Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Should cap frame rate to 30 instead of having fluctuations. RIP good frame-pacing.

Protip: use the new scanline sync instead in RTSS for butter-smooth frame-pacing. Better than v-sync and a good free alternative to g-sync.

Funposter

Arcane
CPU usage is a bit uhhhhhhh

pyKIMAQ.png

Paul_cz

Arcane
CPU usage is a bit uhhhhhhh

pyKIMAQ.png

Hyperthreading is useless in games if you have 8 core CPU. If you disable it you will see usage spread quite evenly across the 8.

Consoles have 7 available cores and no hyperthreading, which is why that tends to be what the games are programmed to utilize.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
In the wake of the cryptocurrency wave, there are a lot of second hand graphic cards on the market now.

Thanks, but buying used GPUs always made my skin shiver. Maybe its irrational, but it feels like buying an opened condom - you have to trust previous owner immensely to make a good purchase.

EDIT: It looks like I'm disagreeing with your post. Thanks for the answer! :love:
No, you're right. Your gpu is like your waifu or husbando. Why would you want used goods?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Come, relax and take a look on the fourth dev stream with QA Lead Jan Rücker and Tobi. This time both are tackling the initial quest of the “Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon”. The second DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance revolves around his attempts to woo the fairest maid he has ever set eyes upon, and his success will not depend only on his own mastery of the art of love – it’s also up to his trusty wingman, you - Henry, to ensure that The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon come to a happy end!

Simple Simon

Scholar
In an open world game, you always have the possibility of being overgeared unless you gimp the open world aspect by cordoning off certain gear in certain locations- like how GTA3 opens up bridges or how Far Cry 3 takes you to different islands.

Funposter

Arcane
In an open world game, you always have the possibility of being overgeared unless you gimp the open world aspect by cordoning off certain gear in certain locations- like how GTA3 opens up bridges or how Far Cry 3 takes you to different islands.

The problem is that, for the most part, KCD doesn't even hide it behind challenges. In Morrowind, I can grab a full suit of Ebony Armor and a Daedric War Axe in Ashelmawia, but it requires killing a level 20 Battlemage on top of fighting through his cronies. In KCD, I can grab a Noble Shortsword and Noble Cuirass, and all I had to do was go for a quick jog in the Rattay Woods.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My favourite pet peeve. This is only one example of MANY showing how little developers generally understand itemization. You'd think the idea of tying the value of the loot to the difficulty of getting it would be obvious but so many devs fuck it up. Either they don't get how important itemization is or they don't understand what makes great itemization great.

My favourite examples are the chests in Risen 2 - three tiers of lock difficulty (levelling lockpicking being very expensive), all containing the exact same shit. Or Witcher 3 where the itemization fell from the wrong tree and hit every single branch on the way. All perpetrated by great, experienced devs with multiple successful RPGs under their belt.

If you wanna know what makes itemization great look at Witcher 3 and imagine the exact opposite - items should be relatively scarce (not 37 different kinds of shit in a single house), relatively unique (not 150 swords that looks indistinguishable), with interesting features (the functional differences between swords amount to tiny dmg percentage increases), subjected to proper effort/reward ratios (finding a legendary sword Asshole Ripper in the tree stump behind the starting house is bad) and finding them should be interesting (you shouldn't be able to just buy the best gear). Kindda no-brainer, don't you think? Still, devs fuck this up on regular basis.

My favourite examples of great itemization are Wizardry 7 and Dark Souls (yes, Miyazaki insist on his autistic idea that legendary boss weapons don't always need to be more powerful than basic steel ones but generally he gets itemization right).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Their own making of documentary is released on Steam:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/2372765

Making Of Kingdom Come documentary available!

We'd first like to thank you very much for your support and patience as the Making Of has finally released. This is a very special documentary movie that shows you in-depth coverage of our journey throughout the creation of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

This is a must watch, as you’ll only get the most exclusive footage of our journey.

Get the movie right here.

As a backer with Knight tier or higher you should have received this reward on Steam already. If you didn't connect your Steam account yet, please do on KCD website.

If you need help, please contact our support.

Thank you and enjoy the movie!

Steam Awards Nominee for GotY 2018
We're officially a nominee for Game of the Year for The Steam Awards! There are only 5 games to vote for, in which case we are incredibly honored to be a part of something special, and it’s all thanks to you. It would mean the world to us to receive your vote, your friends’ vote, your family’s vote, and even your greatest villains' vote.

Come one, come all - let's conquer that castle!

Thank you for your support and Merry Christmas!

Warhorse Studios

Paul_cz

Arcane
Yeah they said on twitter are are in contact with Valve about it...

This stuff is really embarassing..

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They released their shit at the same exact time Valve launched their biggest discount event of the year. I wonder if that is what caused the problem. The GOTY voting also started at the same time and for a while the entire page kept crashing and all kinds of glitching. I think you STILL can't vote for the best developer. Shit is an utter mess.

Ovg

Cipher
Does everyone get 40 fps in big towns regardless of quality settings? I swear I get drops from 60 to 40 sometimes and it doesn't matter if I have everything set up as low as I can or on high quality.

:edit:
I found this mod.

It claims to, and some people say it does, optimize fps.

Last edited:

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Does everyone get 40 fps in big towns regardless of quality settings? I swear I get drops from 60 to 40 sometimes and it doesn't matter if I have everything set up as low as I can or on high quality.
Yes, in Sassau en especially Rattay you'll get framedrops. Be careful (or not) when running through on horseback cause you can kill npc's when you bump in to them.

Does everyone get 40 fps in big towns regardless of quality settings?

My guess would be it's because areas with larger amounts of NPCs are very heavy on CPU. I couldn't even play the game until CPU upgrade because of it, would have major freezing in Rattay. And there aren't any settings that modify NPC load on CPU. Not sure how they would even tackle it, probably the only way would be to make a mode that disables NPC schedules and makes them stay in one place all the time. I just made peace with it because KCD isn't a fast game that absolutely requires steady 60 at all times.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Anything interesting or new in this interview? Starts at 48:26.

Ton of interesting stuff, but nothing KCD related (on purpose). Klíma was talking about his student days when he ended up as a student spokeman during the endcommie protests, the early days of his first company Altar, development of the Dragon's Lair tabletop game and the first computer games etc.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
One more reason I'm happy to be supporting Vavra's team - they have their values in the right place. Staunch anti-communism, and opposition to its present day metastases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom