Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is there a MMO that's basically just medieval field battles?

Finster

Literate
I want to be a soldier amongst an army of hundreds and clash with an enemy force in an open field. Like in the movies (yes I know that was mostly not historically accurate, but awesome). Also, it should be set in the (late) medieval period, with plate armor, poleaxes etc. but no gay magic or unrealistic equipment like 10 ft Japanese fantasy swords and chainmail bikinis.

Gloria Victis was a game where this was possible but A) the game was shut down and B) players were too worried about losing gear, so all battles were just boring sieges where one army camped in a tower and the other spent one hour breaking the gate open.

I neither want medieval-themed battles on small CoD maps with flags, houses, objectives, and only 20 players, as seen in games like Mordhau, Chivalry, and Bannerlord. I literally just want an open field and 200 vs. 200 (preferably even more) players combatting each other.

Does ANYONE know a game like that?:negative:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
World of Warcraft battlegrounds are kinda like that. I loved them. But there weren't many when I played so I quit after a month.

Dr1f7

Scholar
M&B probably has a mod like crpg that does this
idk if crpg still exists but it was a mod that basically had what you're asking for and gave mmo like progression for playing, was fun
i don't have M&B2 but possibly that game has a mod like this as well, though i know nothing about that game

that's your only option afaik

Finster

Literate
Mount & Blade multiplayer servers

M&B probably has a mod like crpg that does this
idk if crpg still exists but it was a mod that basically had what you're asking for and gave mmo like progression for playing, was fun
i don't have M&B2 but possibly that game has a mod like this as well, though i know nothing about that game

that's your only option afaik

Yeah so Mount & Blade Bannerlord has some custom mods that come pretty close to what I want, mainly the BRE mod/event. I really like the battles with that mod, but they happen only 1-2 times per week. I hoped that there maybe is a game where I can join large battles more often and spontaneously, and also customize my own character (armor, weapons, skills) like in an RPG. You can't really do that in the BRE mod, you are restricted to a handful of options preset by the big clans. Also ( I know this is complaining on a high level) these mods often look too cartoonish for me, for example BRE mod is clearly inspired by Warhammer and the high middle ages while I prefer Gothic armor and stuff from the late medieval periods.

mord

Novice
Lineage series of games, most recent one being Throne and Liberty(open beta happening out right now until July 23rd, out in September), a namechange to trick casuals into the endless grind and wallet dominating. There is magic but sadly no nude girls running around anymore..

Finster

Literate

I appreciate your time to reply, but that game is trash. It is just Call of Duty with swords. I want the real historical battle experience, with hundreds of players simultaneously on an open field, no objectives and capture the flag shit. Those factions aren't even from the same historical period.

fuzz

Liturgist
First three months after launch/reset are a blast, I usually lose interest after that. If you're not playing currently, I'd wait for S3. S2 launched in October last year.

musouking

Novice
Patron
I dunno blood of NPCs controlled by human player can satisfy you or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom