Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kz3r0, Apr 4, 2012.

1. groke Arcane Patron

groke
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech
    Jew magic.

^ Top  
  2. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    It's not uncommon to see projects canceled and restarted or failed projects doing a second attempt shortly after, however until now I haven't see a third attempt, not on Kickstarter and neither on Indiegogo, I don't know if it's due to some sort of waiting for approval that takes longer in case of repeated attempt of there is some rule in place of which I am unaware of.

^ Top  
  3. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    I am inclined to not add the game to the list for two reasons, looks more as a proof of concept than a game and this passage from the Kicksterter page:
    No way that they can finish the game with the asked money, a professional laptop plus Unity pro license is already around 3.000~4.000 €, and they are going to barely making it, if ever.

^ Top  
  4. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  6. Overboard Arcane

Overboard
    Frozen state didn't make it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. stony3k Augur Patron

stony3k
    ^ Top  
  10. kaizoku Arcane

kaizoku
    cock sucking fuck!
    This looks very interesting and they aren't going to make it :(

Hell, they needed 600k to make this a really fine game.

Pledged... but it's not going to happen.

Also, it looks like Balrum is not going to make it :(
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum?ref=users
    Neither Eterium
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1989266212/eterium-a-space-combat-sim-for-windows-pc?ref=users

^ Top  
  11. http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?69587-The-Return-of-Tom-VS-Bruce/page15

Writing for videogames continues to be hard, as does ordering t-shirts.

Now I've never written anything for money, but I have commissioned a bulk order of custom t-shirts and LET ME TELL YOU BROS it didn't take that goddamn long. I even designed the logo for 'em. Unless Tom's using slow boat from China LundB sweatshops to save himself a few shekels compared to buying them locally I have no fucking idea how that's defeating him.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Grauken Comrade Pumpkin Patron

Grauken
    ^ Top  
  13. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

Holy crap.

^ Top  
  15. kaizoku Arcane

kaizoku
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. kaizoku Arcane

kaizoku
    look who's back http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617502838/shadow-of-the-eternals-0?ref=category

^ Top  
  17. stony3k Augur Patron

stony3k
  18. AstroZombie Arcane

AstroZombie
    Divinity: Original Sin
    How much of that will go towards McCulloch's bail?

^ Top  
  19. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    I have decided to discontinue the list of all funded projects above 100K, while has been an useful too to monitor the developing of the Kickstarter phenomenon now is simply unmanageable unless I start to develop some kind of automated tool, but non only I don't have the skills nor the will to do so it will be also pointless, this thread is not about data mining after all.

^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
  21. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Donation is a terrible word to use. Contribution or pledge are more correct.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn
    This boggles my mind. 4.5 million ? Why not simply create the core game...the game you KNOW you can make with that money, and THEN start adding on extras with the load of money still in the bank?

The thing is, people look at well known developers doing this and then think an "amateur" could never do anything with a small amount of money. Everything is blamed on mysterious forces of the industry, instead of just simply bad business. Now the mistakes of a few rogue developers in dealing with the public (and a huge pile of money) will reflect poorly on ALL of us developers (even the ones like me, who don't just sit in a chair and manage / design...but get down and do all the work for the game on no budget. EXTREMELY different type of development.)

^ Top  
  23. baturinsky Arcane

baturinsky
    Will a good freeware game be funded on Kickstarter, if it does not promise any beads and mirrors to donators?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.