Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Website Launched

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Well it is just ridiculous. How could they have gathered funds for something like this? Judging from the trailer it will be the biggest cliché of all. I mean come on!
What was in the trailer? - Huge hammer, huge pauldrons, shiny silver armor, skeletons, dragon, fight.
That is the fucking most uninspired trailer I have ever seen.
They could at least show some interesting monsters, but nooooo, let's show a fight with fucking skeletons because nobody has ever seen it in whole gaming history. And the dragon at the end.

Castanova

Prophet
Another generic shaved head hero doing medieval kung fu against a bunch of armored skeletons and killing them by slicing their... "flesh" with a sword? And then stabbing them in the... uh... somewhere when they're down!

reckoning_concept5.jpg

I'm fucking speechless. :salute:

Turjan

Arcane
ChristofferC said:
Suchy said:
There's always "should of". I love this one. Also "there" instead of "their". The funny thing is that native speakers do this most often.
I could care less. Grammer doesn't matter anyways.
Just tell us how much less you could care :smug:.

Turjan

Arcane
DramaticPopcorn said:
I lol'd so hard watching this trailer, almost pissed myself.
To me, it looks just sad. There's nothing in it that piques my interest.

It might be the problem of too many cooks. Three big names, probably with big egos, means design by committee. The result looks half-assed. Standard western fantasy fare with some sprinkles of JRPG optics.

Turjan

Arcane
Some Moron On Welfare said:
Has it ever occurred to you fags that it might be a lighthearted game a la Fable? No need to get all srs bzns about it.
Did you read that in some coffee ground? Those tortured figures in chains sure looked lighthearted.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Light-hearted, you say? Allow me to show you a sterling example of Salvatore's mighty wit:

"Ye're bats!" Ivan yelled. "Ye can't be one of them!"

"Doo-dad!" Pikel replied indignantly.

"Ye think they'd have ye?" Ivan roared. "Tell him, boy!" he cried at Cadderly, who had just entered the kitchen. "Tell the fool that dwarves can't be druids!"

"You want to be a druid?" Cadderly asked with interest.

"Oo oi!" piped a happy Pikel. "Doo-dad!"

Ivan had heard enough. He hoisted a frying pan-dumping its half-cooked eggs on the floor-and heaved it at his brother. Pikel wasn't quick enough to get out of the way of the missile, but he managed to bow into it, taking the blow on the top of Percival head and suffering no serious damage.

Turjan

Arcane
Turjan said:
Has it ever occurred to you fags that it might be a lighthearted game a la Fable? No need to get all srs bzns about it.
Did you read that in some coffee ground? Those tortured figures in chains sure looked lighthearted.
So what? Your whole village gets slaughtered in Fable.
Nevertheless, it was made clear from the very beginning that Fable would be "lighthearted". I don't even see a single hint in that direction in anything that has been shown of this game.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So the guy fights skeletons with a blade and when a huge flesh monster arrives, he uses a hammer. Hmm, I bet I'll have to learn new tricky tactics to enjoy this game.

Turjan

Arcane
What about the cheesy looking armor and skeletons?
That and the huge opponents remind me more of standard JRPG fare. The huge weapons without weight just look like examples for bad animations.

AnalogKid

Scholar
kris said:
DramaticPopcorn said:
I lol'd so hard watching this trailer, almost pissed myself.
I wish it could make me laugh. I just facepalm.
This.

It's "good" to see the newfags get hammered with the kind of insanity that many felt from Daggerfall to Morrowind, or that I personally felt from Morrowind to Oblivion (and of course most of us felt from F2 to F3). When people post "why do you rage at everything?" we don't have to answer anymore. Just point at this ... abomination.

I used to be excited thinking about my old age and retirement, because instead of having to sit alone and do nothing all day, I figured there would be some truly in-fucking-credible games to play in 30 years. But I'm afraid now, very afraid.

Razz

Educated
The font is surprisingly similar to the Lord of the Rings movies' one. Also the voice-over in the trailer is almost identical in tone as the one in the Fellowship of the Ring prologue. They're really pushing this generic fantasy thing to the extreme, aren't they (and I don't even hate LotR).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Abelon Blanchetourbe said:
reckoning_concept5.jpg

I'm fucking speechless. :salute:

At first I thought this was some silly fantasy fanart from deviantart.
Then I scrolled down and saw the game's logo at the bottom.

Oh wow. :lol:

random_encounter

Educated
It is said that there is but one thing certain in this world: all that lives, must die.

This is the bargain into which all must enter: One birth. One death.

For each life . . . a Reckoning.

What if you disproved that certainty...
Would you change your path? If the bargain could be broken...
Would you rewrite your Destiny?
And if you could escape the Reckoning...
Could you deny your fate?

“But what if we could change this thing, dear friend? What if we could free ourselves from the bonds of Time and Transcience? What then, might we accomplish? How high might our aspirations reach?”
-Collected Writings of Fomorous Hugues, Philosopher/Scholar

“I will not accept this life of unspoken servitude, the path of a feather borne on the winds of Fate. These bonds have been thrust upon me, and I will rage against them with every breath I draw.”
-On the Bonds of Mortality, a Research Journal, Author Unknown

So the story is going to revolve around respawning, respecs, and leveling?

Erm, hmm...

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Bunch of retards in this thread, (a) bitching about graphics full stop, and (b) bitching about how a game with TODD MC-FUCKING-FARLANE as the head visual design guy looks utterly stupid. It's not just the bitching either, it's the fact that people seem surprised about this.
Good work idiots, maybe one day you'll also work out that Bethesda games generally aren't very good (hint: you can generally tell because of the people who are involved).

Saxon1974

Prophet
Wow, im a Salvatore Fan and even Im speechless at how crap this art and trailer looks.

So if there was a warhammer the same size as your body would you be able to swing it, much less lift it?? WTF!@!@!@

Was looking forward to seeing what they have come up with and I still hope Im wrong but man does this look like major suckage.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I kinda like some of the art, actually. The armor reminds me of some 90s CGI stuff and the monster style at least looks different from generic fantasy/D&D art.

No excuse for the generic acrobatic fighting and the giant weapons though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom