Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Search of the thread returns nothing, is it possible?

The most Codexian P&P Kickstarter codenamed "Achtung! Cthulhu" (A terrifying World War Two setting for the Call of Cthulhu & Savage Worlds roleplaying games. The Secret War has begun!) is funded and well on the way with stretch goals...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/achtung-cthulhu-the-ww2-keepers-and-investigators

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
For those that missed Monte Cook's Numenera Kickstarter, the guy is accepting preorders, for a limited time, on his website.

kaizoku

Arcane
IIRC it's for mobile only.
Not a bad thing per se, one needs to have a decent game to play on a smartphone anyway.

sup dawg,
I heard you like riots,
so we made Riot,
so that you play Riot while on a riot.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How in the fuck do you see ALL video game kickstarters (as in all open ones)? When you select video games you can only select Staff Picks, Popular this week etc? Am I Just stupid? :(

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How in the fuck do you see ALL video game kickstarters (as in all open ones)? When you select video games you can only select Staff Picks, Popular this week etc? Am I Just stupid? :(
I think if you click see more for each of the categories, all the current projects will be listed, but they'll be sorted differently. The page also loads dynamically (you have to scroll down to load more) which is annoying.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

I complained about the same thing recently. Navigating the KS site is tedious.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think if you click see more for each of the categories, all the current projects will be listed, but they'll be sorted differently. The page also loads dynamically (you have to scroll down to load more) which is annoying.
This!

Selecting "Popular this week" will give you all active projects in the selected category (just as selecting "Most funded" will give you all the successful projects in the selected category) sorted according to the name of the link, i.e. popularity and funding success respectively. "Staff Picks" and "Recently Successfully Funded" don't work like that though, for obvious reasons.

I complained about the same thing recently. Navigating the KS site is tedious.
There's no that much tedious about it once you understand how it works. I find the fact that the page loads dynamically more and more projects stupid, or the fact that they don't send you anymore the updates of the projects you starred but haven't pledged to, or the fact that you can't sort your pledges list and starred list according to your preference limiting and annoying, but that's a different story.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
~gasp!~ a kickstarter watch? :D

Don't forget Bloom :) We went up the other day :) http://kck.st/ZYaA9x

e20b719206f61bd198d5c3c9d6a873c6_large.jpg

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
"~~An epic adventure about the love between a mother and her child." On second thought maybe you DO fit in here. :desu:

~gasp!~ you thought I was trying to make some vapid game that offers nothing but a cheap good time? Imma high class betch makin a high class game! The kind you don't forget ! <3

:necro:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
"~~An epic adventure about the love between a mother and her child." On second thought maybe you DO fit in here. :desu:

~gasp!~ you thought I was trying to make some vapid game that offers nothing but a cheap good time? Imma high class betch makin a high class game! The kind you don't forget ! <3

:necro:

I noticed in the game play portion of the video that the player character used some sort of deflection spell/mechanic to deflect arrows. Is that the only means of offense/defense or will there be more options in the future? Only asking because I didn't see the classic sword-and-board combo a la The Legend of Zelda :D.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
I noticed in the game play portion of the video that the player character used some sort of deflection spell/mechanic to deflect arrows. Is that the only means of offense/defense or will there be more options in the future? Only asking because I didn't see the classic sword-and-board combo a la The Legend of Zelda :D.

That deflection / shield is the basic attack (so, I guess the basic sword swing in another game). It is short range, and pushes enemies back, and persists a second to continue shielding. No energy cost, so you can use it as much as you want.

You can hold down the attack for a moment to charge it into a more focused, longer range and higher damage attack. This uses energy , so isn't something you can just run around pew pewing with (since, your energy and health are from a single bar...the more energy you use, the weaker you get).

((so, up to here, one button handles a lot of functionality and options)

Besides that, there is a pool of 2ndary attacks which you can ready (and these have a wide range of abilities, from absorbing abilities to bending trajectories to placing stationary walls or jumping ahead). Basically, depends how a person wants to play and what they are fighting against.

And then there are a few other key combat mechanics (like "the bridge", which lets you jump in and out of an overlapped world, or points on the field which gives you bonus for staying near it...adding on another level of choice during combat, try to stay in one area and make it difficult to dodge or use close range lower cost abilities? Or stay on the bonus and try to make that work?).

So, combat is real time (obviously ~_~), and will require thoughtful approach. You can use some of the stronger offensive abilities, but the stronger their effect...the more draining they are on you... so it makes you consider more carefully what you do (as apposed to a "spam my strongest stuffz!!!" approach).

And, you might have noticed a lot of these abilities lend themselves to puzzles ....so... yea, there will be puzzles (but I don't want to bonk people over the head with them, so it will be less "YOU MUST SOLVE THIS PUZZLE" , and more just optional challenges you run into during the game ...at least for the most challenging ones).

That is probably a long response :P but, yea, not really zelda ~_~ Except for the old man in the cave, there will be old men in caves.

FreeHugs.jpg

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Net Gain. A Cyberpunk strategy game:

"In Net Gain, the player takes on the role of a corporate broker, hired by a powerful conglomerate to sabotage their competitors by any means. You’re in charge of investigating targets, planning missions, assembling teams, and leading the operation to success. All in a world that’s rapidly changing every day…"

The "get the game" tier may be a bit high for some people ($20), but it has relatively cheap tiers of the "add your own content" type.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom