Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - first person adventure from MachineGames and Todd Howard

Lemming42

Arcane
This looks really good. Was really happy to hear that you'll be able to choose to stealth at least some parts of the game, and the first person fist-fighting looks fun.

That said, I don't trust these people because I thought all their Wolfenstein games sort of sucked balls (though at this point I can't even remember why, I just found them profoundly boring for some reason), so cautious optimism is the name of the game.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Run-of-the-mill garbage riding on a zombie franchise's name, as was to be expected. There's nothing there that stands out or gives any reason to be even remotely interested. Not even the graphics look good. Gameplay looks like it's made for retards and almost non-existent in the trailer. The "Puzzle" shown is placing a huge cog wheel to an obvious slot, durrr. And that scene with jumping from a fighter plane wing on another, don't get me started how shit that looked...

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
Was mildly interested but after seeing the wonderful “diversity” of some of the developers in the deep dive video I have little hope - it’s likely Indy will be an emasculated shell of a man lead around by the nose by the lesbian reporter character.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh great, another main character voiced by a tired Troy Baker. There must be dozens of voice actors that sound more like Ford, can give a better performance, and are boatloads cheaper.

Also the money shot in the trailer is jumping from one plane to another, the very first thing you do in MachineGames first Wolfenstein...
Yeah, hearing Troy Baker is very very off-putting. So tired of his voice, and I don't think it fits Indy.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Random people on YT who could mimic Ford's voice. They never talent scout or whatever it's called, the big devs.

Hellion

Arcane
Can't wait to see the iconic action hero being rescued/outsmarted/humiliated by the strong female sidekick again.

Stealth gameplay will be nice if it's properly implemented throughout the game and not a gimmick that you can try in 1-2 locations only. I'm also curious about the game's AI, in the trailer we can see a guard just vibing in the background while Indy is fighting two other guards near him.

negator2vc

Scholar
One looks at the "senior narrative designer" (2nd video) and you already know that this is an Indiana Jones game in name only.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Having the female sidekick is just going to open up this game to even more (likely unfavorable) comparisons to Fate of Atlantis. Plot and writing makes or breaks Indiana Jones video games, and these two trailers so far have not shown much strength in either area.

I also don't like giving Indy a "magic" whip that can do weird tricks. Seems too much fan-service to the point of cringe.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Solving fiendish puzzles

Fiendishpuzzle.gif

:prosper:

Elthosian

Arcane
I like that they went first person, somewhat distances it a bit from my notion of an Uncharted popamole clone. I'll check back at release to see if it's worth a shot, as many other aspects (level design, AI, puzzles, etc.) could still end up being shit.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The developer interviews, the voice over performances, it all sounds tired and uninspired. Also first person is the wrong approach, its terrible for platforming, for melee combat, for traversal and exploration, the only advantage is for gunfights.

DemonKing

Arcane
Also first person is the wrong approach, its terrible for platforming, for melee combat, for traversal and exploration, the only advantage is for gunfights.
In the deep dive video they show the game going to 3rd person for traversal/platforming.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If Machinehead likes their nazis so much, they should have done this as a game instead.

Although after playing them, you could make a compelling case that the new Wolfenstein were exactly this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom