Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

JUST SUCK 2

circ

Arcane
Ok I played this for maybe an hour, and you know, I fucking hated AP controls, camera and everything, but I hadn't played JC 1 or 2 then. AP EVERYTHING IS FORGIVEN, COME BACK!!!!1111

How can this game game be praised for anything? And more importantly, how can Eidos, known for its excellent controls in Raider series, release this clusterfuck of a game?

This game should have fucking shipped with a free microphone so I could laugh the enemies to death with Rico as I watch him move, or rather fumble around like a fucking retard.

Ladders & Snakes

Educated
Yup, sucks
249972154v5_400x400_Front.jpg

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didnt have a problem with the controls I guess you just suck.
shrug.gif

edit: oh I played the pc version, maybe the xbox360 controls are worse or something.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
LOLLOLOL TYPICAL CONSOLETARDS PLAY AROUNDWITH THE GAME FOR A LITTLE BIT THAN CRY THAT IT IS TOO HARD OR THEY CANT UNDERSTAND THE CONTROLS

GO BACK TO GAMEFAGS FAGS

I enjoyed that game. Once you got comfortable with the control you became unto a natural disaster. Drop out of nowhere, fuck up some random base, and then zip-line away while some left behind thugs curse your name with everything they have. All of it taking place in less time than it took to radio for backup.

Eventually you find a :smug: smile on your face because you realize you have license to be a douche.

circ

Arcane
No I played the PC version. And the controls aren't even the beginning of the shittiness. They're bad, but essentially the game seems to be an excersise in quicktime events.

Run around, shoot up people or um, hit them with the awesome grapple line. Really? Blow shit up for a cash bonus. Follow the linear quest that consists of -- shoot some shit, grapple shit, QTE press button combo, repeat.

What sandbox? I can run around and blow up the same shit over and over. You know what a sandbox game is? Delta Force partially. GTA series. Here I just listen to bad voice actors that tell me to go to do shit in tiny areas. GTA, I had to look for the quest mobs and usually some intelligence was required to finish said quest. Here it's -- follow quest marker you stupid cake eater.

Multi-headed Cow

Just Cause 2 is great. What is wrong with you.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO NO STOP LOLLOOLOLOL CONSOLEFAG SHIT IS FOR CONSOLEFAG FAGS LOLLOLOLOLLOL

BRO LOLOLOL IF GTA REQUIRED INTELLIGENCE I HOPE YOUR SHOES ARE VELCRO CAUSE TYING THEM IS TRICKY

Angthoron

Arcane
circ said:
No I played the PC version. And the controls aren't even the beginning of the shittiness. They're bad, but essentially the game seems to be an excersise in quicktime events.

Eh, the controls are just fine. There's some silliness in response, but on the overall, controls are way more responsive than GTA4 or the hilarious awfulness of "smart context buttons" in Assy Creed series. There's a bit of getting used to it, but after that, it's all just a pile of joy, especially flying the helicopters. Now, from what I hear, JC1 had horrible controls on PC that made it tank in sales completely (talking of PC port only here though).

Run around, shoot up people or um, hit them with the awesome grapple line. Really? Blow shit up for a cash bonus. Follow the linear quest that consists of -- shoot some shit, grapple shit, QTE press button combo, repeat.

Screw the "storyline" missions, really. There are some good ones later on, like stealing a van with a witness and driving it off a frozen mountain top while being pursued; blowing out a space rocket out of the sky on a jet plane; destroying the PNN building; placing mines on a convoy of three vans and detonating them; and some others, but in general, the "storyline" is there just so you can get cash easily. Voice acting is non-existant, though some things during the missions like "Will you shut up or do I have to cut off your arms and bitch slap you all the way until we reach the destination?" given by Rico to a hostage are quite amusing.

The point of the game seems to be that you steal a helicopter, fly around checking out the scenery, then burst into a military base and explode the living crap out of it and fly away. It's basically about eyecandy and explosions - you won't be finding a plot here, at least I sure haven't.

What sandbox? I can run around and blow up the same shit over and over. You know what a sandbox game is? Delta Force partially. GTA series. Here I just listen to bad voice actors that tell me to go to do shit in tiny areas. GTA, I had to look for the quest mobs and usually some intelligence was required to finish said quest. Here it's -- follow quest marker you stupid cake eater.

DF and GTA series aren't sandboxes either really. God sims are more along the line of sandboxes, because you can actually affect the world as such - in DF and GTA and JC2 you only get to play around in a big open space with various degrees of freedom.

Multi-headed Cow

Doesn't it? I seem to remember it having at least some regenerating health.

Angthoron

Arcane
Also, any game to feature a cruise boat brothel kept up in the air at about 1 mile above the surface by a pair of Hindenburgs cannot be bad by default.

Ermm

Erudite
Game has a too beautiful environment to deserve, but gameplay looks stupid (saw on Youtube).

That grappling hook thing look retarded, and visibly makes gameplay crappier.

Angthoron

Arcane
Ed123 said:
Angthoron said:
Also, any game to feature a cruise boat brothel kept up in the air at about 1 mile above the surface by a pair of Hindenburgs cannot be bad by default.

So that's what that thing is. I kept noticing it in the sky and thought about chasing it with an armed helicopter :smug:

That's exactly what I did myself. There's a mission to save it later on, too, which wasn't too bad.

Oh, and yeah, speaking of neat missions, there's one where you get sent to a haunted island. It was pretty fun.

Rasputin said:
That grappling hook thing look retarded, and visibly makes gameplay crappier.

Well, that really depends on how you use it. Since I've not seen the gameplay vids, can't really comment, but it has some nice sides to it, like extending parachute glides. Other than that, well, I guess it was a reasonable enough tool to be able to do all the stunts like climbing skyscrapers and hijacking helicopters mid-flight.

SoupNazi

The grappling hook is what makes it fun. Especially with that trainer that gives you an infinite number of unbreakable ropes. I don't think there's anything funnier than tying 10 enemy soldiers to a chopper and flying around, watching them dangle. :smug:

anus_pounder

Arcane
Grab the largest plane you can find in the airport, go sky-high, go into stunt position and plant several explosives on it, aim plane towards enemies and jump off at the last moment.

I like the game for dumb/awesome moments like that. Its ok for letting off steam.

Luzur

Good Sir
i never got past the nuke the powerplant mission in the first game, i never got of the island in time.

SoupNazi

Luzur said:
i never got past the nuke the powerplant mission in the first game, i never got of the island in time.
Yeah, that mission took me like 150 times. Remember it very ... vividly.

Angthoron

Arcane
Rasputin said:
Maybe I am mistaken, but shootouts look awkward with the help of grapling hook.

Ah, well, yes. Thing is, I nearly never use the hook in shootouts except for getting to a different vantage point or moving around quickly to clear the area, so my grapple kill count is probably around ten, while the actual kill count is amounting to thousands. It is a boring method, thankfully, the guns are good enough not to ever need to resort to that unless it's really your thing.

Basically, the game is a big, pretty, and brainless theme park where you blow shit up in hilarious ways and cruise around looking at the pretty imaginary landscapes only to blow some shit up for the lulz again in a bit.

Ermm

Erudite
Is there a way to get this working on XP?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom