Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Is Troika Dead?

Lemon

Arcane
dojoteef said:
Lemon said:
its from one of the fellows who worked on Bloodlines.
So why do Odin (who posted the story) and Briosafreak say the message is completely anonymous? What, are you the one that sent that quote in, or are you just pulling this shit out of your ass?

Oh, the NMA bit wasn't my posting.

Kotario

Liturgist
The time difference is enough that someone could have got the information from your very post Lemon (and I'm accounting for the time of the actual anonymous news submission, not the time of the news post).

I'm skeptical myself, as I suppose most people are.

Pope_Viper

Novice
On our thread over on NMA, one of the Troika Developers, Marshmonkey, posted this:

Time to pop the champagne Exitium

Whether this can be regarded as confirmation, is anyones guess.

Fez

Erudite
So it's confirmed then? Exitium killed Trokia! :shock:

bryce777

Erudite
Exitium said:
EA's buying everything these days and they don't seem to have anything good to show for all the money they have. There are a couple of EA titles I'm looking forward to, though: The Godfather, and the upcoming real-time strategy game which Chris Taylor and that Gas Powered Games agreed to have EA publish for them.

He's calling the game what he wanted TA2 to be.

You have to be joking. based ont he movie? Either way, sounds awful

May as well have a realtime strategy game about internet browsing.

Avé

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Looks like I'm right.
Have to gloat?

I still dont remember anyone saying "HAHAHAHA YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG EXITIUM", I do remember people saying the evidence wasnt the best, and it was a good idea to wait until the official announcement.

Actually, how are you right, since you didnt predict this, NMA & David Marsh did?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I wasn't gloating, numbnuts.

Did you misread what I wrote? The Godfather game and the new Chris Taylor RTS are completely different.

Avé

Liturgist
Exitium said:
I wasn't gloating, numbnuts.

Did you misread what I wrote? The Godfather game and the new Chris Taylor RTS are completely different.
Yes you are.

What else do you call saying "I'm right", when all you said was copied from NMA & David Marsh posts?

You werent right, they were.

Avé

Liturgist
Exitium said:
So basically I'm wrong and Troika isn't closing?
Here's the quote from your original post

"According to posters at the MapCore forums, one of whom works as a mapper at Troika, David Marsh, everyone at Troika has been laid off because Activision pulled their funding for the company."

Saying you're right, is like saying someone who copy & pasted the answer to a complex maths equation is right.
The data is right, YOU arent.

If CNN said Iraq had nukes, and you pasted that here, and it later turned out Iraq did have nukes, are you saying you would have been right, and not CNN?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If CNN said Iraq had nukes, and you pasted that here, and it later turned out Iraq did have nukes, are you saying you would have been right, and not CNN?"

If he agreed with CNN's assessment; sure.

Avé

Liturgist
Volourn said:
"If CNN said Iraq had nukes, and you pasted that here, and it later turned out Iraq did have nukes, are you saying you would have been right, and not CNN?"

If he agreed with CNN's assessment; sure.
But Exitium never posted anything contrary to popular opinion.

In fact, what he said was "My take on this whole Troika issue would be that everybody except the bosses got laid off and they're just a shell, like Interplay is."
Which wouldnt appear to have been either proven or disproven, no?

He also said
"Troika lives, but starts producing action-oriented console titles or mmorpgs instead of RPGs."
Which would appear to be incorrect.

In fact, no-one even attempted to deny that the staff had been laid off, all ANYONE said was that we didnt have the facts yet, and to not make up our minds until we had them.

The only person who posted that troika's staff hadnt been laid off, is Ex himself in this quote "So, who's going to deny that they weren't laid off now? Hmm?"

Coming back on to the thread and gloating that he was right, when he still doesnt know all the facts, nor do the one's known correspond to his ideas, and saying it as if everyone here believed that Troika hadnt laid off its staff and he was some kind of TROIKA MESSIAH, when no-one said they definitely hadnt laid off the staff is idiotic in the extreme.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I said Troika closed its doors. I was right. Some people doubted me, yet, I was right. I am right. I'm not gloating, I'm just right. Get it into your thick skull. If I'm wrong then Troika isn't closing its doors and you can all go home.

Hajo

Liturgist
/me bows in Exitiums direction

I'm glad that you feel good.

But, is it important to be right?

Life is a path. Just set one step after the other. You set the pace, you set the direction. Or trust in your fate to guide you. You'll grow with each step.

From being wrong, you can learn a lot. From being right you don't learn new things.

I wish you good luck on your path.

Fez

Erudite
Ooops, I thought this was the Codex, not a Tibetan monastery.

Go back home Dalai Lama. The Golden Child was a shitfest of a film and no one likes your lot any more. The Chinese want to have a word.

M0rphz0rz

Novice
Exitium said:
I said Troika closed its doors. I was right.
Where is the official announcement? Where is the proof? Am I missing something here?

An anonymous e-mail that looks damn fishy to me and a sarcastic comment by one of Troika's ex-employees who's been laid off weeks ago ... How can you be so sure you are right? And why do you have to be so smug about it?

:roll:

In all probability, Troika is in deep shit. It might have closed its doors already. The problem is, we don't know that for sure. Yet, the title of your news post reads "Troika Closes Its Doors", as if it was an established fact. There's a difference between probability and certainty.

Now, when we get an official announcement about Troika's fate, and it turns out they have indeed ceased to exist, then you can give us your "See? I told you so!" speech. It's a little too early to claim victory.

Avé

Liturgist
Exitium said:
I said Troika closed its doors.
Re-read your original posts.
You never mentioned closing their doors.

The only place you mentioned it was in the recent topic, again, where you didnt post anything contrary to popular opinion but just regurgitated what you read on other sites.

"NMA have posted an anonymous e-mail that purports that Troika are having a liquidation sale...."

"OMG I WAS RIGHT I WAS RIGHT, I WAS RIGHT THAT TROIKA WERE HAVING A LIQUIDATION SALE!!!!"

(actually, if troika has been completely liquidated, your original opinions would be wrong, but in your haste to get 1up on all the people didnt say it wasnt true, you seem to have forgotten that)

Avé

Liturgist
Exitium said:
What are you arguing about? I don't fucking get it.
I love the sweet sweet scent of predictability.

You dont dissapoint ex.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Avè said:
Exitium said:
What are you arguing about? I don't fucking get it.
I love the sweet sweet scent of predictability.

You dont dissapoint ex.

First of all I don't know what you're arguing about. You're arguing for the sake of arguing when there's no subject worth arguing about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom