Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaduria

Discussion in 'Codex Workshop' started by Krice, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Krice Arcane Developer

Krice
    I think after 30 years I finally took static keyboard commands and made them user definable (is definable a word?) by placing them into std::map. Save and load for keyboard commands works in theory, now I just have to figure out how to redefine commands.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Krice Arcane Developer

Krice
    Reorganized virtual folders, I think it was worth the time. Previously I had folders like 'procedures' which isn't that great when you try to find something. Now there are more folders with less stuff. For game objects I have began to use 'actions' and 'data' folders, and it more or less reflects the style of source files. My programming style is shifting from "pure" OOP to kind of half-procedural approach where I try to keep data structures simple and move actions to other classes or even procedures. This idea comes from the fact that classes get large and entangled when they contain actions that require other classes. Actions seem to be really what procedures are good at, it's almost in that name: procedure = action.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Krice Arcane Developer

Krice
    If I can't think of anything there is at least the list of bugs to fix. Well it only has 7 open bugs, but there are more of them of course. However fixing bugs is quite tedious, I've never liked it, who does. But something has happened to me, I have this weird crush on a woman and to get my mind off her I'm programming like crazy person. I think this is how we guys get anything done at all, right. Right?

^ Top  
  4. Krice Arcane Developer

Krice
    I'm planning to do a RPG simulation for this project as well (already did for Teemu). The idea is that you can adjust attributes real time in a "simulation" and see how it affects to everything else. This hopefully will fix the problem I have developing a RPG system when you get lost in calculations and how modification chain should work. In fact even getting that chain to work properly will be useful.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.