Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline It's December!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
1701558927222.png

Padoru

Modron

Arcane
It's that time of year again where I ask the staff (and they ignore me) to make temporary ratings appear at the end of the list instead of the start which shifts around all the other ratings quite a bit since there are several rows of them.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I am not saying we should collectively lie to children to undermine our own authority on the truth and gift them trust issues, but we should acknowledge that those lies have an origin somewhere.
I have no idea why Western people decided to make up stories of santa claws, easter bunnies, tooth fairies and other crap to fool their kids until they are "old enough". I'm pretty sure it's a purely Protestard thing, and it does not exist at all in Orthodox countries.

Christmas is also specifically focused on celebrating the birth of Christ, and not with all the random "secular" festivities (those are associated with New Years Day).

I suggest Western Christians to adopt the Orthodox system. It is clearly superior.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I am not saying we should collectively lie to children to undermine our own authority on the truth and gift them trust issues, but we should acknowledge that those lies have an origin somewhere.
I have no idea why Western people decided to make up stories of santa claws, easter bunnies, tooth fairies and other crap to fool their kids until they are "old enough". I'm pretty sure it's a purely Protestard thing, and it does not exist at all in Orthodox countries.

Christmas is also specifically focused on celebrating the birth of Christ, and not with all the random "secular" festivities (those are associated with New Years Day).

I suggest Western Christians to adopt the Orthodox system. It is clearly superior.
In terms of Christmas I agree.

My own birthday is *CENSORED* though. I'd hate for there to be some kind of overlap in terms of planning or presents or whatever. Although we never really did Christmas presents. We and most other Dutch people used to use Saint Nicholas birthday for that stuff.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom