Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime In Space, No One Can Hear You Scheme...

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
what?!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
What lead to this point
shep.jpg
Have they made the trade?
hack.jpg
Yes, Tzaero sent us the banking tech, he's holding back on the Warp drive tech though, he wants us to wire the Weapons tech first.
01.jpg

shep.jpg
No, don't do that.
hack.jpg
What? Why? Isn't he an ally?
shep.jpg
Hackett, we're dealing with an enemy of our alliance, if we were to give up the tech now we'd look like traitors and 8ball will pull his fleet back. That is something I don't want.
hack.jpg
But we can handle all of them. We've got 8Ball outnumbered nearly 3 to 1 if we combine with Tzaero's forces. Isn't this what you wanted?
shep.jpg
*chuckles* Not really. Would be nice, but not the best outcome.
hack.jpg
What is going on? Are you hiding something from me?
shep.jpg
Hackett, the real purpose of Operation Jagged Alliance is to force Tzaero into a conflict that he cannot easily pull himself out of. 8Ball is of no threat to us, but his expansion might give him just the chance to match our strength. Hence, Operation Jagged Alliance is conceived.
02.jpg

shep.jpg
Think about it Hackett, who is the strongest empire at that time?
hack.jpg
Ours.
shep.jpg
And second strongest?
hack.jpg
Tzaero's.
05.jpg

shep.jpg
A lion has no need for a wolf in his pack.
hack.jpg
The emptied colonies, the simulated attacks. Everything is to push the Weapons tech into our hands...
shep.jpg
Precisely.
02.jpg

shep.jpg
Without the weapons, Tzaero's fleet will suffer massive losses, and in staging the fake attacks - we've secured forward bases to launch an invasion into his capital worlds.
hack.jpg
So that's why you got the Warp gates working.
shep.jpg
Yes, I wanted to make sure my biggest fleet ever arrive on time for the greatest push.
12.jpg

shep.jpg
And with our Western and Southern Quadrant secured and unchallenged, I can focus on what's important...
04.jpg

05.jpg

shep.jpg
Alas, it was not to be...
hack.jpg
What happened?
shep.jpg
Tzaero, upon realizing our treachery, resigned almost immediately.
hack.jpg
Oh god.
shep.jpg
Reroute the fleet to Heka System, it's time to end this charade.
03.jpg

01.jpg

:smug:

RK47

Patron
Committed
It's the last few plays, I've tried contacting Light Blue to surrender, but he refused.
What a brave man. I shall send 700 into this campaign.

04.jpg

We have 3 attacks ongoing to the North.
Magnify.

05.jpg

Blue's reaction to the attack on Heka is to reroute their fleet to Sirius.
Knowing that he will never make the first move, I moved 145 ships to attack Ain their capital system.
This is purely based on Tzaero's intel before we cut off our alliance.
And I'm guessing I was right, since they pulled their major fleet of 223 there to defend Ain.
They will get there first, our 145 ships would be lost in this diversion, but he'll lost 1/5 of his fleet.
At the same time, hidden from their sensors, a fleet of 500 will depart from Saiph system.
100 will hit westwards to seize lighly defended territories, while 400 will claim Sirius.
Also, a tiny fleet (47) from Heka is sent attack Segin, which is lightly defended.
Hopefully by creating another mini diversion, this will enable our fleet of 400 to enter their system unscathed.
Once we've taken Sirius, a Warp beacon will be placed to accelerate reinforcements into the front by 300%

06.jpg

Notice the glowing stars? Yes, that's the systems that are connected with a warp gate.
This way we can bring in reinforcements quicker and overwhelm their numbers.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Defiance
Ain Diversion was wiped out, but they didn't intercept our 2nd and 3rd wave.

01.jpg

I suppose they wanted to cut their losses and try to regroup and counter when the storm dies down with Weapons Tech IV.
But I doubt it's enough to overcome our industrial advantage we have plus, the warp gates are translating into more numbers on where it matters: front line reinforcements. This is something he has ignored and cannot afford.

02.jpg

Also he's trying to catch up by going full economy and weapons research.
Too late. One hour to Manufacturing Tech IV.

RK47

Patron
Futility
Segin secured, despite losing half of our attack force.
We can still use that carrier to combine with our forces from Atik for an assault with 96 ships on Tyl.
This will force them to respond, since Tyl is a 5-3-1 planet (Eco-Ind-Research) and is very valuable.
If 8ball lets it fall, I'll drop a warp gate and turbo charge my reinforcements.

If he responds, our major fleet of 300+ from Sirius will move in to his capital for a killing blow.

08.jpg

My expansion to his west empire went unresisted. I'm not sure what's his gameplan was with these colonies, instead of leaving the economy alone, he's spend quite a fortune to develop eco, letting me capture them for 10 credits per point.

I sincerely doubt he recouped the initial investment cost.

RK47

Patron
Flee before me
Another hour another tactical retreat by 8ball.

01.jpg

Don't know how's he going to make a come back. Probably a last stand with massive fleet waiting for us at the end of his star systems.
Getting a star gate up on Sirius though, so I can reinforce quicker.

02.jpg

A 12 hour journey cut down to just under 5h. Worth it.

03.jpg

It's hopeless for him. Once he loses his core cities, my research would outpace his, and the warpgates combined with double industrial power deflects his Weapons IV advantage.

RK47

Patron
Capital
04.jpg

ZetaAzel captured, a rich world.
And scientists goes closer to Weapons IV. Finishing research in 10 hours. Holding ground till Research complete.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom