Just a few more hours before all hell break loose.
Godspeed.

hostergaard

Educated
Be wary Tzaero of backstaping from the Tzaero empire. While I get the feeling its committed to our plan the new situation might cause them to revise the alliance as destroying the 8balls would leave you two as the only two real active empires and the current stratetic situation would favour you and limit his ultimate expansion that only go north with some serious wast stretches of empty space to cross whilst you are free to expand north, west or shout as you please.

In his favor right now is that he have a relatively small border and concentrated empire compared to you and 8ball.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
right to be paranoid

your in a good position though, should betrayal happen soon. Hes got 3 fronts at least and you got barely 2.

RK47

Patron
11 - In Motion
04.jpg

02.jpg

It's nice when you have a compliant ally.

03.jpg

Commencing fake attack.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
12 - Alliance
05.jpg

evil.gif

11.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom