Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Iron Harvest - RTS set in alternate reality of 1920+ from KING Art Games

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Robert Jarzebina, Nov 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alpharius Educated

Alpharius
    The finals of 5000€ tourney the devs organized are currently on. First play-offs were yesterday, second ones are today and the final finals will be tomorrow. The pro Starcraft, Warcraft, etc. players that devs invited (for some cash apparently) to compete against the dudes that beaten the qualifiers have quickly gotten rekt after two 10-minute games, because they apparently didn't bother to play the game for more than a few hours before the tourney. :hahano:

Stream is here if anyone is interested. https://www.twitch.tv/taketv

^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.pcgamer.com/iron-harvest-review/

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. a Goat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

a Goat
    I hear conflicting stories, some people say it's COH2 but dumber and with mechs.

^ Top  
  5. 80s Stallone Arcane

80s Stallone
    Lol at that rating. The game is not finished. This is game is dead on arrival.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
  7. a Goat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

a Goat
    According to negative steam reviews:
    -pathfinding issues are abundant(common in RTS tho, would have to look it up to see how bad it is)
    -promised coop campaign(apparently?) cut or not implemented
    -ladder system and matchmaking "coming soon"
    -very few skirmish/multiplayer maps(3 for 1v1, 2 for 2v2, 1 for 3v3...)
    -apparently there isn't much change from the open beta in content etc.
    -some unit selections issues(???), units that are already selected stay selected even if you select others with control group, don't understand how on earth does it work(would have to play it)
    -controls in general are clunky

Who on earth gave it such high scores?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Is there any other campaigns or do i have to play with the irish cumdumpster? The game looks interesting but i do enjoy a good campaign in my RTS games. That shit head looks mighty annoying,thus if it is the only campaign,then not worth downloading.

^ Top  
  9. a Goat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

a Goat
    allegedly there are 3 campaings, but I didn't check(lol imagine shelling this many shekels for what seems to be 2nd rate CoH spinoff)

^ Top  
  10. frajaq Arbiter

frajaq
    game is looking scuffed not gonna lie

^ Top  
  11. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    so, a whole game about what the codex hates more about silent storm and modern rpgs in general? wow.

^ Top  
  12. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    Their Steam page is just a bunch of promises about what they'll include in the game eventually, in direct violation of how Steam requires you to list features actually in the game (for anything not in Early Access).

Fucking lol.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Phinx Educated

Phinx
    No multiplayer co-op, and I saw a Japanese dude complaining that there is no support for Japanese/translation implemented in the game. This will most likely get ugly if they don't do something about it.

^ Top  
  14. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    Lol they'll just remove the text from the store description and ignore everything. Also there's no description for their "deluxe" edition and looking at GoG, it's

God, crappy publishers/devs give this industry a bad name.

^ Top  
  15. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Ahh i don't care about those features as long as the game is good and has a nice campaign,will give it a try.

^ Top  
  16. Blutwurstritter Learned

Blutwurstritter
    Did someone try it ? Is the campaign any good or not ?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. RNGsus fed up taxi driver Patron

RNGsus
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Several factions of Polania rebels.

^ Top  
  18. Murk Arcane

Murk
    Game is actually less interesting to me now than it was previously -- been watching a guy who plays CoH2 (pretty well, for that matter) play this and while he enjoys it, it's easy to see that it is definitely unfinished.

^ Top  
  19. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Fuck,i played like 3-4 missions and deleted this garbage. The game is really shit,the AI is retarded,most units are useless,the enemy just spawns wave after wave of enemies,the "great hero",the dev's read head fetish girl is useless later on. The broken cover system is the main problem of the game,it is made with the idea of you commanding 1-4 squads and being able to manually position them,but you end up controlling groups of few squads each,thus they just end up sitting exposed while only one squad gets in position. Also infantry is useless once the enemy begins spamming flamethrower mechs,and anti-armour cannons are garbage because they don't have a rotation that allows them to face the direction the enemy is coming while having extremely small vision window. When you click on enemy for cannons to attack,well they decide that they should just unpack the cannon and move next to that enemy so they could shoot it. The game also lacks a healer unit that could patch up your units after a battle thus you end up running back to base to "heal" the unit,while the enemy is just spamming enemy without care for resources lol.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.