Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Josh Sawyer plans to develop a historical RPG after his current project

Mustawd

It'd better be set in the Holy Roman Empire! :argh:
It'd better aim for historical accuracy! :argh:
It'd better have realistic gender roles and races (one)! :argh:

Those don't jive together.

Morkar Left

Renaissance mercenary adventurers in a "historical" magical Europe. Fuck yeah!

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Aside from the obvious, indicate which other race(s) you think inhabited medieval Europe (as anything other than the freakishly odd traveler or merchant).

HhOYyp.jpg

Mustawd

Aside from the obvious, indicate which other race(s) you think inhabited medieval Europe (as anything other than the freakishly odd traveler or merchant).

HhOYyp.jpg

I'll take, what is "None of these because none of these are peoples from the Holy Man Empire" for 500.

Mustawd

Also, you consider early France to be "white"? I guess...Weren't they Gauls (extreme whitey) mixed up with Roman, which could be a friggin gaggle of ethnicity. Loose definition I guess.

Regardless, they're not part of the HRE, but definitely common if you were gonna make an RPG...

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

HhOYyp.jpg

I'll take, what is "None of these because none of these are peoples from the Holy Man Empire" for 500.

So either you're unfamiliar with the Holy Roman Empire (HRE), or you think that caucasians/europids didn't inhabit medieval Europe.

Also, you consider early France to be "white"? I guess...Weren't they Gauls (extreme whitey) mixed up with Roman, which could be a friggin gaggle of ethnicity. Loose definition I guess.

The image is clearly a very high-level representation of the races.

Mustawd

None of these are people from the HRE. This is just a poster. Not a person. FFS.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
If he is doing an historical RPG about Islam conquest then it will be the last game developed by Obsidian.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So basically a game that stands out through historical storyfaggotry? That's cool, history's always interesting. Dunno how it'd stand out from the other "sword'n board" style stuff as a game, though (if it should go that far back).

For a setting, I think I'd rather have something that explores the industrial, technological and scientific revolutions of the past few centuries than something that went all the way back to dark ages.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
While coming up with cool possible historical settings is fun, I think that it should be implicitely clear that Sawyer, who loves Darklands and is a sucker for medieval history and the HRE in particular, will likely not place his personal dream RPG in Western Africa or the colonial past of Jamaica.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sawyer Codex: All Sawyer News All the Time

Being the Hit Maker pays off. "Deliver one more hit and you can do your low-budget passion project," spoke Urquhart.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
If he is doing an historical RPG about Islam conquest then it will be the last game developed by Obsidian.

You're saying Obsidian shouldn't poke the bear? I thought bears only come in cuddly, Winnie the Pooh forms, there's no reason to be scared.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom