Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Quest III Redux

Zeus

Cipher
zeitgeist said:
Any side-by-side comparison screenshots?

Whipped this up by searching Google Images:

kq3-comparison.jpg

:incline:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Wow judging how successful Lucasarts is at remaking Monkey series, why not Sierra do the same for their entire catalog of adventure series.

Police Quest 1,2,3, fuck 4

King Quest 1 - 7, fuck 8

Space Quest 1-5

Quest for Glory 1-2-3-4

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
RK47 said:
Wow judging how successful Lucasarts is at remaking Monkey series, why not Sierra do the same for their entire catalog of adventure series.

Police Quest 1,2,3, fuck 4

King Quest 1 - 7, fuck 8

Space Quest 1-5

Quest for Glory 1-2-3-4

Apparently you missed the thread directly below this one that has Telltale doing a re-boot of the Kings Quest series?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Isn't this the second KQ3 remake out there?

And where's the Space Quest 2 remake?

Topher

Cipher
I never played any of the original games, maybe this would be a good time to give them a go.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Topher said:
I never played any of the original games, maybe this would be a good time to give them a go.

DO! And do not be a gigantic faggot and use a walkthough. You will have blast.

Topher

Cipher
Jaesun said:
Topher said:

I would never.

Anyway, I'm going to look into playing some of the remakes once I've had my fill of Bloodbowl and Armored Princess.

Topher

Cipher
Jaesun said:
Topher said:

I would never.

Anyway, I'm going to look into playing some of the remakes once I've had my fill of Bloodbowl and Armored Princess. I actually think I might have played one of the older titles but all I remember is something about a pie really early on.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Topher said:
Jaesun said:
Topher said:

I would never.

Anyway, I'm going to look into playing some of the remakes once I've had my fill of Bloodbowl and Armored Princess. I actually think I might have played one of the older titles but all I remember is something about a pie really early on.

You sir are a true Patriot (not using a walkthough). Go forth and Enjoy the horrors (and absolute fun) that is the Classic Sierra games. You will NEVER get to experience this ever again in Adventure Games. :salute:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You didn't save game? Too bad. you're fucked.

Or having a virus in the floppies where the fucking old wizard would pop out at random even after I was done with him and teleported to Daventry...woooo...Good times good times.

I remember my cousin buying me a clue book from USA for King Quest 1-5 with narration by Derek Karvelangen. Or something like that. Good times.

Zeus

Cipher
Rock Paper Shotgun put a lot more work into comparison shots than I did, but screw it, they had the free time.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02 ... iii-redux/

There's even shots from the previous remake.

I like the looks of the 2004 wizard. His eyes are kind of constipated, but his costume design is pretty badass. The new wizard looks like he's been up for days.

The new game's wooden border rules, you can see the books on the shelf, and the Redux edition keeps the pink/cyan look of the hero. EGA FTW and all. You wouldn't catch me in that shirt, though.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I downloaded the AGDI versions of King's Quest 1 and 2, but the better graphics is actually a liability when playing on a modern 22 inch screen, since the resolution is still only 320X200 making the graphics horribly blurred when playing full screen.
Unless I'm missing something it seems the alternative is to either play in a tiny window or use the original versions whose much simpler graphics don't blur.

Coyote

Arcane
Jaesun said:
You sir are a true Patriot (not using a walkthough). Go forth and Enjoy the horrors (and absolute fun) that is the Classic Sierra games. You will NEVER get to experience this ever again in Adventure Games. :salute:

:) Isn't this the one with the teleporting wizard? That was kind of brutal, even moreso than I remember the other Sierra games being. I mean finding out that you've gotten to the end of the game without a vital item is frustrating (and I think this game had that option, too), but that guy really pissed me off.

Though it also took me far longer than it should have to figure out that there even was a pattern to it, let alone what that pattern was. I just assumed that it was semi-random for a long time because another adventure game I'd recently played did something like that.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Did they screw with the plot of this one like they did KQII? The KQ games have a sacred place in my heart and changing the plot really irritates me.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Apparently they did, to make it fit with their KQ2+ plot, but they didn't alter it as much as they did for KQ2.

Ladonna

Arcane
KQ3 is easily my favourite of the series, but I don't really need a remake of it to enjoy it again. Especially if they have played around with the plot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom