Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

JUST SUCK 2

Data4

Arcane
Any game that lets you surf a jumbo jet into a nightclub suspended by blimps is win by default.

torpid

Liturgist
Just Cause 2 is one of those games best acquired via the sailors of the Seven Seas. Then you can just fire it up for like a half-hour whenever you want some YEAAAAHHH moments, and you'll never regret your "purchase".

circ

Arcane
Ok, I gave it another shot. And even though it's 'blow shit up by numbers', I'M SORRY CODARX I'M HAVING FUN. Some missions are even challenging, like trying to grapple to a car before it reaches a sub. Too bad the enemies are total retards, and not being able to get a safehouse or something to reliably reload shit, or atleast buy ammo from the blackmarket.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SOMETIMES IT IS JUST FUN TO BLOW SHIT UP AND RUN AROUND LIKE RETARD

ITS LIKE SCREWING FATGIRLS SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE LIKE NO WAY I WOULDNT DO HER THA=EN YOU WOULD FUCK HER SILLY WHEN NO ONE WAS LOOKING'

A TRUE BRO KEEPS THE FAT GIRL AROUND CAUSE THEY ARE BETTER AT GIVING HEAD AND BUY YOU DINNER MORE OFTEN

JUST CAUSE YOU HAVE FUN WITH THE FAT GIRL DOESNT MEAN SHE IS TEN OUT OF TEN KNOW WHAT I MEA3WEN BROS!!!!!!

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
JC2 has a quirk - instead of slowing the framerate, it increases pre-buffering, making controls feel laggy. When that happens, tune down the graphics.

That aside, the game lost me after it plonked me in front of some giant map and told me that for some reason I have to attack some fortress. Far Cry 2 lost me quickly for the same reason - gameplay mechanics alone are no longer enough to draw me in.

circ

Arcane
Ok I played through it three times and it's getting boring. I can't customize my guy at all, the weapon choices are pretty slim and going with say a shotgun is pretty stupid when there's a machine gun. Blowing up shit like statues, propaganda vans, com stations seems pointless and hasn't had any noticecable difference over the play throughs. Also faction choice for endgame doesn't do shit. There are some cool missions, like I tried this one with japanese 'zombies' that were really shitty in combat, that was pretty different-ish. But what's the point of a big world with cool light effects and weather when nothing changes.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
shihonage said:
JC2 has a quirk - instead of slowing the framerate, it increases pre-buffering, making controls feel laggy. When that happens, tune down the graphics.

It does something like that with v-synch on, when it drops below 60fps it does this weird slow-down effect, rather than just lose frames. Drove me nuts, one of the reasons I didn't finish the game.

Gonna try playing it again eventually.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
LOLLOLLLLOLLOL CIRC YOU ARE IN THE RUNNING WITH SKYWAY FOR CONSOLETARD OF THE DECADE

LLOLLOLOL WHY DO THE SERIOUS PC ELITE PLAY THE CONSOLETARD GAMES WAY MORE THAN THE CONSOLETARD TARDS

BROS I LOVE THE PLASCE

Eyeball

Arcane
Rasputin said:
I liked Total Overdose. That was Just Cause done right.
Correct. TO is completely badass, especially the way it cranks up the music intensity the more kills you get in a row and the higher the action is.

Tried playing JC1 once. Shit controls, boring vehicles, boring gunfights, horrible voice acting. I'd sooner eat my own foot than try the second installment.

Angthoron

Arcane
Eyeball said:
Tried playing JC1 once. Shit controls, boring vehicles, boring gunfights, horrible voice acting. I'd sooner eat my own foot than try the second installment.

A friend that had similar sentiments about JC1 seems to be of the opposite opinion about JC2. The voice acting is still pretty mediocre at best though. If anything, a demo or a "demo" is worth a try at least.

circ

Arcane
I haven't played JC1, but I had a similar experience with GTA SA and Vice City. Played SA first, then tried VC and the controls made it clunky as hell. Not that SA had amazing controls but man VC, man.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Luzur said:
i never got past the nuke the powerplant mission in the first game, i never got of the island in time.
cool bro, we can't all be competent players :thumbsup:

Quilty

Magister
The game's fun for a half-hour burst of destruction now and then, but it's just barely a game. If only it featured RF:G's destructible environments...

Multi-headed Cow said:
circ said:
Ok I played through it three times and it's getting boring.
:lol:

Well, if it gets definitely boring after the 7th time, we can consider it shit.

shihonage said:
That aside, the game lost me after it plonked me in front of some giant map and told me that for some reason I have to attack some fortress. Far Cry 2 lost me quickly for the same reason - gameplay mechanics alone are no longer enough to draw me in.

Eh, they're action games. These aren't known for their stories.

Doom_ingame_1.png

holy cock, demons - you must kill the demons

Data4

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
A TRUE BRO KEEPS THE FAT GIRL AROUND CAUSE THEY ARE BETTER AT GIVING HEAD AND BUY YOU DINNER MORE OFTEN

Ah... truer words have never been spoken. :brofist:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Clockwork Knight said:
Eh, they're action games. These aren't known for their stories.

Doom_ingame_1.png

holy cock, demons - you must kill the demons

Doom had atmosphere and superb gameplay to compensate, so I cut it a lot of slack.

Just Cause 2 has neither and there's no urgency of any sort to compel me - again, same as Far Cry 2. Welcome, player, to our glorious engine. Destroy our entities with the crappy controls we provide. You must bear this for no reason.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Rasputin said:
This doesn't support WinXP? BOOOOOOOOO

Because games need to support a 10 year-old OS.

JC2 is fine in small quantities - more fun with a trainer that enables multiple grapple lines as well as making them indestructible.

Data4

Arcane
shihonage said:
Just Cause 2 has neither and there's no urgency of any sort to compel me - again, same as Far Cry 2. Welcome, player, to our glorious engine. Destroy our entities with the crappy controls we provide. You must bear this for no reason.

Far Cry 2 also didn't have gameplay mechanics that were fun to dick around with for short bursts of time. In fact, it went out of its way to piss you off with the respawning checkpoints. Just Cause 2, while light on any motivation to advance the story (such that it is) still gave you a sandbox with a few toys to play with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom