Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Jeff Vogel Interview

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Serious_Business said:
I didn't know he had kids, too. This is bad idea, Vogel. Why have kids? There's already too much people on the planet.

I hate faggots like you. If you think we're overpopulated, feel free to help by jumping off a cliff.

Mastermind said:
Serious_Business said:
I didn't know he had kids, too. This is bad idea, Vogel. Why have kids? There's already too much people on the planet.

I hate faggots like you. If you think we're overpopulated, feel free to help by jumping off a cliff.

Wouldn't it be more logical for him to through you off the cliff instead? Reduces the population by the same extent, and he isn't the one dying.

And seriously, what kind of homophobic self-loathing do you have to have to use 'faggot' as an insult while still periodically attempting to claim the intellectual higher ground?

EvilIndie

Educated
Mastermind said:
Serious_Business said:

But it's so much smarter for people in firstworldia to have no kids then get replaced by retards from other countries who can't read and have never been part of actual civilization. That's sure to lead to a nice future.

Also, Vogel cared about making good games over money at some point? Of all the sad indie RPG scene he must be the saddest. How can I sell out and dumb down even more? There must be a way! I'll just blindly imitate blockbuster console games except with 1% of the budget, that should do the trick.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Maybe this time his game will work on my computer. Tried playing his games, but there was some major problem with all of them that put me off. I think they all slowed down to a snails pace for some reason. Shame.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Azrael the cat said:
Wouldn't it be more logical for him to through you off the cliff instead? Reduces the population by the same extent, and he isn't the one dying.

No. It's his principle so he should lead by example and more importantly he'd probably die of old age before he found me, rendering his expiration pretty pointless.

And seriously, what kind of homophobic self-loathing do you have to have to use 'faggot' as an insult while still periodically attempting to claim the intellectual higher ground?

Do you have any fucking clue as to what an actual phobia is or do you just mindlessly repeat what a bunch of media fucktwats tell you? You fucker, it's the codex. I wouldn't be here if I couldn't be as much of a douche as I wanted. There's certainly worse things people say here without getting Nanny ATC on their ass (whoops, was that homophobic too?) I certainly don't come to the codex for the good company and intellectual stimulation. I'd tell you to go suck a dick, but by the looks of it you'd take it as a compliment. :smug:

Gwendo

Augur
I still remember the good old days, when various game devs used to visit our foruns and take RPG Codex seriously... Now it's gone, no wonder why. :salute:

Gwendo said:
I still remember the good old days, when various game devs used to visit our foruns and take RPG Codex seriously... Now it's gone, no wonder why. :salute:

Come now, many of them cannot operate in any environment where they don't have a moderater to back their play. In any case, the actual line that can be crossed is a fickle thing. You cannot be constantly sitting at your keyboard trying to second guess just how far you can go with criticism, just in case it makes them pick up their toys and run off crying.

As for the scum, with the new ignore button, they can easily get rid of anyone who attacks for the sake of attacking.

HardCode

Erudite
Gwendo said:

EvilIndie

Educated
Blackadder said:
Gwendo said:

Come now, many of them cannot operate in any environment where they don't have a moderater to back their play. In any case, the actual line that can be crossed is a fickle thing. You cannot be constantly sitting at your keyboard trying to second guess just how far you can go with criticism, just in case it makes them pick up their toys and run off crying.

As for the scum, with the new ignore button, they can easily get rid of anyone who attacks for the sake of attacking.

It's more like no one mainstream even pretends to make the kind of games most codexers would like.

Though another issue why I would never link back to codex is that now the news items themselves have words like fap or even f bombs. That makes it an embarassment to be at all associated with the codex.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
EvilIndie said:
That makes it an embarassment to be at all associated with the codex.
You mean for people who make genocide simulators with gay sex scenes and people who think that beheading an old woman and putting her head on bookshelf is hilarious?

EvilIndie

Educated
Awor Szurkrarz said:
EvilIndie said:
You mean for people who make genocide simulators with gay sex scenes and people who think that beheading an old woman and putting her head on bookshelf is hilarious?

Bethesda should have no shame, but they also have mostly 13 year olds in their forums and for whatever reason you can have all the exploding heads and decapitations in the world but 6 swear words and you have the local PTA forming a lynchmob. They also seem to have long since given up pretending they make games a grownup might ever want to play or caring what their old fan base thinks.

The posts by DU are reasonable but most of VoD's read like a 10 year old with turrette's wrote the fucking thing.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
EvilIndie said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
EvilIndie said:

Bethesda should have no shame, but they also have mostly 13 year olds in their forums and for whatever reason you can have all the exploding heads and decapitations in the world but 6 swear words and you have the local PTA forming a lynchmob. They also seem to have long since given up pretending they make games a grownup might ever want to play or caring what their old fan base thinks.

The posts by DU are reasonable but most of VoD's read like a 10 year old with turrette's wrote the fucking thing.
Sounds like he's writing for the audience of their games, then.

EvilIndie

Educated
Awor Szurkrarz said:
EvilIndie said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
EvilIndie said:

Sounds like he's writing for the audience of their games, then.

He seems to be, and that's not a good thing.

Gwendo said:

The Devs have declined in their offerings and the Codexers have inclined in their levels of honesty. Isn't it obvious?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Johannes said:
So Avernum 6 is good? I've played first 3, but trying the demo of 4 I was put off by the elimination of the bigger scale map, just felt lame like running in a tube, no proper sense of exploration. What's the strength of 6 then, compared to earlier games?
never played the first three, but 6 has lot's and lots of hand crafted encounters with special stuff you need to figure out and do, plenty of ways to influence the ending, though it mostly boils down to whom you let live, and is less linear than 4 or 5, although it still is tiered.
it's much much much better than either 4 or 6.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom