Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance 3D Conflicting Info

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
LlamaGod said:
One of the best TB games ever made, HEY I GOT AN IDEA, LETS MAKE IT REAL TIME!!!

Because you know, that worked out great for X-Com too.

That's what I don't get. Name one turn based game computer game franchise that's been made real time where it actually worked out. So far, it hasn't with very good reason. You're alienating the original fan base for the game, the guys who are the sure sales, in an attempt to lure in sales from people who have no interest in the game.

Fez

Erudite
The only one I can think of is Dune, though that's pushing it a bit.

Thorndyke

Novice
I'm just waiting for the first moron to shout "Don't be so hard on JA:3D, man! It's not meant to be JA3!! But buy it anyway, because the money will be spent on a worthy JA3!!!"

God, I saw shit like this happen one too many times.

Odin

Novice
This doesn't really come as a surprise to me, but the fact that Strategy First aren't in the know about the game surprises me.

That being said the screenshots look awefull, compare that to Silent Storm and you'll see what I mean. Right now I would rather see Nival develop a new Jagged Alliance.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah, Nival kicks the shit out of Mistland South. I'm looking forward to Nival's HOMM5 and Night Watch. They should be good, and if anything they'll live up to Nival's standards.

Kizmiaz

Novice
Well, I don't mind Nival developing it, I guess.
BUT, if JoWood will be the European publisher, ( and responsible for voice-acting and such), I just don't know.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It's a non-issue at this point given that Mistland South is developing it and Strategy First is generally as bad as JoWood when it comes to voice acting.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
i-Deal Games had this to say about the whole situation.
Heh. Sure salt is necessary, but for a bit other purpose - this guy is very gentle to his ex-employer in this article...

P.S: I'll no wonder if SF not controls JA3D developers already - there are rumours between russian developers that they failed fund this project and now there is side sponsor, who interfere in conceptual design of game from his own point of view...
Looks like SFI dropped the ball.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom