Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kathy Rain - Director's Cut

Keshik

Arcane
LoL played a bit and the protagonist is the most annoying shit i have seen in me fucking gaming history. She is beyond obnoxious,and the writers are retards,giving you a bunch of answer options which are all edgy cringe vomit and all have the same meaning. Some chap nazi dude ask you out and you have four options of saying no.

Even more than Rufus ?

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
LoL played a bit and the protagonist is the most annoying shit i have seen in me fucking gaming history. She is beyond obnoxious,and the writers are retards,giving you a bunch of answer options which are all edgy cringe vomit and all have the same meaning. Some chap nazi dude ask you out and you have four options of saying no.

Even more than Rufus ?
Rufus is frustrating to play as because he cycles between absurd idiocy and mean-spirited guile, whereas Kathy is just abrasive and likes to talk back

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm enjoying this. Much much better than Whispers of a Machine. Not sure what the rage on the previous pages is about. Yeah, Kathy's not very relatable, but I'm fine with that as her attitude never quite reaches ragequit levels.
The rationality of thought behind clues you follow is refreshing, the smalltown setting is lovely and the characters do their job. Voiceacting is kinda hit or miss, because of fluctuating recording quality.

edit: To be fair, there's a few annoying 'I'm a woman' and 'sexist!' callouts from Kathy that are starting to piss me off. Hope it doesn't go over the edge.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom