Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read Kawaii Codex - Let's Read Eden: It's an Endless World!

Destroid

Arcane
Eden is the most famous manga by Hiroki Endo. Set in a post apocalyptic world in the near future where a virus has wiped out a substantial portion of the population, resulting in the collapse of civilisation and new authorities arising from it's remains. The art is excellent, in a very clean style, and consistent across this very long manga (18 volumes). The characters and plot take a more leading role in this than other comics I have posted before, but I don't mind that in a lengthy work that has time to properly develop such things. This comic, like Blame!, I feel will need a second read through for it all to really sink in, but as it stands it is one of the most enjoyable comics I've read.

I will probably stop at the end of volume three. I'll stick to 3-4 chapters per page after this first mega chapter. For better or worse the way I upload now results in higher quality images (imgur doesn't process them as a batch), as a result this page is about 30mb worth.

Read from right to left.

ENuXV.jpg

FtqDN.jpg

G7mjt.jpg

BloSf.jpg

OJQ1n.jpg

QC4CA.jpg

HEscA.jpg

SITXE.jpg

4zcND.jpg

DdHY0.jpg

Ychpz.jpg

OWcDg.jpg

YLD5m.jpg

ZsSUh.jpg

0ZirQ.jpg

48IQu.jpg

Me16b.jpg

ZJrlc.jpg

XiXwS.jpg

DStY8.jpg

QV2Bg.jpg

NqUEO.jpg

7SKrr.jpg

S5u1j.jpg

5BtCX.jpg

7TWSp.jpg

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
This was the first volume or chapter? Do you use software for uploading and posting this or do do it manually?

edit: Oh yes, only the first volume... how is one supposed to scroll through all this shit?

Destroid

Arcane
This is about 2/3rds of the prologue, which is the first chapter but much longer than the others.. The first volume is about 220 pages in total. And yeah I batch upload this, I just don't want to stack too many images on one page. It's also a check to ensure that people are actually interested enough for me to bother doing it, although it's pretty quick and easy now that I use an uploader (Biomega took forever).

how is one supposed to scroll through all this shit?

I don't follow what you mean here.

bandaid

Educated
I remember reading this some years ago, liked it very much. Please, do continue.

lightbane

Arcane
Ah, yes, this one, I started reading it but I still have to finish it. A truly codexian manga, filled with sex, (ultra)violence, rape, drugs, racism... You name it.

Destroid

Arcane
Changed my mind, I'll get this prologue done on the first page, might post up to volume 3 so we get some action.

7gCTh.jpg

XmrWW.jpg

MbTqk.jpg

3ptWr.jpg

XYQEm.jpg

On0jI.jpg

4s7K4.jpg

1X6M4.jpg

CEc1k.jpg

OH7F6.jpg

J3wDP.jpg

1gSKl.jpg

S3jGS.jpg

T6a9n.jpg

EJb8J.jpg

2Jc43.jpg

RiM1W.jpg

O82hi.jpg

V1R6x.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:Dies from severe does of Incline:

I LIKE this. It gives me some hope after being buried with harem plot lines or dragon balls rip-offs.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
ordoCodexicus.png

That's why I :love: this website for. When you lose all faith in mankind you get lethal doses of :incline:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Awesome stuff, keep it coming.

I kinda spazzed out at leukemia being referenced as a retrovirus but this is relatively docile as far as pseudoscienmagology goes.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Now post update where they have their first time. :smug:

Destroid

Arcane
SerratedBiz said:

I kinda spazzed out at leukemia being referenced as a retrovirus but this is relatively docile as far as pseudoscienmagology goes.

Wikipedia to the rescue! said:
Viruses have also been linked to some forms of leukemia. Experiments on mice and other mammals have demonstrated the relevance of retroviruses in leukemia, and human retroviruses have also been identified. The first human retrovirus identified was Human T-lymphotropic virus, or HTLV-1, is known to cause adult T-cell leukemia.[22]

Although I guess it's really not accurate to say leukemia is a retrovirus.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Fucking japanese. Keep posting

also please avoid late edits, it can get a bit confusing, now I'm not sure if you did it but... yeah

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Destroid said:
SerratedBiz said:

Wikipedia to the rescue! said:
Viruses have also been linked to some forms of leukemia. Experiments on mice and other mammals have demonstrated the relevance of retroviruses in leukemia, and human retroviruses have also been identified. The first human retrovirus identified was Human T-lymphotropic virus, or HTLV-1, is known to cause adult T-cell leukemia.[22]

Although I guess it's really not accurate to say leukemia is a retrovirus.

I'm well aware of the connection and I can use wikipedia too, but it's still wrong.

Destroid

Arcane
bUWJp.jpg

TBhjg.jpg

FRjVt.jpg

Z9YFY.jpg

2LLBH.jpg

MeCi0.jpg

R3DI4.jpg

XboUx.jpg

Kpgk7.jpg

NJgBl.jpg

MdDyE.jpg

The end of volume 1! What is next in store for our intrepid heroes?! Find out when you bump it to the next page. :smug:

lightbane

Arcane
The pics don't show up for me for some strange reason. Are you using imgur? Today I had some problems with the web.

spekkio

Arcane
Ah, Eden.

One of the best mangas evar - I wouldn't be surprised if the future of the mankind actualluy looked similar to things showed here.
And Kenji is one of the most badass characters evar.

And Ion Soldiers...

:love:

Ending is kinda mech, but it's much better to actually end your series than to choose the Miura route.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom