Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incoming...DragonShard Single-player demo

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Shagnak said:
Majesty was great. Wasn't there a sequel being developed?
Yes, Shagnak, it was called Majesty Legends and was going to use a fully 3D engine; but according to most sources it was cancelled a long time ago.

Cyberlore went on to produce games like Playboy : The Mansion. Aren't you glad?

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
obediah said:
I'm pretty sure I saw the ad for this and the tagline was:

'September 2006, Atari takes another big shit on your childhood.'

But, really what would you expect from a company that bought it's name specfically to shit all over all of our childhoods.

That's fucking AWESOME!! Well said!

Ryuken

Liturgist
I tried the multiplayer beta/demo on Fileplanet a while ago, and it wasn't impressive idd. Battle Realms ruled, period. But Liquid doesn't have it anymore it seems, even the unit animations are so simple and boring (anyone noticed how the Umbragen share a lot of the looks of the Lotus Clan out of BR?).

The building stuff sounded cool on paper, since neighbouring buildings influence each other and such but in the game itself it is barely noticeable. It doesn't work out for an rts, even EA will change their similar, limited way of building in the BfME sequel. Nah, Dragonshard doesn't even surpass Armies of Exigo.

Want D&D combined with strategy? Try Birthright, a sort of a limited Total War-like experience (+ adventure part) avant la lettre. The rts battles were only more like real-time chessplay but the turnbased campaign part was extremely addictive.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, Battle Realms always crashed on me within ten minutes of me launching the game even after the token patch thingy that was released. Needless to say, I don't have a high opinion of that game.

DemonKing

Arcane
I don't know - I didn't think the Dragonshard demo was so bad - I liked the end of the second level that you have to choose which group to side with.

It's a bit weird you only get to keep one of the hero characters with you at a time though but when a cutscene shows up suddenly they're all there.

The aboveground/underground thing seems like a rip off of Armies of Exigo though.

RuySan

Augur
i was curious about this game, and the reviews that i seen were pretty positive, but i think i believe you more than anyone else. I probably spend my time better playing the warcraft 3 expansion

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom