Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kerbal Space Program

potatojohn

Arcane
Yeah I'm waiting for 1.0. Then I will finish the campaign/scenarios/challenges/whatever and never touch it again.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Site down :(
And no torrent on the bay either. FFS Squad, don't make me register the game on steam :(

Site works for me. Ironically, I don't have enough bandwidth left to download the update right now. Try to wait awhile then reload.

Absalom

You're not missing much. I just got in to the game and it's buggy as hell. I couldn't leave a flight unless I left it throttled up which invalidated the inclination change I was trying to do. It's also a lot slower.

Ulminati I'd wait until the hotfix's come out and your mods are updated.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
9pJYQSs.jpg

"Why play alone, when you can play alone together?"

Kerbal LiveFeed is a plugin, client and server that lets you see other players are doing while you play KSP. You can see their vessels and orbits in Map View, read live status updates of their ships, chat and share screenshots and craft files.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com...ssive-Multiplayer-Plugin-Client-Server-v0-6-7

Looks cool. :thumbsup:

Hellraiser

Arcane
People are a bit complaining about the new SAS but outside of some roll that should not be (probably caused by vector thrust engines) I didn't have any problems. My VTOL flew fine yesterday and successfully crashed into the new VAB a couple of times before I decided that precision rocket VTOL flight in an atmosphere is ass.

BTW since they improved terrain on a few planets apparently some have sharp mountains now, most noticeably Laythe.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah. I noticed more than Mun got overhauled. And the rotation is a bit annoying in SAS. But I've flown enough wobbly death traps to work around it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm waiting for Kwantum Struts and Mechjeb to hit .21. Then I'll probably try for a surface base somewhere. I'm thinking Duna, Moho or Eve. I'm still not using Kethane.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The sea surface is actually animated now, noticed as I was cheating a recreation of my laythe space station into laythe orbit (fuck sending all that stuff to jool again, also kerbal alarm clock is broken so I wouldn't be able to do it now even if I wanted to). It's still flat but has a simple animation to simulate waves, it could use another layer on top of it randomize the shading a bit since the tiling is still pretty obvious. Also it got a few new islands on the previously empty hemisphere which used to be all ocean.

Nope. Performance is worse across the board for me, and in one simple test launch I noticed two new bugs. Was hoping for a bit more polish :(

Hellraiser

Arcane
Biggest issue for me is that the VAB to launchpad loading times seems to have increased. Performance seems to be better in orbit though. They need to hotfix reaction wheels onto the large ASAS (it only provides SAS functionality which probe cores do not have unlike manned pods), personally I copypasted the module from the smaller ASAS myself and just multiplied torque and power usage by 2.

Can't do shit though since I need KAS and the B9 aerospace pack to recreate most of my stuff (that 2 man cockpit is so snazzy). Also I downloaded the spherical fuel tanks mod, man those look so nice. If only there was a spherical command pod to go with those as well, or a bunch of biodomes.

EDIT: Hotfix is out.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The old problem, with every version it was getting slower and it crashed too. I'd think though that they really improved that with 0.20.

The out of memory crash will possibly be fixed since it's a unity bug that got fixed in an engine update, it is possible that the game will be ported to the latest unity build in 0.22. The issue I and other have is separate and will probably get fixed in a hotfix soon, unless they figure to do the unity upgrade in 0.21.2 as well which would delay that.

Anyway the big feature planned for 0.22 is revealed to be R&D and the tech tree, not a finished tech tree since some parts will have to be added in the future (most notably resource mining/processing). The current plan of the devs is to have research points or the equivalent granted via doing stuff actively as in flying stuff and collecting science data, rather than just time warping and doing nothing but spending money. I think that could imply we'll get more science parts with the update, stock telescopes would be nice (but they need to do that procedural skybox first since the current texture looks like gray goo when zoomed in). Either now or in the future, but doing actual science to advance up the tech tree is a good idea.

Speaking of money in the future career mode launches will cost cash based on individual part costs with VAB designs being as pie in the sky as you please.

Oh and we'll get VAB/SPH editor improvements for 0.22, probably sub-assemblies (finally). Looks pretty good so far, better than the last 2 updates as far as gameplay changes are concerned. Still probably two months away though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Just a shame most of the game will probably be dead easy for us now. We already know how to design and fly rokkits way, way better than Joe average. If they tailor the campaign difficulty to please the Disciples of Manley, noone else will be able to progress anywhere in it.

Yeah, difficulty modes are a must. Better if customizable: I'd activate all the aerodynamics they end up implementing, life support and the like, but I'd rather keep the option to roll back flight states. Even if there's still the sandbox mode to experiment in, I really need to go through trial and error multiple times per mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom