Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News King of Seas storms a Release

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: 3DClouds; King of Seas

King of Seas has made it's way to GOG and Steam. The game will set you back $24.99US on either site. Take on the role of a pirate ship, do quests, gain skills, explore. So, if it's a pirate's life for you, this might be a game you've been looking for.

• Story: A series of quests guide you on your journey and uncover the intriguing characters of the King of Seas world who will lead you to the next path of your epic adventure.
  • Procedural Generation: Dive into a lush, procedurally generated world that constantly refreshes the exploration mechanics within each new game.
  • Dynamic World: The world reacts to your every action, naval routes change and with each conquered settlement the difficulty adapts to constantly give you a more challenging time.
  • Map: A thick fog will ensure travelling towards objectives is not plain sailing, after all wouldn't you want to lose the joy of exploration !?
  • Navigation system: Atmospheric effects influence gameplay. Sail during a storm at your own risk, escape the enemies and always remember to carefully watch the wind direction to stay in control during battles. The strategy starts here.
  • Ship customization: Five types of highly customizable ships through an equipment and skill system, just as in any true role-playing game!
  • Combat system: Not only cannon shots and nautical strategy but also speed and spectacle, thanks to a set of more than 20 skills to choose from and three branches of talents to suit any playstyle.

I really enjoyed Windward for a bit, which this game seems very similar to. Though it had cross platform multiplayer, and King of Seas is just single player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks! A pirate game that would not be another buggy remake of Sea Dogs sounds interesting. But it doesn't seem to have boarding?

A horse of course

Looks fun for Pirates!-style arcade ship battles, but not for more than 10 bucks.

mogwaimon

Magister
i picked it up thinking it was something completely different (i jumped the gun because i'm a sucker for pirates) and it's basically a bastardized fusion of Sid Meier's Pirates with Diablo 3 style loot/progression, even going so far as to lift the inventory UI straight from D3.

it's aight but I feel like I didn't get what was described. I should have done more research, sure, but they described it as an 'action adventure RPG' so I thought it was gonna be more like...I dunno, Risen 2 but hopefully not terrible. And the first 40 minutes is basically a long handholdy tutorial that tells you basic shit that literally every other game has, and the setup for the story is like swiss cheese

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
109eia.jpg

10150d1430472203-iron-eyes-cody-pity-foo-pities-foo.jpg

Last edited:

Alter Sack

Magister
$24.99US for something that seems basically to be a mobile game?

Disgusting. Who buys something like that?

If you want to play a pirate game do yourself a favor and buy the original.

You can get pirates gold for five bucks on gog and still have twenty left for another game or a cheap blowjob.

https://af.gog.com/game/pirates_gold_plus?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom