Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Fire and Ice DLC released

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: 1C Company; Fire and Ice; King's Bounty: Warriors of the North

Kings%20Bounty%20Warriors%20of%20the%20North%20Ice%20and%20Fire.jpg

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North has received a new piece of DLC. Fire and Ice offers the following features:

- Creature skill system – lead your troops through dozens of battles and they will become stronger than ever!
- Snow Elves – a new Elven nation that prefers snow and blizzard of the Ice Gardens instead of the green forests of Merlassar.
- Necrolizards – a new kind of the undead, Lizardmen that have risen from the dead.
- New locations to explore.
- Over 20 new creatures.
- Revamped creatures of King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North.
- New items with unique attributes.
- Over 20 hours of additional gameplay.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Really curious how this panned out. First two KBs are one my favourites ever but WotN was clearly a half-baked attempt at squeezing some more dough from the brand. I hope they listened to the feedback because those Ruskis can really make some serious games.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
any1 know if the new content is available earlier on? cuz wotn is hella linear early on and I dont feel like trudging thru nthat crap again

I was assuming this was a standalone campaign in Wotn, not an extra island in the main game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
any1 know if the new content is available earlier on? cuz wotn is hella linear early on and I dont feel like trudging thru nthat crap again

Mmm, so there's a new home screen and a new campaign tab but when you start a new game, it starts just as in the WotN.

I suppose it's the same model as with Crossworlds - the same world and story with some added content.

EDIT: omg, ninja'd so badly :)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's just more of the same. I wouldn't bother unless you really really REALLY love a shit ton of turn based strat battles one after another. No idea why they thought this game needed DLC. Probably because it's extremely cheap to regurgitate more of the same and some niche market will buy it up.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So been playing with this for a while and it seems they made the first island a bit less tedious. It's still mostly undead but I think (although not too sure) they reduced the number of fights and added some monster variety.

Will report more as I progress.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, can definitely confirm the new expansion makes the game kilometers and tons better. For starters, the first island is definitely a lot less annoying, the new units are great, there's a completely new levelling system in that the units level up too, old units have new abilities and so on.

Didn't get to the Ice and Fire campaign story yet but I can safely say if the original WotN would've been released in a state like this, it would be another KB classic instead of that damp, dreary disappointment that it actually was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom