Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Shit, the trailer :lol::lol: (might slightly NSFW)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/strafegame/strafe

STRAFE® is the fastest, bloodiest, deadliest, most adjective-abusing, action-packed first-person shooter of 1996! Auto-generating levels of pure mayhem constantly change up the carnage.

The future of 3D gaming is in your hands. Are you ready to push the limits of computer-generated realism and hardcore scifi action to a new level that threatens the very existence of humanity?*

Good. Humanity is not worthy of STRAFE®:

• BILLIONS of level possibilities with a unique level generated on every load
• OCULUS RIFT compatibility - put yourself inside 100% virtualized "real" environments
• Randomized enemies, monster closets and hidden secrets surprise at every turn
• ÜBER-GORE® Tech for ludicrously persistent gibs
• Lifelike digital gravity
• BLAZING fast gameplay and responsive controls
• Realtime first person upright biped simulation
• Weapon upgrades and power-ups that’ll change your play style
• Unsigned 32 bit colors!
• Colored lighting!
• Ultra large resolutions with a unique 16:9* screen ratio (*only in 2d mode)
• Multi dimensional polygonal meshes derived from over a thousand unique vertices
• STRAFE®!

You survived the hell demons of DOOM, the pure evil of QUAKE and the insane Nazi regime of WOLFENSTEIN 3D. But nothing can prepare you for the depravity of deep space in STRAFE®.**

Vikter

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I pretty much loved the trailer, but then I thought it would be yet another multiplayer-focused shooter catering to people only versed in MOBAs and TF2. Then I saw it was single player. That's great, even though procedurally generated for a shooter still doesn't click me as well as a well designed map would, I guess.
Still, I'll have to back it. And the way the trailer is appearing everywhere makes me think they'll be funded.

And holy shit, people at Polygon are already offended by how the kid died.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Fargo is now furiously drafting his next Kickstarter: Wasteland 3: Kittens In Post-Nuclear America.

Last edited:

himmy

Arcane
Something seems really shady about this.

1. Board/Card games consistently did better than video games on Kickstarter.

2. He's the fucking Oatmeal guy. He's extremely popular and, to be fair, difficult to hate. Even if you are one of those people who hate popular things (i.e. RPGCodex members), you can still look back to times when he wasn't huge and have fond memories.

almondblight

Arcane
Speaking of the Exploding Kittens Kickstarter, it's always struck me as odd that people will pay extra money for a deck of cards that's been neutered to the extent where you can only play one kind of game with it. So you could get a cheap deck that allows you to play poker, gin, crazy eights, Egyptian rat screw, exploding kittens (if you look at the page, you'll see they used a standard deck to create the game) and thousands of other games. But there are still plenty of people who will pay extra money to buy a deck that will only let you play crazy eights (Uno), or a deck that will only let you play Egyptian rat screw (slamwich), or a deck that will only let you play exploding kittens (eh...exploding kittens).

The game itself seems pretty boring. Naturally you're going to use a defuse card whenever the opportunity arises, and probably the attack and skip cards as well (unless you know the next card isn't a kitten). The "peak at the top three cards" card will be pointless if you're playing with 4+ people. Maybe the relocate bomb card or cat cards will make it less mindless, but at the moment it seems pretty boring.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I would have backed that in seconds if that was only a good old school adventure game without the shooter crap...

Oh well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom