Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News inXile admit that Torment stretch goal content has been cut, including companions

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
Where was it stated that it's backers fault that they failed to deliver?

I should clearly have used more words. "Your fault for trusting them, not their fault for reneging." Thought it was obvious enough that I didn't need to but whatevs.
FFS grow a FUCKING pair. You fucking knew that things can change during development and they are not even obliged to bring us a working product... It was clearly stated.

Of course they are obliged to give backers a working product lol. Even the shittiest, smallest kickstarters better deliver something no matter how shit or it's jail/lawsuit time. It isn't a fucking charity.

Parabalus

Arcane
I realized that InXile reminds me uncannily of Crooked Hillary. The scandals aren't even that bad, forgivable, but they just have to keep lying about it like a pathological little bitch, until it blows up, when they could have preempted the shit with a vague PR statement and nothing would have come out of it.

Prime Junta

FFS grow a FUCKING pair. You fucking knew that things can change during development and they are not even obliged to bring us a working product... It was clearly stated.

Yup. They've also been banging their chest about community involvement and open development and how important the fans are to them and yadda yadda yadda.

Once again: either do your level best to deliver on your promises, or come clean about why you couldn't. Pumping up stretch goals to get people to give you their hard-earned and the going LOL J/K when it's time to deliver is a dick move.

To all of you cry babies now crying about integrity and promises, I would like to remind you that POE kept all of its promises and ended up shitier for it.[

Can any of you peeps say with a straight face that POE ended up better because of: Stronhold, Stupid Mega dungeon, Redundant second city (didn't have to to fully finish first), many clases in a completely new system and many companions on top...

That's irrelevant. If you go on Kickstarter and put up stretch goals in order to get people to give you their money, you're expected to do your best to deliver on those stretch goals. That's the trade-off you're making. If you don't like it, don't go on Kickstarter, or don't put up stretch goals. If you put up shit stretch goals and your product suffers as a result, well that's just too bad. Cake, have, eat and all that. It's pretty simple really.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Once again: either do your level best to deliver on your promises, or come clean about why you couldn't. Pumping up stretch goals to get people to give you their hard-earned and the going LOL J/K when it's time to deliver is a dick move.

Listen Fargo is not your BFF, bestie, fuckbudie, neighbour etc... His openess costs his company money, which could be used to finance new products. Your expectations are unrealistic.

That's irrelevant. If you go on Kickstarter and put up stretch goals in order to get people to give you their money, you're expected to do your best to deliver on those stretch goals. That's the trade-off you're making. If you don't like it, don't go on Kickstarter, or don't put up stretch goals. If you put up shit stretch goals and your product suffers as a result, well that's just too bad. Cake, have, eat and all that. It's pretty simple really.

Even if it reduces the quality of the end product significantly? (I do not have proof that's its the case here, just talking about a priciple) Do you know that some times stuff just doesn't work out? Anyway, if that's the case I am glad they shoved their middle findger down you ass. Go play POE for all that stretched greatness...

Prime Junta

Listen Fargo is not your BFF, bestie, fuckbudie, neighbour etc... His openess costs his company money, which could be used to finance new products. Your expectations are unrealistic.

Reneging on his promises also costs him money. I backed T:ToN at $150 and have already requested a refund. I will not back any future inXile projects. The general rule of thumb is that it costs seven times as much to get a new customer as it takes to keep an existing one. They way they have handled this has not been good for their business.

Even if it reduces the quality of the end product significantly? (I do not have proof that's its the case here, just talking about a priciple)

Yes.

Once again: if you go to Kickstarter, that's the deal you make. If you make careless promises and your product suffers as a result, that's your fault.

Do you know that some times stuff just doesn't work out?

Goodness, you mean sometimes it doesn't? You don't say?

Anyway, if that's the case I am glad they shoved their middle findger down you ass. Go play POE for all that stretched greatness...

Temper temper.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
To all of you cry babies now crying about integrity and promises, I would like to remind you that POE kept all of its promises and ended up shitier for it.

Can any of you peeps say with a straight face that POE ended up better because of: Stronhold, Stupid Mega dungeon, Redundant second city (didn't have to to fully finish first), many clases in a completely new system and many companions on top...

And of course adding 3 extra companions would have made the game HORRIBLE, I mean FUCKING SHIT for 3 companions, a bigger city and orchestrated music. And what is even more laughable is that they say "well, we can write 5 companions but not 8, not a single writer in the world could make 3 extra and maintain the quality".

And then, the white knights appears to justify a retarded PR statement. GTFO inxile and the retards that defend or see that decision as anything else that isn't cutting costs.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

Reneging on his promises also costs him money. I backed T:ToN at $150 and have already requested a refund. I will not back any future inXile projects. The general rule of thumb is that it costs seven times as much to get a new customer as it takes to keep an existing one. They way they have handled this has not been good for their business.

Because of what? Lost goo companion or hurt feelings?

Do you know that some times stuff just doesn't work out?

Goodness, you mean sometimes it doesn't? You don't say?

So you want suff to that the company wanted to add, but it didin't work out?

CRD

Cipher
Patron

oh no no no, people here doesn't want that because.

1- We are sure that they could have worked out (even the shitty crafting) but they just cutted content for money
2- People is seething because they lied to the backers and hided essential information until someone put them between the sword and the wall.

But, you can continue to whiteknight them, maybe you can get also a photo of fargo and put it on a sex doll to suck his dick in pseudo vr, I mean you swallowed the PR lie, you can try the next tier.

Last edited:

Mustawd

You know this whole thing reminds me of that one scene in the Big Lebowski. At some point Walter's belligerence gets to The Dude, and he says something that rings true to this day: " No Walter, you're not wrong, you're just an asshole!"

There is a right way and a wrong way to inform your kickstarter backers that a stretch goal will not be met. And the right way is not to wait until a month before release, and only when multiple people point out that you've done it. It's the difference between inXile and Larian. Both are businesses. But you get the sense that one respects its customers while the other just sees them as dollar bills (or whatever currency you come from). I'll let you decide which is which.

+M

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
To all of you cry babies now crying about integrity and promises, I would like to remind you that POE kept all of its promises and ended up shitier for it.

And of course adding 3 extra companions would have made the game HORRIBLE, I mean FUCKING SHIT for 3 companions, a bigger city and orchestrated music. And what is even more laughable is that they say "well, we can write 5 companions but not 8, not a single writer in the world could make 3 extra and maintain the quality".

And then, the white knights appears to justify a retarded PR statement. GTFO inxile and the retards that defend or see that decision as anything else that isn't cutting costs.
I said on top you dumb dumb fuck. If my dog was as dumb as you I would put him down. All things in RPGs are connected. Characters should react to places, story, other characters and etc. And connectig them takes time.

oh no no no, people here doesn't want that because.

1- We are sure that they could have worked out (even the shitty crafting) but they just cut content for money
2- People is seething because they lied straight to their backers

But, you can continue to whiteknight them, maybe you can get also a photo of fargo and put it on a sex doll to suck his dick in pseudo vr, I mean you swallowed the PR lie, i'm sure you can continue with the trend.

Oh my. Crafting here is completely out of place you dumb fuck. I am not even mentioning that there are few games with a good crafting system. In a place where people don't know how to use the tech others have left behind crafting is completely retarded.

- They lied! It's all lies! You all are against me! But I know who you are and I will win eventually!!!11Hoooraaahh!
Just fucking grow a pair...

Iznaliu

Arbiter
but they just have to keep lying about it like a pathological little bitch
The difference between game development and politics is that one field has, if you do the research correctly, a collection of observations that could be called 'facts'. Politics, especially now, is long past that point.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hey mr. Virginal13lood, if you like growing balls so much, don't you think Fargo should also man up and admit what was cut in a timely manner? That is, unless he can't cause he also went ahead and cut his own balls?

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Hey mr. Virginal13lood, if you like growing balls so much, don't you think Fargo should also man up and admit what was cut in a timely manner? That is, unless he can't cause he also went ahead and cut his own balls?

No he is cynical. Like every owner/king he has to be to succeed. I am sure he waited for a time to release the info, that would minimize the damage to the sales. He has salaries to pay and projects to finance. He is not your BFF, despite the fact you keep treating him as one and feel disappointed for lack of his attention.

Prime Junta

Because of principle. You have heard of those I hope?

Please stop babbling. It's unbecoming.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

1. Because of principle. You have heard of those I hope?

2. Please stop babbling. It's unbecoming.

1. Yeah, from poor people. It's the real reason you stay poor.
2. You're full of shit.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter

1. Because of principle. You have heard of those I hope?

2. Please stop babbling. It's unbecoming.

1. Yeah, form poor people. It's the real reason you stay poor.
2. You're full of shit.

Go back to pedogayf

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Buttblasted l3loodAngel is going to battered housewife overdrive. Don't worry, dear. sea and Brother None will be there for you while you play Torment with tears in your eyes on your XBawks.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
All things in RPGs are connected. Characters should react to places, story, other characters and etc. And connectig them takes time..

so? You are saying there basically the same, they cut content because time/money, not because quality. And they are shitheads for not fulfill paid stretch goals, but the cherry on top is hiding that info to their backers until release hoping no one notices.

. I am sure he waited for a time to release the info, that would minimize the damage to the sales. He has salaries to pay and projects to finance. He is not your BFF, despite the fact you keep treating him as one and feel disappointed for lack of his attention.

He didn't wait, he was catched.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Buttblasted l3loodAngel is going to battered housewife overdrive. Don't worry, dear. sea and Brother None will be there for you while you play Torment with tears in your eyes on your XBawks.
I personally don't give a shit about torment. I even don't believe that it's gona be that good. I just don't understand this fixation on cut content. All games have it that's why we have those restored content patches, that just show that the content was cut for reason...

Now go back to crying a river, because there is no more truth in this world. And... and... Fargo lied... and inXile lies. And its all not fair.

. I am sure he waited for a time to release the info, that would minimize the damage to the sales. He has salaries to pay and projects to finance. He is not your BFF, despite the fact you keep treating him as one and feel disappointed for lack of his attention.

He didn't wait, he was catched.

For me same shit and you don't know that!

1. Yeah, form poor people. It's the real reason you stay poor.
2. You're full of shit.

"Bioware isn't dumbing down RPGs. These are just business decision. The company must make a profit."

Yes cutting shitty content is dumbing down. You could writte about it in thread Torment goes to consoles, but here?

All things in RPGs are connected. Characters should react to places, story, other characters and etc. And connectig them takes time..

so? You are saying there basically the same, they cut content because time/money, not because quality. And they are shitheads for not fulfill paid stretch goals, but the cherry on top is hiding that info to their backers until release hoping no one notices.

Retard all content is cut because of money. And only money (because you know TIME = money). You could theoretically make anything work with infinite budget, but I don't of anyone who has it.

No he is cynical.
So why should we grow balls to accept getting fucked in the ass, instead of being cynical ourselves?

Fucked in the ass how exactly? I just don't see it. Some content was cut because it had to go. That's it. All games/movies have it.

Let's try again. Fargo is not your BFF. He doesn't owe you attention or cudles. He owes a product that he will deliver.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom