Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is It ........... A Mirage ???

elander_

Arbiter
I think i'm going to stop playing rpgs and fps and focus or adventure games for some time. This seams to be where we can find good writing.

MetalCraze

Arcane
notice how many good titles under the "exclusives" part and how much shit started to appear as soon as you've reached multiplatform

also - alan wake - multiplatform? crying emo shit 100% just like max payne 2

Lumpy

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
Dark Individual said:
Lesifoere said:
All the adventure titles make me weep happy, happy tears.

Are you wet?

Weren't you the one who suggested to treat the women on this forum with a bit more respect?
Yes. He's also the one who treats them disrespectfully with every occasion.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
on the topic of ja3 said:
The game is built on a modified Silent Storm engine with updated graphics, improved physics, FX, and damage model.
fuck yeah
/me hugs his pc

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dark Individual said:
Lesifoere said:
All the adventure titles make me weep happy, happy tears.

Are you wet?

I guess that's a prime example of why you have two dumbfuck tags under your screen name...

Some of those games look like they'll have wonderful art, mostly 2D games. Some of those games look very promising, promising enough to almost entice me back to gaming in my spare time.

Keldorn

Scholar
The important thing is that hope is indeed on the horizon, and the coast is relatively clear for the alternative/indie CRPG scene.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
I dunno, I'll be honest in saying that I rather like Will Wright. He isn't very prolific of a designer and I definitely don't know that I would go so far as to call him a genius though. However, his games are at least very finished when they hit the shelf. What has he made that's so bad? I mean, I feel sure almost everybody around here hates the Sims. But, come on, it's not like you can really say it was a buggy piece of shit with no value to anyone when it came out, even if it isn't to your tastes.

There does seem to be some neat stuff in there amongst some of the not so neat looking stuff on that list though.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Kaiserin said:
But, come on, it's not like you can really say it was a buggy piece of shit with no value to anyone when it came out, even if it isn't to your tastes.

I admit I played it for one month after it came out until I realised it was just a glorified toybox with no real purpose. Plus the economy wasn't very well balanced and from what I heard the plethora of add-ons made things worse, forcing you to use the money cheat if you wanted your minions to properly enjoy their new toys.

In all honesty I can't say The Sims is a bad game because it did not feel like a game. It reminded me of Black and White with many concepts but a poor execution.

I imagine Spore will be the same thing but I did not follow recent development.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Kaiserin said:
it's not like you can really say it was a buggy piece of shit with no value to anyone when it came out, even if it isn't to your tastes.

I won't say that it was buggy

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Untitled Carbine Studios MMORPG
Carbine is a team composed of RPG veterans(including Blizzard ones) like Tim Cain
(one of creators of Fallout and Arcanum) and Jeremy Gaffney (founder of Turbine)

WTF?

Where the hell is my NWN2: Chult game. Fucking Atari. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom