Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sierra King's Quest 1 SCI Remake Manual & Other Documents

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I wanna play through all the King's Quest games, but that original version of KQ1 is looking pretty smelly (terrible reputation as well), and I don't wanna play an unofficial fan remake as a replacement for the original. So I decided to play the official SCI version, but I can't find its manual, and it seems like having those kinds of documents is pretty important for a game like KQ. Has anybody got these?

That is, assuming the SCI version had a different manual than the original KQ1. There's a listing on Archive.org called "King's Quest SCI Manual" but it's the '84 original.

I wanna play through all the King's Quest games, but that original version of KQ1 is looking pretty smelly (terrible reputation as well), and I don't wanna play an unofficial fan remake as a replacement for the original. So I decided to play the official SCI version, but I can't find its manual, and it seems like having those kinds of documents is pretty important for a game like KQ. Has anybody got these?

That is, assuming the SCI version had a different manual than the original KQ1. There's a listing on Archive.org called "King's Quest SCI Manual" but it's the '84 original.

Kings_Quest_1_SCI_-_Manual.pdf (sierrachest.com)

Naraya

Arcane

You might be interested in this?

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
For anyone who isn't already aware of it:

https://mocagh.org/index.php

It's an excellent resource for rpg and adventure game manuals, reference cards, maps, clue books, and box images.
Thanks. That website had all the resources for KQ1SCI in one place, and it confirmed that there was no updated 1990 manual and the original '84 manual has all you need to play the remake.

Neuromancer

Augur

You might be interested in this?

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html
From the text you quoted:
"I don't wanna play an unofficial fan remake as a replacement for the original."

Duraframe300

Arcane

The SCI remake is already a remake though (with all that entails). And the fan remake of 1 is pretty much just a 1:1 better update of the SCI version (with minimal content changes).

So, you're still missing out on the original, while playing an inferior version of the remake. Don't really get your point at all here.

Edit: This is different for the AGDI sequels though, which are more like reimaged KQ 2+3 versions, but as I said in KQ 1's case there's barely any difference to SCI except for QoL and art updates. There are plenty of content changes in comparison to the original though.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom