Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Just bought it since its in sale and the "demo" version I tried had a fucking bug that made balin and his brother do almost nothing in the starting bridge mission. I started on normal but felt it was a little bit easy but since this is extremly early the difficulty may be getting higher later or should I just play on hard? I am not fully retarded but I suspect I am not as good at these games as many here.

Play on Hard. Just make sure to don't ditch Balan. You need all the tanks you can get early on.

Zeriel

Arcane
You can change difficulty at any time so just put it on whatever feels fun to you. Normal can get pretty boring yeah.

Cadmus

Arcane
Normal is too easy for me but hard is sometimes too hard, had to restart couple of times and the injuries snowballed over time so I couldnt use my A team.
Might be Im just too lazy but I would prefer something between hard and normal. Sometimes the encounters are just evil bullshit, too.

Harthwain

Magister
Doesn't matter early on. He has more armor points, which are crucial.
True. This will matter later on though, when having an actual dedicated tank will be of outmost importance. This is why it's best to avoid misconceptions from get-go.

Might be Im just too lazy but I would prefer something between hard and normal. Sometimes the encounters are just evil bullshit, too.
The key is in how you build your Champions (and other classes too, although to lesser extent).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Finally on my summer vacation and have time again for this. Almost forgot how much fun it is. Gonna finish it now. How is the amulet that grants -1AP cost at the cost of -25% weapon damage? Seems like it should be p. good.

Cromwell

Arcane
How is the replayability of this game? Since i started a new one and played the first missions again I saw that most of the dialogue didnt change regardless of how you reacted but theres also the morality stuff, does this change the story a lot or is it mostly mssions you do or cant do regarding the stuff thats seen on the morality board?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dialogue choices seem almost completely superfluous. The morality choices seem to mainly change unlocked missions, characters, laws and such.

EDIT: Aaaaaand right after I say this I encounter a dialogue with a monk where dialogue choices DO matter. OK they are *mostly* superfluous but not always.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
lol so

For sages we get:

Isolde: Old Faith
Guinevere: Old Faith - Righteous
Sir Leodegrance: Righteous
Sir Lucan: Christian - Righteous
Morgawse: Old faith - Tyrant

So basically fuck me for being a Christian Tyrant huh :lol:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So basically fuck me for being a Christian Tyrant huh :lol:
Morgawse is workable when you're a Tyrant. But, yes, Old Faith has it way easier in this field.

Yeah I probably have to accept Morgawse as my sole sage here. Even though she is Sober and I've both Potion upgrades :despair:

It's like a touch of Sawyer's balance.
As Righteous Chtulhu I got shafted with Vanguards.
The only Vanguard that shared my faith was Sir Bedievere and he's the only vanguard with useless Sprint instead of Jump.
So effectively he does not exist.
I had to resort to using Lady B, and the Neutral bitch is so hard to please that she never liked me enough to get an extra AP.
Sir Tegyr is a righteous bro though, despite his beliefs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
With vanguards you at least have a high level neutral - Tristan (once he gets Alchemy, he's on 3AP for his main attack just as the others) :D

Harthwain

Magister
Yeah I probably have to accept Morgawse as my sole sage here. Even though she is Sober and I've both Potion upgrades :despair:
Just give her some scrolls. She's doing fine in my run on Hard as she has good enough skills to avoid getting hurt (on top of Defenders focusing majority of enemies, obviously).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just give her some scrolls. She's doing fine in my run on Hard as she has good enough skills to avoid getting hurt (on top of Defenders focusing majority of enemies, obviously).

I'm doing Very Hard, not that I foresee it being a problem. I'll still use her. Just greedy

EDIT: Wait, Morgawse can't get the +AP ability. That's the only reason to use a Sage :lol: Though I guess Chain Lightning is sort of like a reverse Inspire...

Last edited:

Oropay

Educated
A slider pops up, such that you can scroll through all your aspirants, including the one you just recruited

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Trying this out.
It's... not as bad as I expected from Neocore but it is clearly consolized. Runs like shit for no apparent reason, too.
A bit on the edgy side but that's alright. The characters look fine apart from Mordred himself, he's just 3edgy5me. Voice acting is ass.

Mechanically it seems very solid however so I can overlook the presentation.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
consolized

this word has no meaning anymore
The way the camera moves so sluggish and the tiny tube levels feel like it was designed for controllers.

E: And sheeeit I know England is a dreary place but use some fucking colors every now and again. Churches have stained glass windows and even tarnished gold is still gold.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom