Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jade Empire: Special Edition in Jan 2007

Shodan

Novice
I'd choose self-castration over Bioware's crap. I gave up after Kotor, which has left a black spot on my RPG soul.

Leo Valesko

Novice
I haven’t played the game yet, but its artwork really sucks. Especially comparison to beautiful concept-art made by eastern artists like Amano and Tetsua Nomura from SQUARE enix. Bio-bitches should brutally execute half of their staff in order to give those guys any competition.

As for the game’s reviews and highlights – it’s just another goddamn idiotic Bio-look at Good&Evil. BTW it’s just a great way to introduce their unsophisticated barbarian nature to those who are fond of eastern history and culture.

Though my opinion may change after I’ll have a look at the game, I dislike the whole idea of bio- dumbheads doing anything except another “Jack and the Dragon” story.

mlc82

Scholar
I'll probably try this one out once the price drops on it... I liked KOTOR anyway, even with it's faults it was a hell of a lot better than any of the last 3 Star Wars movies that were released, not that's really much of a compliment though.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Especially combat given how frequent it is."

Combat in JE is much less frequent than any previous BIO offering nor do you tend to see a mass of enemies ala the older games.

Also, ANYONE who thinks KOTOR is even SLIGHLTY better than JE is the dumbest person to ever pick up a controller, or a mouse.

Morons. All of them.

Leo Valesko

Novice
ANYONE who thinks KOTOR is even SLIGHTLY better than anything except NWN is the moron anyway.

And the most stinking shit in the Universe is the “classical epic-RPG fabula” with a chosen one hero saving-the-world from the cataclysm. Whatever it’s Easy or West. It’s all the same if you put thing in this way.

Zlaja

Arcane
ANYONE who thinks KOTOR is even SLIGHLTY better than JE is the dumbest person to ever pick up a controller, or a mouse.

The combat system in JE is so poorly executed that I would like to claim that KOTOR is fucking decent in comparicy. And the only shit Bioware provided you in the game was those stupid gems that gave you some bonus like: Charm +1, Health +2, Defence +3. Fucking exiting. I'm not saying I want some "über sword of pre-mature ejaculation +2" but since you're playing in third person perspective it did get quit old running around in the same crappy outfit all the time.
And yes, it's possible to complete the game by just using 2-3 different styles. When I played I didn't even care to uppgrade some of the skilles beacuse they were so bloody useless. I also noticed that your companions were pretty bad and only came to some real use if you let them use their support abillities to heal you.

Sure, KOTOR had plenty of issues as well but Bioware did create a better story and atmosphere than in JE. And no, no way was the choice/consequence factor designed better than in KOTOR. Those 3 dialogue skills are just a smokescreen. There's really nothing there.

Besides being incredibly linear the game ended really quickly. Which when I think of it might have been JE strongest asset.

Leo Valesko

Novice
That's the reasons why I dislike the whole idea of mixing CRPG and JRPG. All of the major games introduced in such a manner was lame (FFX-2, KOTOR for examples). But KOTOR2 had something intresting deep in it's unfinished, raw core. I hope to see KOTOR3 as a hard-core CRPG someday.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"ANYONE who thinks KOTOR is even SLIGHTLY better than anything except NWN is the moron anyway."

ANYONE who thinks KOTOR is even SLIGHTLY better than NWN is a moron.

"Sure, KOTOR had plenty of issues as well but Bioware did create a better story and atmosphere than in JE. And no, no way was the choice/consequence factor designed better than in KOTOR. Those 3 dialogue skills are just a smokescreen. There's really nothing there."

Complete idiocy.

Araanor

Liturgist
I tried it out briefly on Kris' xboks. Can't say I cared much for it. But hey, Volourn is defending it. It's got to have something... Right?

Zlaja

Arcane
Volourn: Only a true retard like yourself would hold JE in such high regard. Quit making a god damn fool out of yourself.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Only a true retard like yourself would think I actually care what you think.

R00fles!

Lumpy

Arcane
Volourn said:
Only a true retard like yourself would think I actually care what you think.

R00fles!
If you don't care what everyone else thinks... what's the point of posting here?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I like reading my posts. They so pretty.

"what's the point of posting here?"

- pass time

- like rpgs

- like laughing at morons

- reading others' opinions is always cool even if different

- just ebcause i don't care what others' think doesn't mean i don't care to slap them down when they show their stupidity

- i wanna see how long i can last before being banned or censored

- i wanna see how many people on the net can say 'they lost respect for me', or 'how worse i'v egotten' or some other silly nonsense

- it's fun

R00fles!

obediah

Erudite
Leo Valesko said:
That's the reasons why I dislike the whole idea of mixing CRPG and JRPG. All of the major games introduced in such a manner was lame (FFX-2, KOTOR for examples). But KOTOR2 had something intresting deep in it's unfinished, raw core. I hope to see KOTOR3 as a hard-core CRPG someday.

*cough* Planescape Torment *cough* - it's a classic jrpg/adventure game with some real nice CRPG flavors thrown in, and uh bg combat.

kris

Arcane
Leo Valesko said:
ANYONE who thinks KOTOR is even SLIGHTLY better than anything except NWN is the moron anyway.

Doesn't beat you then who apparently rate Oblivion higher. Impressive. Well if you don't like roleplaying then you don't.

Leo Valesko

Novice
Doesn't beat you then who apparently rate Oblivion higher. Impressive. Well if you don't like roleplaying then you don't.

Got me there :) I have nothing against NWN as an engine to create AD&D-worlds but the official single-campaign is –awful-.

Oblivion is just another bad FPS. I don't even rate it as an any RPG.

*cough* Planescape Torment *cough* - it's a classic jrpg/adventure game with some real nice CRPG flavors thrown in, and uh bg combat. .

I agree. But the “nice CRPG flavors” in PT was put well-enough unlike KOTOR2. One of the main problems in KOTOR is a generatable character with a strict story line. While in PT or any almost JRPG main character have his personality and traits – KOTOR’s 1 Revan and “great Jedi general” in KOTOR 2 is just another rag-dolls who simply don’t fit in the storyline.

Lumpy

Arcane
obediah said:
Leo Valesko said:

*cough* Planescape Torment *cough* - it's a classic jrpg/adventure game with some real nice CRPG flavors thrown in, and uh bg combat.
In what way was PST a jRPG?

obediah

Erudite
Lumpy said:
obediah said:
Leo Valesko said:

adventure-game-itis.
play TNO, rather than play your character.
highly stylized NPC's.
FFVII-like spell animations

I could do better, but it's been 7 years since I played it.

Araanor

Liturgist
It's fully arguable that it's pulled inspiration from jrpgs, but it has about, oh, infinitely more choices than your common garden-variety jrpg.

Leo Valesko

Novice

A linear plot with a strict restriction in world’s map exploration and party dialogues. Although PST had a great amount of side quests and dialogues – it still have a lot in common with any good JRPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom