Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance 3 announced

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What pozzed does even mean?

Derived from HIV Positive, which in addition to the obvious association with "faggots and junkies", some ultra-left areas provide so many gibmedats for it's not unknown for people to deliberately get infected.

The deliberate infection thing isn't even caused by gibs. Bug chasing is a gay fetish, perhaps based on self-hatred.

0wca

Learned
They had a bunch of different angles they could have taken for the sequel. There was such a sophisticated and awesome ballistic system in the game as well as the miriad of customization options both character-wise and gear-wise. It was tactical game HEAVEN.

But instead we're getting X-COM Wakanda. Fuck me.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Looks a fair bit more sophisticated than nuXcom. No doubt they dumbed down stuff, but they appear to have retained at least some mechanics of JA2, such as different stances, action points, being able to aim at different body parts and spend action points to improve accuracy.
Phoenix Point also had a lot of stuff like that planned but the retarded CM who was posting here on the 'dex somehow persuaded Gollop to get rid of proper AP and forced him to integrate many retarded features of nuxcom like classes. As a bonus, they removed all of their initial unique art style and replaced it with generic "I made my first model" futuristic 3D shit.
Actually it was more David Kaye's (President of Snapshot games) doing, than the CM's.
The CM told me that confidentially and I respected that, but since he no longer works for Snapshot Games I feel there is no harm in telling this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom