Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Wasn't Zoey Quinn to star in a FMV game ? Maybe it's the Night Trap remake. That would be great for feminism.

I just want someone to kickstart this so that it gets completed

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
After Star Command, which had a separate Kickstarter specifically for a PC/Mac version, the goal of which was exceeded by 51%, which sold 600,000+ copies on mobile, and which the devs have yet to release a PC/Mac version of two years past the projected date, I no longer back Kickstarter projects with mobile versions of any kind. I actually don't think I ever have (though it's hard to keep track; I've backed a bunch), but in the future, I most definitely won't be.

buzz

Arcane
Considering that the more popamole they added the more money they got I am not adding it to the list.

You're starting to get really picky with the choices. You've put Fritz on the list which is described as "narrative RPG with brutal real-time combat about life in the trenches of the First World War." And has garbage visuals. Think Hard West deserves to be on the list, maybe the devs can change their minds and shit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
buzz
This is indefensible no matter how you slice it, especially when the fuckheads developing the game constantly name-dropped vastly superior turn-based tactical/squad games, even the holy Fallout (which is by no means a particularly good example of turn-based tactical combat, but it's Fallout):

the prototype combat system and corresponding UI are based on the best stuff there is - and that is, in our opinion, XCom (2012).

Even then, it might have passed... but there's more, and this nugget revealed their true motives:

Also, it allows for controller support. And eventual console ports, maybe.

Yeah, maybe. H-heh heh, *wink*.

No Codexian should stand for this, not even Morgoth, although I'll certainly agree that the master list in post #1 isn't exactly pure incline.

Last edited:

buzz

Arcane
Yeah, well at least he asked for advice on how to make the game better.

Besides, XCOM with Enemy Within expansion is decent, I'd certainly take it over Diablo-style clickfests or RTwP stuff, or JRPG combat (that have made the list before). Have you played the early 2000s UFO:Aftermath/shock/light games? That shit was WAY worse.

The early UFO games had consoles ports as well, SRR is on tablets.

I'm pretty skeptical of it myself (that reloading thing is just dumb and makes no sense) and I'll probably withdraw my pledge at the last day if it gets enough money. But I still think it's worth paying a bit of attention to it.

Tytus

Arcane
Yeah, well at least he asked for advice on how to make the game better.

Besides, XCOM with Enemy Within expansion is decent, I'd certainly take it over Diablo-style clickfests or RTwP stuff, or JRPG combat (that have made the list before). Have you played the early 2000s UFO:Aftermath/shock/light games? That shit was WAY worse.

The early UFO games had consoles ports as well, SRR is on tablets.

I'm pretty skeptical of it myself (that reloading thing is just dumb and makes no sense) and I'll probably withdraw my pledge at the last day if it gets enough money. But I still think it's worth paying a bit of attention to it.

XCOM Enemy Withing with the Long War mod that fixes a lot of shit (like arbitrary choice which mission to take and which country alienate [hehe] or expanding soldier limit and available weapons to develop and use) is actually enjoyable.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler!, Bill Tiller kickstarter for another adventure game, complete with purdy 2D backgrounds and ugly 3D characters. At least it looks more focused than his previous one, the whole "maybe it's for an episode, maybe it's for a season, who knows?!" approach doesn't look that good on a kickstarter pitch.
Are people interested in this, I am getting Monkey Island 3D vibes from this.

Kz3r0

Arcane
SIENNA STORM, a Kickstarter with a ton of celebrities working on it, including Sheldon Pacotti, Tony Evans, and Alexander Brandon and MCA stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1591209713/sienna-storm

Too bad it's this:

2c1f06d28cc1a641563c3fe9d3f943ce_large.png

Sienna Storm is a unique interactive comic-style video game. Every scene is a hand drawn, animated work of art and there are multiple actions points the player may select to progress the game. Dialogues are rich and non-linear, and choices you make throughout the game not only have consequences, but also influence your standings with certain characters and involved parties

There is a fair amount of challenges to resolve such as combat, hacking computers, and tailing an enemies. When you enter these challenges, you play a short strategic card game using a customizable deck.

At the start of each card match, you can modify your deck to best suit the situation, even adding in new cards you've earned over the course of the game. This allows you to pick a strategy – trickery, gadgetry, or straight-up violence – that works best for the mission and your personal play style. But watch out! The matches are dynamic and based on the story, so you never know what new enemies, old allies, or dramatic plot twists are in the cards to keep you on your toes!

What. The. Fuck. I think they've invented a new genre here - the CTE game (Card-Time Event). :lol:
No, they didn't, this is just the Western version of Metal Gear Acid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Acid

PS:
Not that is a bad idea, seems interesting enough, how many people are interested in it here tho?
And it's going to fail.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The RK47 crowdfunding campaign: http://www.patreon.com/user?u=286320

STEVE IS CREATING LP
Help me buy more KFC.

I've recently encountered my dropbox traffic limit which resulted in a temporary suspension of all public links I've posted.

Obviously, this is pretty disappointing to people who read my stuff, since all of the updates both new and old are dead until dropbox thinks my 'traffic drops down to acceptable limit.'

I've done some checking and came to the conclusion that upgrading my Dropbox seems like a good idea. I don't ask much. At just USD9.99/month, it should be sufficient to keep these suspensions from not happening ever again.

What does it mean to you who like to read my works?
All you gotta do is put a dollar a month.
And I'll guarantee there'll be an update before every week's Thursday.
It could be one, two, or three updates even.
Think about it:
The reason why I hit the cap is pretty simple: I updated too frequently.

So the 'cost-free' solution is to just 'not update that often' but who ends up happier with that?
Game progress stops or stagnates. Raw images unprocessed, thread not moving, I might even consider abandoning it and just go full video to avoid it. Do you like watching the videos? Or do you prefer screenshots?

It's all up to you, my readers!
Oh! I almost forgot... most of my works are posted in RPGCodex Playground
But since my dropbox is temporarily suspended, you can't see any of it.
But here are some of the games I've LP:
Mass Effect Trollogy: Captain Kirk has a Gun and no Prime Directive - also, Star Child Killing
Katawa Shoujo: Dating Crippled Women to Feel Better About Having Heart Problems
Shira Oka: Dengue Fever was inflicted and author of this LP nearly died. It was never finished.
Romance of Three Kingdoms: Chinks trying to out-chink each other.
Fallout series: A post-apoc tale of a Plumber - a true visionary RPG by Todd Howard
Arcanum: When Sawyer Isn't Involved in Developing RPG - this game happens.
I even played 2 seasons of Bloodbowl! - and attempted several disconnects to advance to next rounds.
And many more that I lost track of and abandoned!

He needs 10 bucks a month. Can you provide, Codex?

Destroid

Arcane
Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars - Sequel to the addictive rogue-like Weird Worlds: Return to Infite Space

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digital-eel/infinite-space-3-sea-of-stars

BTW, you can get this for $1 now for the next few days at IndieGameStand: https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Another lesson in why you shouldn't kickstart anything~

I guess the lesson is you shouldn't buy anything because one day it might be cheaper.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars - Sequel to the addictive rogue-like Weird Worlds: Return to Infite Space

BTW, you can get this for $1 now for the next few days at IndieGameStand: https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

I guess the lesson is you shouldn't buy anything because one day it might be cheaper.
No, the lesson is you shouldn't kickstart anything. And you shouldn't be Australian.

ColCol

Arcane

No, the lesson is you shouldn't kickstart anything. And you shouldn't be Australian.

For added laughs check the steam forum responses/posts.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah it's pretty funny. They must be desperate for cash. N-e-ways, grabbed it for $1. Funny enough it's one of three games I've got through IGS with one of the other two being Weird Worlds 2.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I find it sad that they need to prostitute themselves this way to generate more revenue. It's a paradox: the Kickstarter funding goal has to be low enough so that backers feel it's achievable, but if it's too low, the project might run out of money due to unexpected expenses, delays and overtly optimistic estimations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom